What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tHiS_iS_sTuPiEd (me too)

tHiS_iS_sTuPiEd

Juniors
This is stupid I am going cancel my pre-order and get Rugby 2004 which I have been playing the demo heaps.

I know what people are going say stop being impatient but lets stop and think about it.

First the game is getting released on the 30-10-2003, then 15-11-2003, and now it is going be released on the 12-12-2003. Then let me say one thing I do not believe this game will be released until next season because it would be stupid business wise to release the game in December.

Mario I would release this game until next season and just update the team
rosters. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x

Raider_69

Post Whore
well while you continue with your one man protest, we will be enjoying the greatest game on earth

at least your topic name matches the content ;-)

TripleM

Juniors
I agree, tHiS_iS_sTuPiEd (you and your post that is..)

And anyway, 30/10/2003 was never a release date.

Your loss if you don't buy it. We all will :)

Dover

Juniors
tHiS_iS_sTuPiEd said:
Then let me say one thing I do not believe this game will be released until next season because it would be stupid business wise to release the game in December.

Mario I would release this game until next season and just update the team
rosters. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x

I disagree - whilst it would have been great for them to release the game during the NRL Finals, I think the best time is probably early December.

Based on pre-orders and suggested sales, it's not really going to affect their takings by releasing it post-season.

BUT ALSO

Now they will pick up on Christmas sales. Wives buying it for their husbands as a gift, parents for their children.

I think you'll find that there will be quite a lot of 'bonus' sales due to the timing being before Christmas.

A blessing in disguise for HES and SIDHE. 8)

Raider_69

Post Whore
acually dover after all pre orders have been collected there wont be much left to sell to perents and wifes for chrissy presents 8)

some may be hoping the 2nd shipment comes before december

eastsrule

Bench
Actually, places like KMart, Harvey Norman and Target will have copies available.

So what you said is stupid.

Mario

Juniors
tHiS_iS_sTuPiEd said:
This is stupid I am going cancel my pre-order and get Rugby 2004 which I have been playing the demo heaps.

First the game is getting released on the 30-10-2003, then 15-11-2003, and now it is going be released on the 12-12-2003.

Um, so anyway, Rugby 2004 was supposed to be released in July 2004, then on 5 September, then 11 September, with the PS2 version eventually getting released in late September and the PC version only just released last week (with reports of some stores issuing a recall on the PS2 version).

Whats your point?

Another 'new' user with 1 post. I'm assuming we won't see you again until next week with another original attack just like your last few posts :roll:

Front-Rower

First Grade
heheh if this game was to come out in December how cool would it be to have a cricket game and NRL game to play during the summer. Talk about the festive season :D

Goleel

Juniors
If the cricket game is anything like Cricket 2002, then it'd rather sour the festive season I reckon. Cricket 2002 was a waste of time and money, and I didn't even pay for it.

Cricket 2004 looks no different, another HB Studios classic, lets see them go 3 for 3.

Tadpole

Juniors
...[/quote]
Another 'new' user with 1 post. I'm assuming we won't see you again until next week with another original attack just like your last few posts :roll:[/quote]

:lol: \\:D/ :lol: Go Mario!!!

seem to be alot of them coming along now...i know i just cannot contain my excitement :D whenever it is released i will be playing....the longer it is the more anxious i get..oh i am so excited..i might lie down now :D

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Everyone who remembers when NRL was supposed to be released last year???? I've waited and so has everyone else since then so i'm prepared to wait till 12th december for the game its only about 6-7 weeks away.

TripleM

Juniors
Tadpole said:
Another 'new' user with 1 post. I'm assuming we won't see you again until next week with another original attack just like your last few posts :roll:

:lol: \\:D/ :lol: Go Mario!!!

:lol: Thats what I was thinking.. good on ya Mario!

Tigerpete

Juniors
I dont really see the problem with the game being released post season. Even if the squads are last season, people are still proving they'll buy it so obviously they dont mind. Although i can see the logic in waiting longer for an updated version with 2004 squads, that would make sense, hopefully though their working on this now and a second version shouldnt be as hard as the first one.

Tadpole

Juniors
Tigerpete said:
I dont really see the problem with the game being released post season. Even if the squads are last season, people are still proving they'll buy it so obviously they dont mind. Although i can see the logic in waiting longer for an updated version with 2004 squads, that would make sense, hopefully though their working on this now and a second version shouldnt be as hard as the first one.

I think you hit the nail on the head!!! Lets enjoy this version first and then start hyping up about a second version, obviously there will be things that people beleive can be improved....but hey, its looking damn fine for a first attempt!! :D

Kingytek

Juniors
As much as I love league and cant wait for the game I must admit I've been playing AFL LIVE 2004 and it's pretty damn good. I tried getting into Madden 2004 but it's a bit confusing. But AFL will do until I get my hands on RL

Latest posts