What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This week's team

This weeks team is:

Rhys Wesser
Nathan Merrit
Colin Best
Beau Champion
Fetuli Talanoa
Luke Capewell
Chris Sandow
Sam Burgess
David Tyrell
Eddy Pettybourne
Roy Asotasi
Isaac Luke
Jaimen Lowe

interchange is

Craig Stapleton
Shannon McPherson
Dylan Farrell
Michael Crocker

CCJames

Juniors
Not to sure about capewell at 5/8th.. i hope he plays really well though

What do others think?

Big Sam

First Grade
He was virtually the only option since he's the only one who has had some experience at 6 in the last 5 years, albeit at schoolboy level.

I think Mick's really going to fire up for this one.

redandgreenduck

Juniors
This weeks team is:

Rhys Wesser
Nathan Merrit
Colin Best
Beau Champion
Fetuli Talanoa
Luke Capewell
Chris Sandow
Sam Burgess
David Tyrell
Eddy Pettybourne
Roy Asotasi
Isaac Luke
Jaimen Lowe

interchange is

Craig Stapleton
Shannon McPherson
Dylan Farrell
Michael Crocker
Just interested in Clark and Crossman...injured or dropped?

Dogmatix

Juniors
Clark is said to be injured on the Souths website

Crossman, Simpson and Corrigan are all listed in the Norths team so must have been dropped

BranVan3000

Coach
The Stapler had a great game. Much better alternative than Crossman

I'll give Capewell a chance and put my faith behind him. I really can't specifically remember anything good he has done besides drop the ball at critical moments, but 13 tries in the 24 games he's played makes me think he's probably not as bad as I'm remembering

Dave Q

Coach
Not as fast as I would have wanted, but theres a few familiar names back and that helps. Best and Wesser should have big matches.

Crossman has had an interesting and eventful season. He was going good for awhile. Everytime he gets the ball, I hold my breath that he can hold onto it and not do anything too silly!

Last edited:

Achillies

Juniors
I would of given Farrell another start. He showed more in 90 minutes then Best has in 2 years. Even more strange when you consider Best wont be here next year. I am not sure what sort of role Farrell will play off the Bench.

Ttime

Juniors
I would of given Farrell another start. He showed more in 90 minutes then Best has in 2 years. Even more strange when you consider Best wont be here next year. I am not sure what sort of role Farrell will play off the Bench.
Due to his size, Lang is looking to play him as a back up for the back row as well as in the backs themselves.
He came to the club as a five eight so he can also cover in the halves if necessary.

I am pumped to see what the boys can do. I hope they play with the passion and confidence they showed in the second half of last week's game

Robbie 12

Juniors
I dont really rate capewell at all, maybe we should have brought up MUNDINE he has lost all his extra kilos, and his a big frame player like sutton

I dont really rate capewell at all, maybe we should have brought up MUNDINE he has lost all his extra kilos, and his a big frame player like sutton

Oh dear... So 1. you are rating a player who was playing out of position in the entirety of his NRL career, and must not of seen his two NRL games this year coming off the bench showing good defence and giving the team some impact, made a line-break in each game, He is over-due for a run. When utilised properly Capewell is a very very good player. and It wouldn't suprise me if he has a blinder.

and 2. Matt Mundine... Talented yes. But he is an enigma like Sutton and way too erratic at NYC level. He also is left hanging in defence at times, still needs to lose more weight and gain more fitness to even be able to cut the pace of NRL.

Dave Q

Coach
We'd better beat these squirell-gripping scum, cos we are still a chance at finals glory.

Midnight Rabbit

Juniors
Lets hope the storm are down mentally though they do try in front of their fans. Capewell at 6. is a worry i just hope he's been training there but him and chrissy did play in the u20's as a halves pairing so it may be ok. As long as no one goes down injured at training again and we field the named side i think we will go well. Crossman had to go he makes no metres from hitups and is exremely error prone, the stapler made 94 and didn't really have huge gametime plus he's not at peak fitness too.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
a win here is a huge ask. but if we can do it, we only realistically need 1/2 of the remaining games to make the finals

Dave Q

Coach
More often than not, we give these bleak-city dwellers a danger game.

We still boast the shape of a good side, if not the substance.

A lot will depend on whether or not Lang can get the talent to scream home into the finals..... at the mental level...... maintain the rage from last week.

The fresh faces in the side will no doubt be inspired by last week and the astonishing display of courage shown by a much depleted and decimated team. They will want to prove that they can do it too.

In terms of the mission, we have everything to play for, they just want to cruise through unijured before many of them they link up with their new clubs.

Those that are staying for the storm, well Inglis and White are moving on now, this can only be taken as a bad signal about their future. They are very lucky Bellamy is there to hold it alltogether.

I am not being complacent, but I dont think the odds are as bad for us as some may suggest.

I think next year is crucial for the storm. If they can do well on the level playing feild, then some of their smoke and mirrors is real and thats a good thing for all involved.

Latest posts