What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They tried to fly me down to rehab, but the planes won’t go go, go

age.s

First Grade
Loved screaming at the bastard when he was on TV but take no joy in seeing another human struggling with mental health.

All the best to him.

Reflector

Juniors
I remember back around 2000, reading an article in RLW (IIRC) about Mark Soden, who'd finished up his career with the Bears in '99 after he was cut in the merger with Manly. He talked about mental health and how it could be a real comedown for a player when they retire, he said being an NRL player was like getting paid to do P.E with your mates for a living. Going from living that kind of life (with all its' perks) to having to go into the workforce would be a difficult reality for a lot of these guys to face.

I hope Greg manages to pull it together. If he does so, I could see him being a positive role model one day for young players from the country who hit the big time...

moffla

Bench
It’s a shame. Seemed so relieved once he called time. Hope he takes the time he need to get right

Latest posts