What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Third Test - Australia vs. West Indies

fish eel

Immortal
what a great young talent Dwayne Bravo is.

Not only does he have immense ability, but great ticker as well.

aussies1st

Staff member
Great inns Bravo but you're gone now. Lee finally gets one right although Bravo was trying to hit him for 6.

I think we are now starting to see improvements from Lee. He has been awesome at times during this series, but at other times has been terrible, where as previously he was just terrible in test matches.

I think he is on his way to becoming a good test bowler, but he still has a lot of learning to do.

aussies1st

Staff member
Well he has just changed his bowling run up. Hes taking some time to get used to this. But in a years time he will be a world class test bowler.

Iafeta

Referee
El Diablo, I'm officially in your club of Billy Bowden being the worst test umpire.

That decision against Ramnaresh Sarwan was nothing short of pre-school umpiring standards. Absolutely abysmal that. Was it Dar who missed Dwayne Smith's inside edge?

El Diablo

Post Whore
yes

was Dar

was it Dar who missed Martyn's edges in the Ashes?

I think he was responsible for one of them.

Iafeta

Referee
I said all along Marto was unlucky.

He's still a good bat IMO. Very unlucky to get the chop given some of the decisions he copped.

El Diablo said:
yes

was Dar

was it Dar who missed Martyn's edges in the Ashes?

I think he was responsible for one of them.

Yes Dar was responsible for 1 of them. He was also responsible for one of the worst LBW's in cricket history where he gave Simon Katich out to a ball pitching more than 1 foot outside leg stump.

I still think Dar is worse than Bowden, but Bowden is bridging the gap. Either way they both need to go

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
good to see Lee learning to bowl better with the old ball

he has improved tremendously since the ashes

Tom Shines

First Grade
And Bowden never gave out Warne's sliders that would pitch middle and hit middle to middle-and-off. So many times Pietersen and Bell padded up to those deliveries, only to be given not-out.

But in this match, Lara should've been out in the first innings, but the ones today were shockers. I did think on first viewing that Smith was out, but it probably was bat first.