What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the warriors give away

bayrep

Juniors
Yep, I heard Mick Watson confirm this on Radio Sport this morning. Any body that has a kiwi passport just has to show it at a tic-a-tec(? spelling) counter today. Man I wish I were in Sydney today.

Dogs Of War

Coach
How many tickets can they claim? I'll have get one of my kiwi mates to go down and get some, it'll be a good game to watch (4 free)

AliN

Live Update Team
Get down there and enjopy the atmosphere...just like last year..

syphon

Juniors
HAHAHAHA.. this is so desperate (and pathetic), it's quite laughable..

a semi final too FFS.

bayrep

Juniors
syphon said:

a semi final too FFS.

How is this desperate and pathetic?? The club owner and sponsor get great exposure. The club repays the fan loyalty; you get a great crowd and great atmosphere. I bet if it was your club doing this you would be first in the queue.

Southernsaint

Staff member
syphon said:

a semi final too FFS.

West Coast vs Port Adelaide in Melbourne & something similar would be happening.

The fact is that the NRL isn't responsible for this ticket give-away. The owner of the Warriors wants a big crowd behind his team & has bought 10,000 tickets to the game to give to New Zealand passport holders. It's a free country.

I'm going as a neutral with a Canberra supporting mate, but am very keen to see Saints play in the Premier League match...

Cheers,
Ben S.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The giveaway doesn't start until 11am THURSDAY, so plenty of time to get organised.

Syphon, you're a knob-end. Go back to watching your Mardi-Gras rejects in their ball-hugging stubbies falling over each other and leave the men to watch real footy.

sydraider

First Grade
Full credit to eric watson, i think what he is doing is good for the game, there is a massive swans game on the same night he is trying to fight the presence and get fans there to the game, i take my hat off to him. He is even hiring 3 boeings to bring kiwis over, he is promoting the game as far as i see and i give him full thumbs up :D

Southernsaint

Staff member
sydraider said:
Full credit to eric watson, i think what he is doing is good for the game, there is a massive swans game on the same night he is trying to fight the presence and get fans there to the game, i take my hat off to him. He is even hiring 3 boeings to bring kiwis over, he is promoting the game as far as i see and i give him full thumbs up :D

At least someone is pormoting the game...

Hellooooooo, NRL?? You there??

Cheers,
Ben S.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Once again racial discrimination rears it's ugly head. I bet a few Kiwi Raiders fams will scoop up free tickets whilst Australians have to pay. This should not be allowed to happen.

Grantwhy

Juniors
syphon said:

a semi final too FFS.

so the AFL had full houses to both games last week syphon?? ;-)

considering this game is between 2 teams who are based outside of Sydney (one is based in another country syphon , how nice it would be for the AFL if another nation played Aussie Rules to such a level that a team could be based there) it is a good move of the NZ Warriors and their major sponsor to buy tickets themselves and distribute those ticket to the public.

How many people would go to the MCG to watch a semi-final game between Freemantle and Port Power syphon?

Syphon, what do you think of the Warriors attempt to fly in 3 x 747's of home fans for the game? (the Sydney Airport won't let the jets leave the same day so it looks like it's not going to happen - but it was an attempt to get more of their own fans to the game)

El Diablo

Post Whore
Grantwhy said:
but it was an attempt to get more of their own fans to the game)

No, it's not a free ticket give away for Warriors fans, it's a free ticket give away to New Zealanders.

bayrep

Juniors
El Duque said:
Grantwhy said:

No, it's not a free ticket give away for Warriors fans, it's a free ticket give away to New Zealanders.

It shows how out of touch you are. I have mates that live in Aus that are going to get tickets for their Aus friends. And if you think about it; its a kiwi based team which the owner wants to make sure that its fans get to go to the game whats the point of giving out 10k of tickets if the opposing supporters grabbed them all :oops: It has nothing to do with racial discrimination, pull your head in you goose.

Grantwhy

Juniors
El Duque said:
Grantwhy said:

how many of the people who will get these tickets are going to cheer for the Raiders?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Grantwhy said:
El Duque said:
Grantwhy said:

how many of the people who will get these tickets are going to cheer for the Raiders?

Who knows, but that is irrelevant. You can't give away tickets based on race.

Grantwhy

Juniors
El Duque said:
Grantwhy said:
El Duque said:
Grantwhy said:

umm, nationality?

but is it ok to give away tickets based on whether they eat at "Fungry's" or another international fast food chain?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Grantwhy said:
El Duque said:
Grantwhy said:
El Duque said:
Grantwhy said:

umm, nationality?

but is it ok to give away tickets based on whether they eat at "Fungry's" or another international fast food chain?

Go here and you'll find out what's not allowed http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/adb.nsf/pages/complainform

ChiaPete

Juniors
El Duque said:
Once again racial discrimination rears it's ugly head. I bet a few Kiwi Raiders fams will scoop up free tickets whilst Australians have to pay. This should not be allowed to happen.

Who's going to stop it from happening? Eric Watson bought 10k of tickets he can give them to whom ever he wants to. Personally I think it is great to see him get as much support behind the game and Warriors as he can. Lets hope there is a large Raiders crowd to drown out the kiwis, cause its a Warriors victory for sure if the crowd is more kiwi.

Pete
GO BULLDOGS

Latest posts