What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Summer

DJDL

First Grade
Well now that it's all over bar the shouting I have to say what a great summer of cricket it has been.

Seriousy, when was the last time we had such even competition in both tests and one dayers?

Fair enough Zimbabwe were out of their depth but I think they were on a hiding to nothing really. Coming in against a side who has recently won the World Cup, but are going through somewhat of a rebuilding phase.

Throw in India, who were flogged in the World Cup (in front of their home crowd), and came very close to beating us in the tests and are out for revenge in the one dayers, and I think it's no wonder Zimbabwe got flogged.

Having said that, they look to have a pretty promising team for the future.
Ervine, Blignaut, Hondo and a few others all look to have a decent future.
If they can steel up their top order a little they'll go alright.

But the Aussies and Indians slogging it out has been great to watch. I really can't recall the last time I was so transfixed at the tests, I barely dared miss a ball as the whole series seemed like it could swing either way at any moment.

The one dayers have been fairly tight (with Friday's exception) and hopefully it'll be more of the same tomorrow.

Is it just me? Or has cricket become a whole lot more intersting this summer?

DJDL

First Grade
Oops, sorry 'bout that... :oops:

Got to factor in that I've just got back from 2 years in the UK, where the Cricket World Cup recieved very little exposure, on account of the poms having F. All change of winning it :D

I was back in Oz for the final and for some reason thought it was in India.

Rustay

Juniors
Great summer of cricket, with a rather lop sided finish. But yeah, its been one of the best summers of cricket i can remember.

Now i look forward to the Sri Lankan tour and India again etc.

I love cricket :mrgreen: