What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

this years comp ?????

hitamn

Juniors
i love rugby league amnd alway will but i have to admit that this years comp has been less than breath taking.
to be quite honest at times it has been quiet boring.
i didnt watch one game yesterday, maybe it was the lack of atmosphere,maybe the quility of games, maybe its been the ref but somthing must happen now or this years comp is just gonna trod along notr reaching any great heights like last year.
the NRL has alot to answer for
oh and buy the way ive been to around about 12 games this year already so its not like im a critic of the game i just want it to really be the greatest game of all

Meanie

Juniors
I think the NRL is at a somewhat awkward point at the moment where there's no real dominant team or teams. Seems to be somewhat of a rehash of last year actually with teams showing signs of dominance but not being able to produce it consistently. And of course, the Bronco's rising to the top in the process. Hopefully as the year goes on teams are able to string it together more consistently.

Edwahu

Bench
Its started improving the last few weeks. There have been some excellent games.

Palms

Juniors
Yeh the standard has been picking up and I think that the better teams will start to string some wins together in the second half of the season

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
This weekend was engaging.

Only one blowoutish game. Otherwise margins of 7, 4, 2, 10, 5 and 7.

Eddie.

Bench
I think there has been a drop in standard to a certain degree. However lets remember that we get to see all 7 games now. Back in the late 90's no one evr saw how bad games between Hunter and Auckland were or Wests and Souths.

I might be biased but i thought last seasons comp were pretty good. Wooden Spooners finishing on 20 points and the great runs of Parra, Saints the Cows and of course the Tigers.

This season is certainly slow to warm. However there will be some great games in the semi finals, i have no doubts. Especially with teams like the Dogs and Dragons heating up.

Kingytek

Juniors
I believe we are at the end of a chapter and the start of a new one begins next year.
With the Titans there will be alot of player movement and coaches movements not to mention the 16th team being added to the comp should liven things up a bit.

Mr Saab

Referee
Kingytek said:
I believe we are at the end of a chapter and the start of a new one begins next year.
With the Titans there will be alot of player movement and coaches movements not to mention the 16th team being added to the comp should liven things up a bit.

I wouldnt go that far. With the intro of new team/s all it does is water down the playing roster of the NRL.
In hindsight i cant believe they introduced 4 teams at once in 1995!

Kingytek

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
I wouldnt go that far. With the intro of new team/s all it does is water down the playing roster of the NRL.
In hindsight i cant believe they introduced 4 teams at once in 1995!
The 16th team may not be everyones cup of tea but don't you feel that there seems to be more player and coach movement then ever before (not including SL v ARL War)

Lego_Man

First Grade
The 16th team will also ensure that there is more salary cap room overall to keep players in the NRL, rather than go overseas. I believe this will counteract any dilution-of-quality effects in the long term.

griff

Bench
Hard to put your finger on exactly what it is, but this year's comp has been missing something.

I think a little bit of it is that people have finally realised that in a season that stretches on for 26 long weeks before more than half the teams make the semis anyway, individual games just aren't that important.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
The comp has had a little missing because last year was such an emotional rollercoaster.

SOO 1 won in golden point, the Eels and Dragons favourite to pay in the GF and both choke, Tigers win as a JV and then NZ win the tri-nations.

It's called a hangover... plus too I think the players are playing to omany games now.

The season has been a fine standard, compared to 2004 it's been very good. It's just been difficult to live up to last year, but it will engage us by years end.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
IanRitchie said:
This weekend was engaging.

Only one blowoutish game. Otherwise margins of 7, 4, 2, 10, 5 and 7.

not to mention the week b4 that where there were 2 golden point thrillers, an origin won in the final mins with a FG and a comback sustained in Parra V Roosters it was a :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: week of league

Moffo

Referee
no promotion hasn't helped. The NRL has barely spent a dime this year

Perhaps they are making this year sh*t so that the 100 year anniversary next year will look better

Red Bear

Referee
It's been average. The drop - off post 2004 has been quite remarkable. The 02-04 Roosters side, 02-04 Bulldogs side(if leagal) and various Brisbane, manly and streching further back to Canberra would kill the currenttop teams IMO. Hell one top side is a bunch of old blokes and some average youngsters, one is a team somehow going through with an average roster(albeit performing very well) and various others would get maimed i think. The current Dragons side could certainly compete with the more rect great sides, but would also be capable of getting mauled by em, depending which Dragons shows up.

avsterooster

Juniors
no.2_lukeburt said:
not to mention the week b4 that where there were 2 golden point thrillers, an origin won in the final mins with a FG and a comback sustained in Parra V Roosters it was a :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: week of league

completely off the topic

i believe finch was appointed nsw halfback again???

Dragonwest

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
It's been average. The drop - off post 2004 has been quite remarkable. The 02-04 Roosters side, 02-04 Bulldogs side(if leagal) and various Brisbane, manly and streching further back to Canberra would kill the currenttop teams IMO. Hell one top side is a bunch of old blokes and some average youngsters, one is a team somehow going through with an average roster(albeit performing very well) and various others would get maimed i think. The current Dragons side could certainly compete with the more rect great sides, but would also be capable of getting mauled by em, depending which Dragons shows up.

Or depending on which team we manage to get on the park :(

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
avsterooster said:
completely off the topic

i believe finch was appointed nsw halfback again???

HAHAHA, is this about my sig:sarcasm::crazy::crazy::crazy:

and anyway Finch admitted himself he was 4th string

Red Bear

Referee
Dragonwest said:
[/b]

Or depending on which team we manage to get on the park :(
At full strength you wouldbeup there, but even full strength you guyscan hav abaddayevery nown again(itcan get ugly)

wow there were some great games on the weekend some massive hits i disagree im loving the closdeness of the comp i hate it when teams domminate its gets old and boring quick now teams can upset other teams from anywhere

Latest posts