What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This weeks team

Bluebag

Juniors
The Sydney Airport Jets team is:

1Nathan Merritt
2Paul Mellor
3Vince Mellars
4Beau Scott
5Dimitri Pelo
6Russell Aitken
7David Hall ©
8David Thompson
9Kevin Kingston
10James Stosic
11Reece Williams
12Phillip Leuluai
13Daniel Dumas

14Jon Green
15Lafi Manua
16Geoffrey Johnson
17Clifford Manua
18Cameron Ciraldo
(One to be omitted).

Fanny Batter

Juniors
thats a good team but its stacked with sharks fair enuff theyre the feeder team but i thought thered b less sharks but at least theyre fulltime so youll do ok.

Jeffles

Bench
It's a strong side.

Please note that on the NSWRL website our team is listed as "Newtown Cronulla Jets". There needs to be a correction made. I hope that has not been repeated in Big League.

girvie

Staff member
Jeffles said:
It's a strong side.

Please note that on the NSWRL website our team is listed as "Newtown Cronulla Jets". There needs to be a correction made. I hope that has not been repeated in Big League.

It has. Big Leagues phone number is (02) 9346 1500 if you plan on complaining.

ozjet1

Fanny Batter said:
thats a good team but its stacked with sharks fair enuff theyre the feeder team but i thought thered b less sharks but at least theyre fulltime so youll do ok.

wtf, the starting 13 is practically cronulla rezzie's. don't like it.

girvie said:
Jeffles said:
It's a strong side.

It has. Big Leagues phone number is (02) 9346 1500 if you plan on complaining.

Not much point as it's a News Ltd publication... At least they got the Newtown bit at the front right.

Bluebag

Juniors
They all represent Newtown so it is not so much a case of us and them but us as long as we get the 2 points and put on a better display than last year.

Tommy had a chat with all the new guys about being part of Newtown and that was a big plus.

Jeffles

Bench
Bluebag said:
Tommy had a chat with all the new guys about being part of Newtown and that was a big plus.

Is that Tlmmy Bishop. I understand the two of you are close. :lol:

Fanny Batter

Juniors
its still bad 4 newtown that they hav so many loan playas cronulla mustve signed 2 mne playas but the jets won.1 of the only things newtown has is its identitiy but the big league stuff up was silly 4 u guys evry1 on radio and the web r sayin newtown-cronulla and its a hassle tryin 2 tell ppl its not a merger.newtown appeal 2 ppl cos they arent a merger but this looks bad

Wasn't the whole idea of the "joint venture" with Cronulla that Newtown kept it's jersey, name, home ground, identity? Now that they have move a couple of games to the swap and the name in Big League is 'Newtown Cronulla Jets", what's next? Changing the blue to a lighter shade and popping in some black on the jersey?
It's well and good saying that the team will be stronger with the reserve grade players from Cronulla, but if it's at the expense of the identity of the Newtown RLFC then I think the club is making a big mistake. If I wanted to support the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks I would, but I have chosen to support the Newtown Jets RLFC and I oppose the take over of my club by a super league funded "franchise".

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I noticed this also.

The scores after round one lists Newtown Cronulla.

Whilst I have no major dramas as we are now partners, that name either carries through all grades or we have

Cronulla Sutherland Sharks - NRL
Newtown Jets - PL
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks - JF

And leave it at that.

Supporters know the partnership exists.

Brisbane Norths Devils and Melbourne manage this, same with Bronocs and Toowoomba.

I blame St.Marys Penrith.

Thus far this shark is very happy with the partnership.

koslecki

Juniors
its only a name! and when the premier league trophy goes to newtown, where do you think it will be kept, definitely not in the 'empty' cabinet down south!!

RICHO

Juniors
Nah, cos they 'empty cabinet down south' will have a bigger and better trophy to display by then! :lol:

You guys will be happy to know that the team is listed as "Newtown" in this weeks Big League. It's still chockers full of Sharks though!

koslecki said:
its only a name! and when the premier league trophy goes to newtown, where do you think it will be kept, definitely not in the 'empty' cabinet down south!!

What do you mean it's only a name?????

The reason that you support a RL team is because you identify with the team. I support Newtown becuase my team (Balmain) sold their souls to News Ltd for $8 mil and when I wanted to watch RL again I saw Newtown being a club that stays true to it's foundations of being a club that represents the Inner West. Now we are the Newtown Cronulla Jets??? When was this mentioned? Was this the plan all the way along? I don't care if we have 13 blokes from the Cronulla club in the Royal Blue, the fact is that the club should be called "Newtown Jets RLFC" END OF STORY.

You will not hear the end of this....

Newtown Cronulla Jets? My ar$e.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I must agree.

My understanding was it was a partnership not a take over.

The Jets should retain thier indentity and name.

I would however like to see better co-operation in the naming of the squads.
i.e. should be done on the same day.

Early days - many things to be refined no doubt.

Latest posts