What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thomo and Dykesy...

steveb69

Juniors
thommo is back this round isnt he? got nothing offical to back it up, but talks on this forum was he should be back to play in townsville.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Dykes is still at least 2 weeks away, Thomo will play against the cowgirls.

Thats what I heard anyway.

Bundy

Juniors
Thanks SE...
We're going alright without Thommo. Best he not come back before his time. He's a the kind of player (leader and experienced) that you need fit in the second half of the season.

Macca

Coach
It is the second half of the season now Bundy!

Is that Russian getting to you?

Bundy

Juniors
Macca said:
It is the second half of the season now Bundy!

Ha, Yeah I know Macca. Just don't want him coming back before he is ready and losing him for another 4 weeks or so. If he misses one or two more games now to enable to him to play out the season than I think we're in a better position.

Macca said:
Is that Russian getting to you?

What Russian?:lol:

Macca

Coach
Ha Ha. I know what you meant mate. I agree, get him right before he returns.

Looking forward to having a pure blonde with you on Wednesday. Your shout!

coolumsharkie

Referee
Macca said:
Ha Ha. I know what you meant mate. I agree, get him right before he returns.

Looking forward to having a pure blonde with you on Wednesday. Your shout!

How anyone can drink that sh*te is beyond me! :?

Bundy

Juniors
coolumsharkie said:
Do they still make DA?

That wasn't too bad but I wasn't counting calories back then also.

Working as a Food & Bev Manager in Club a few years ago I was told that DA was discontinued but I believe they have rekindled it on a very small basis. Some bottle shops offer it (mainly boutique ones) but it's not available for on premise consumption (ie, not in pubs and clubs). Wasn't real popular though, when I took over the position we had 4 cartons in the coolroom. I threw all 4 cartons of rusty cans in the bin two and a half years later when I left!
Where I am now, we are doing almost 3 times as much Pure Blonde per week as we are Tooheys Extra Dry!
Doesn't mean you have to like it though. Just offering info.
Might give the Russian something to blow up about!

carcharias

Immortal
Tooheys Extra dry.....canal water.

The sell it at OKI.....It literally leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

coolumsharkie

Referee
They put tooheys extra dry on tap at my local about 3 weeks ago. They have there own special glasses to go with it, some dumb merkins are even drinking it! Goes to show that with good marketing you can sell fuggin anything.

Apologies to T Dry drinkers :)

Yeah Bundy, I never said it was popular but if they did the same marketing that that sh*te Pure Blonde mob did they would probably sell it too !

Who makes it anyway?

Bundy

Juniors
Fosters Group. AKA Carlton United Breweries (CUB). The same people that used to own DA, they also brought out a beer called Carlton L J (Low Joule) about 7 years ago which was supposed to be marketted at the gay community. Didn't take off though, although it is still around in a few outlets too.
Must admit, I do love a good Pure Blonde though...;-)