What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thompson deserves to play for NSW just as much as Fitzgibbon

God-King Dean

Immortal
I don't think media do make a fuss about Thompson, that's part of the reason I made this thread. Agree with you about Young

borat

Bench
Jimbo said:
I'll take Gallen and Nutley over two Lance Thompsons, thats for sure

And thats why you will never make the semis! Just Keep accepting mediocrity sharkies.

borat

Bench
Chippo Raiders said:
This year he has had a fair bit thanks to Lozza, I think he was underrated beforehand but not now

I see, Lozza controls all the media and the world apparently. Shave his head and call him Dr Evil I say.

The Colonel

Immortal
Immortal said:
Greenraider said:
what do you mean about what did daley do?

Thompson captained City before Daley was associated with Dragons, so saying he only got in because of Daley is rubbish

What makes it even more stupid is that Daley played for and has been associtaed with COUNTRY in the past.... :roll:

Jimbo

Immortal
borat said:
And thats why you will never make the semis! Just Keep accepting mediocrity sharkies.

'99, '00, '01, '02

Finished ahead of the Dragons each time too...

oldmancraigy

Coach
Chippo Raiders said:
.....phhf and Canberra have Michael Hodgson who does all Thompson does but makes more tackles....hits harder, makes more hit ups.....hits harder....whats the point

Ummmmmmm

Never let the truth get in the way of a good rant...........

Michael Hodgson - 22.7 tackles a game and 13.7 hitups per game
Lance Thompson - 30.5 tackles a game and 16.4 hitups per game

I'm no fan of Thompson - but you certainly can't say that Hodgson makes more tackles and more hitups......... why not check reality before making wild statements?

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
oldmancraigy said:
Chippo Raiders said:
.....phhf and Canberra have Michael Hodgson who does all Thompson does but makes more tackles....hits harder, makes more hit ups.....hits harder....whats the point

Ummmmmmm

I'm no fan of Thompson - but you certainly can't say that Hodgson makes more tackles and more hitups......... why not check reality before making wild statements?

When you play less its easier for your stats to be higher..... on average how about Lance over 26 rounds + SOO and City/Country, it asks a lot.

JJ

Immortal
Thompson has been very unlucky...

For mine, Hindmarsh is the first picked. Mason is picked because of the extra impact he has.

Then Fitzgibbon, Ryan and Thompson are pretty much equal.

As melon pointed out, the goalkicking is a huge advantage for Fitzgibbon - but Johns should be back next year, so that no longer matters. All 3 would be fine, but you've got to pick the red head, don't you???

Stuart will pick the Roosters players - but Thompson is twice the backrower Timmins is...

borat

Bench
Chippo Raiders said:
oldmancraigy said:
Chippo Raiders said:

Ummmmmmm

When you play less its easier for your stats to be higher..... on average how about Lance over 26 rounds + SOO and City/Country, it asks a lot.

The way you wrap every Canberra player you would think Canberra are on the back of a 10 year premiership dynasty. The truth of course is Hodgson, like the majority of canberra players is nothing better than a good clubman and wouldn't get a start for most teams in the comp.

tiger_nick

Bench
If Lance Thompson plays Origin then 90% of the Dragons team would have played rep football. Makes it kinda pathetic when you look at where they finish every year.

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
tiger_nick said:
If Lance Thompson plays Origin then 90% of the Dragons team would have played rep football. Makes it kinda pathetic when you look at where they finish every year.

Exactly my point..... there must be some real poor excuses of players in the cracks for St George.

And Borat YOU are of the opinion the general public underrate Lance Thompson, don't make the same mistake you hypocrite

borat

Bench
Chippo Raiders said:
tiger_nick said:

Exactly my point..... there must be some real poor excuses of players in the cracks for St George.

And Borat YOU are of the opinion the general public underrate Lance Thompson, don't make the same mistake you hypocrite

How many rep players do Canberra or the Tigers have again? How many are on the Roo tour? How many played state of origin? You can cry all you like, make as many excuses as you like, come with as many conspiracy theories you like, but at the end of the day Canberra and the Wests Tigers are shite because they have shite players. This is why they don't make rep selection. Deal with it. For crying out loud, Michael Hodgson of all people. He is not up to PL standard let alone rep selection. So chippo why don't you and Tiger Nick rechannel your energy into some more Tigers vs raiders threads to decides who gets the 05 wooden spoon eh!