What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They STILL dont get it.

SaintPeter

Juniors
To farwell a club great - a man that Wayne Bennett said was the most couragous footballer he has ever coached, who scored a try in the first grand final win in thirty years, who held up the club badge when he crossed the line and gave us all a moment we will remember forever and cried in his farthers arms.... and and in his last ever game, a game that meant nothing. What do we do? we reward him with a spot on the bench.

Is it just me or do the people that run the Dragons now, not really know how we feel?

RedV6

Juniors
I thought it worked out OK it allowed him to come on to his own special ovation

DragonBuck

Juniors
His knee is totally stuffed and was lucky to play the game at all. Why wouldn't he start from the bench?? I'm amazed he was able to put out the minutes he did.
Better to start him from the bench and try to make sure he finishes the game than to start him and subject his rooted knee to the first 15mins of an NRL game and risk him not finishing the match.

18to87

First Grade
I am pretty sure if Dean Young wanted to start - he would have started.

Stagger Lee

Bench
No issue at all

I think the club has treated Dean Young with the utmost respect. I would suggest other clubs would have thrown him away 4 years ago.

I applaud Dean AND I applaud the club

KiamaSaint

Coach
I thought it was ridiculous that they didn't give Deano a try, Hornby scored a try, why not Deano?

USDragon

Juniors
I think Dean was quite happy to start off the bench...he said after the game that the game took practically all out of it him and he was on his last leg. He went out on his own terms..and yes, the club let him go out on his own terms, I can't think of a better tribute to this club legend.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No issue at all
Agreed, and I doubt very much Dean Young cared either.

We can only imagine the things that Young had to go through just to get on the field at all.

The OP and thread are a little misguided imo.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
Well, i think price has shown the upmost respect for dean by giving him the number 13 jersey all year, even though he started more than half his games on the bench.

silverfox

Juniors
he cant even do the warm up anymore. are you the same idiot that posted on facebook a similar negative comment????

Barry's Beath

Juniors
About Deano not scoring a try, watch when Coops scores his, he looks around to give it it to someone over the line. I got the impression he was looking for one of the retirees to give it to.

Mr Red

First Grade
No issue at all

I think the club has treated Dean Young with the utmost respect. I would suggest other clubs would have thrown him away 4 years ago.

I applaud Dean AND I applaud the club
yep agree with this ... other clubs would have thrown on the scrap heap years ago...