What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Third Test - Australia vs. West Indies

JJ

Immortal
it's called cricket chaps - full of "what ifs" best kept that way, I reckon

PARRA_FAN

Coach
You'd have to say Hayden will get man of the series after this knock, no matter what. He's scored 3 centuries this test, and close to getting a 4th. Hussey is another in contention for man of the series.

JJ

Immortal
PARRA_FAN said:
You'd have to say Hayden will get man of the series after this knock, no matter what. He's scored 3 centuries this test, and close to getting a 4th. Hussey is another in contention for man of the series.

one of those centuries was not in this series though...

I'd go Hussey - 2 centuries as well, and the one in this test was pivotal...

JJ

Immortal
who gets MoM here - Lara, Hussey, or Warne??? Result of the game more dependent on the latter two...

lockyno1

Post Whore
JJ said:
who gets MoM here - Lara, Hussey, or Warne??? Result of the game more dependent on the latter two...

My guess would be Lara, Warne won't becuase he only got 7 for the match. If he got 10 he would get it. Hussey should get it becuase his partnership with the tail and his eventual hundred won the match. Imagine having to get 280 instead of 180. A big difference. I would give it to Hussey, but the official one will probally be lara.

willvillain

Juniors
I'd say Hussey for his chanceless century, but wouldn't complain at all if Lara got it at all.

I just can't help but think that both Warne and Lara were aided by poor decisions in their favour.

aussies1st

Staff member
Lara will get it. This is his last game in Aus and hes done way better than anyone else.

If Lara got Man of the Series in that one day series in Australia a few years back from doing Jack sh*t, he is a certainty for MOM this test.

I think Tommy was awarding Man of the series that year. If Tommy is in the same Job, expect to see Lara get Man of the series for this test series too.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Tommy Smith said:
Only one test match though. He deserves an extended run to prove himself like Clarke and Katich received.

agreed, he needs a few test matchs to show what he can do

love his cover drive, straight out of the text book

lockyno1

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
agreed, he needs a few test matchs to show what he can do

love his cover drive, straight out of the text book

Hodgey is a great batsman and scores of 60n.o, 18, 23 are not bad scores (average of 50.5). So on that basis he deserves an extended run. His cover drive is fantastic and so is Husseys.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Lara for MOM,

breaking the world record will sway the decision makers imo

JJ

Immortal
not if you do a fair comparison and look at Clarke's last 2 tests... or even his last 15!!

lockyno1

Post Whore
JJ said:
not if you do a fair comparison and look at Clarke's last 2 tests... or even his last 15!!

Agreed. I'd love to know Clarke's average after his last hundred against NZ till when he got dropped!