What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The wolfman

Would D Williams be where he is if he didn't have a beard?

• yes, he's a great player who deserved all his rep jumpers

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • no, he's an imposter who gets picked because his beard makes him a cult hero

Votes: 77 88.5%

• Total voters

aqua_duck

Coach
I didn't rmember Mcmanus dropping balls left right and centre, kicking the ball away on the 1st tackle, gifting QLD tries and getting swatted away like a bitch 5 or 6 times in a half of football. Mcmanus did nothing but Williams was QLD's best player

Big Pete

Referee
McManus was no where near as bad as Wolfman. McManus just wasn't up to standard where as Wolfman was a severe liability.

As for next year, easy money would say Monaghan would get the spot on the right wing but if Idris continues to develop his game I believe he maybe worth a punt on the wing. He couldn't be any worse than Williams and he has all the skills to combat the likes of Inglis.

aqua_duck

Coach
McManus was no where near as bad as Wolfman. McManus just wasn't up to standard where as Wolfman was a severe liability.

As for next year, easy money would say Monaghan would get the spot on the right wing but if Idris continues to develop his game I believe he maybe worth a punt on the wing. He couldn't be any worse than Williams and he has all the skills to combat the likes of Inglis.
Brett Morris will be there next year, should have been there this year if he had a beard.
As I said you can't even compare McManus to Williams, McManus had a Brent Kite like game where he saw no ball and did nothing, Williams was Paul Carige like

Big Pete

Referee
McManus was stood up by Inglis twice and looked incredibly ineffective with ball in hand. Fortunately for him his shortcomings weren't magnified.

I thought Morris was more of a left side player?

aqua_duck

Coach
McManus was stood up by Inglis twice and looked incredibly ineffective with ball in hand. Fortunately for him his shortcomings weren't magnified.

I thought Morris was more of a left side player?
McManus got outpaced by Inglis once and was part of a 3 man tackle that failed to stop Inglis from scoring aswell, apart from that he did nothing in attack and saw little ball from the halves, can hardly compare that to the wolfman's effort.

Morris from what I've seen is a left sided player but I don't think playing on the right would make him any less effective, besides I'm pretty sure Hayne could slot to the right wing

Kiki

First Grade
jesus are u lot still going on about Dave? get over it. ur going on like he lost us the series or something. get a grip.

nice change of topic but Albert played 1 origin in 99 and MacDougall was always NSW's 1st choice winger and the only man who could handle Dell back in his prime back then. If you want a definition of rort look up Jamie Ainscough and Jason moodie, they were the blokes getting picked ahead of blacklock but don't let the truth get in the way of a good agenda

MacDougall could handle Dell because he was on that juice!! Both he and Albert didn't deserve it. MacDougall for juicing, and Albert for sucking and living off one try A. Johns set up.

Ainscough & Moodie.....what a surprise another 2 Newcastle juniors!!

dovif

Juniors
jesus are u lot still going on about Dave? get over it. ur going on like he lost us the series or something. get a grip.

That is debatable, he did give Qld a 12 point start in game 2, after Gallen gave them 6 point

Note to self.... must grow beard .... will play for NSW

^_^

Juniors
I like how he played two of the sh*test games i seen from him & still scored 2 tries....also wat a difference Lyon made on that right side in defence i didnt see Inglis make breaks like that in the first 2 games.

GO MANLY :cool:

Garts

Bench
I would have had Grothe on the wing. He is a origin player. I have seen him play a few games this year and he was very strong in those games. I guess he might have been sh!thouse in the others though.

Pebbles

Juniors
He played scared all night, never ran with conviction, his defence was atrocious and don't even get me started on his hands. Truth is he never should've been picked, he was rubbish, not average, not mediocre, but rubbish. I don't know the guy persoanlly, he's probably a good bloke but its a sick joke he can make rep teams because he's got a fashionable beard and he has segments on the footy show. The D Williams circus cost NSW game 2 and almost cost NSW game 3.
BTW I didn't see any of you girls defending Steve Turner, Peter Wallace or James McManus when people were laying the boot in.

I wasnt around these parts when people where bashing Wallace, McManus and Turner

Like you i dont know him personally, I am not defending dave the good looking guy, im defending him as a footballer. I just think he wasnt ready as a footballer to be out there and it showed. But thats definately not a reason to give him such sh*t

aqua_duck

Coach
MacDougall could handle Dell because he was on that juice!! Both he and Albert didn't deserve it. MacDougall for juicing, and Albert for sucking and living off one try A. Johns set up.

Ainscough & Moodie.....what a surprise another 2 Newcastle juniors!!
Ainscough was a wests junior who was at the dragons when he played most of his rep game, Moodie made origin 2 years after he left the knights, and roids or not Doogs was NSW's best winger in his day but like I said don't let the truth get in the way of your agenda

sass

Juniors
I've got no problem with either of them as long as they play with some passion. guess that's the difference.

if they do and they're not up to origin ... well then it's in the lap of the selectors to fix.

Ainscough was a wests junior who was at the dragons when he played most of his rep game, Moodie made origin 2 years after he left the knights, and roids or not Doogs was NSW's best winger in his day but like I said don't let the truth get in the way of your agenda

Ainscough was a Wests jr? I did not know that. After thinking really hard, I can vaguely remember him playing for Wests with Jason Taylor, Jim Dymock and co. But nevertheless, Doogs taking roids was disgraceful and IMO he shouldn't of been allowed to play Origin in 1999 so soon after that 22 week suspension or whatever it was. Blacklock should of taken that spot.

Kiki

First Grade
lolol at people saying he lost the series. he wasn't even there in game one and we won game three (and he was on the field) you guys need to give up this ridiculous campaign. ORIGIN IS OVER.

Mr Saab

Referee
lolol at people saying he lost the series. he wasn't even there in game one and we won game three (and he was on the field) you guys need to give up this ridiculous campaign. ORIGIN IS OVER.

Great, then go and cook us some eggs.

aqua_duck

Coach
He was a major reason why we lost game 2 and did his best to lose us game 3 aswell. Can you think of a bloke who's had 2 games at that level and played as bad as Wolfhack did in both games?