What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The way i see it...

BunnyManny

Juniors
I am a die hard South Sydney fan and i need to get some things off my chest.

1. We need to let Maguire run his campaign as Souths coach. Far too often we demand success with these new coaches and we never give them time to settle in. Maguire is the best prospect coach we have had at Souths for years and it is going to take time for him to get rid of our old habits. I know alot of you might not agree with what i am saying but in my opinion we shouldn't be looking at finals footy right now. I am as frustrated as any other South Sydney fan after round 2 but guys we seriously need to take a step back and let Maguire do what he knows best. Results don't come overnight. Good coaches take time to build a dynasty. We have a new combination in the halves who have only played two games together and although we havent set the world on fire i can see us getting better in weeks to come.

2. All of us want to see Greg Inglis get more involved. We have the best centre in the world and we are making him look pretty ordinary at times. It's not good enough that he only touches the ball two or three times in a game.

3. Early stages with Adam Reynolds show me that he is just going through his motions. The kid has potential and he needs to back himself. He needs to make the rookie mistakes and you will see that he will get better. At the moment he is standing at first receiver and getting rid of the ball quickly to avoid making mistakes and he is backing his defensive strengths to make a statement. It needs to be other way round for a half. I would appreciate seeing him try things when we are attacking the line rather than quickly getting rid of the ball to avoid making mistakes.

4. And probably the most important... We need to start learning to respect that STEEDEN. You look at the best coaches in the game, Bennett, Bellamy, Hasler... They all have their teams respecting that thing.

SSFC till i die..