What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

this weeks jersey

HOT028

Juniors
does anyone know wether this weeks jersey will have the wests tigers logo on it or the balmain tiger, also if it is for sale anywhere?

Palms

Juniors
I think ul find it has the wests tigers logo on the front and then the balmain logo on the sleeves..cant help u with the other question though

Gobbso

Juniors
Balmain strip, with Wests Tigers logo, as well as a Balmain Tigers emblem's on either sleeve, judging by the picture.

Wrighty79

Juniors
I spoke to "marketing" yesterday, and I was told that I'd be recvieving a call on either my home or mobile to let me know if we would be able to purchase them. As of yet, still NOTHING!! God love our office staff. Half-Assed Imbociles!

brooksy19

Bench
westie said:
Isn't it in the contract agreement that the Magpies must stay on the sleeves.
:roll: its a one off jersey..
how would u like a tiger on the western suburbs jesey for round 25..

westie

Bench
brooksy19 said:
westie said:

It's a legally binding contract... Oh and I think you will find there will be a tiger on the rnd 25 jersey.

Wrighty79

Juniors
westie said:
brooksy19 said:
westie said:

It's a legally binding contract... Oh and I think you will find there will be a tiger on the rnd 25 jersey.

Only because we are now the Wests Tigers, that's the only reason why there'll be a Tiger on it. I know you are a small little boy in more ways than one, you are just demonstrating this point further, by wanting a magpie on the sleeve for this our "retro round".

If this club had any brains they'd get rid of the Magpie altogether, as we are now the Wests Tigers, and what does a Magpie have in common with a Tiger??? Nothing. That's what.

Be thankful for what you're given, unless of course you are one of the 7 football club members from the Wests side of things that voted against the merger. :oops: , you have to be over 18 to be a football club member.

brook

First Grade
according to yappy there is NO 'contract agreement' drawn up at all westie

not sure myself but he normally knows about such things

westie

Bench
Wrighty79 said:
westie said:
brooksy19 said:
westie said:

Only because we are now the Wests Tigers, that's the only reason why there'll be a Tiger on it. I know you are a small little boy in more ways than one, you are just demonstrating this point further, by wanting a magpie on the sleeve for this our "retro round".

If this club had any brains they'd get rid of the Magpie altogether, as we are now the Wests Tigers, and what does a Magpie have in common with a Tiger??? Nothing. That's what.

Be thankful for what you're given, unless of course you are one of the 7 football club members from the Wests side of things that voted against the merger. :oops: , you have to be over 18 to be a football club member.

Naturally you'll be quick to back this up with a quote from my good self to prevent yourself looking like a complete dick.

Brook: I was sure it was in the original agreement that the magpie would appear on the sleeves forever? :?

tiger_nick

Bench
Wrighty79 said:
westie said:
brooksy19 said:
westie said:

I don't have a problem with the Magpie, as long as we play @ Leichhardt. I mean the Balmain area has as much to do with the Wests Tigers as the Magpie. Should we abandon Leichhardt I would want the Magpie gone aswell.

Gobbso

Juniors
Westie, that's just being petty. Its a tribute jersey to balmain, let them have their day. We'll have ours in Round 25 son.

To answer your question, it was stated in the Joint-Venture agreement that the Magpie would remain on both sleeves for Wests Tigers entire existence as an entity. Basically it was supposed to be a sort of gentle remeberance for old Magpie fans, to help embrace Wests Tigers as their new club, as the 'Tiger' brand name is superiorly more dominant among the General Rugby League community.

Wrighty79

Juniors
But surely the name Wests is more significant than a Magpie??? If we were called the Western Tigers, I could see a point for the Magpie, but as we are the Wests Tigers, the Magpie has no place on our jerseys.

I didn't hate the Wests Magpies. I never had a run in with their supporters. I like the Campbelltown area. I remember going to watch Wests V Balmain at Lidcombe Oval and Pratten Park. I am happy that we are now ONE club. Surely we must move on and ditch the Magpie. If we were the Balmain Magpies, I wouldn't want a Tiger on the sleeve.

Gobbso

Juniors
Wrighty79 said:
But surely the name Wests is more significant than a Magpie???

See, that's where you and many other supporters are wrong. Like the Tiger, the Magpie stood for so much more and meant so much to the football club and its loyal supporters. Narrow-minded people just think its a stupid bird and nothing else. The Magpie represented Western Suburbs as a whole. It was our 'identity', the same way the Tiger was Balmain's and now the Joint-Venture's identity.

Surely we must move on and ditch the Magpie. If we were the Balmain Magpies, I wouldn't want a Tiger on the sleeve.

If the shoe was on the other foot and it was the Balmain Magpies, i'd see no problem at all with having a Tiger on each sleeve, as it would 'Represent' the other side of the Joint-Venture equally, remembering who they were and to retain support from old Tiger fans. the same way the Magpie plays its part on the sleeve of our club Wests Tigers.

I'm not trying to fuel an argument or start a heated debate i'm just trying to explain how much the Magpie means to fellow Western Suburbs fans who have embraced the Joint-Venture, and how much the Magpie means. I hope you can understand and see clearly why it must remain and deserve's its place on the jersey.

HOT028

Juniors
gobbso, i understand where you are coming from mate, sometimes i think wrighty needs to remember we are a JV, and not balmain tigers anymore.

Wrighty79

Juniors
I know we're a JV, that's the point. I don't think anyone else here recognises that we're a JV. The Brisbane Lions are a JV, do you see a Bear anywhere on their jerseys???