What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thompson Named For Redlands Trial

getsmarty

Immortal
Thompson Named For Redlands Trial

Sun 17th January, 12:00PM A A

St George Illawarra Dragons second-rower Joel Thompson is excited by the opportunity to be involved in the pre-season fixture against Wynnum-Manly Seagulls at Pinklands Oval, Redlands on Saturday, February 6.
The five-time NRL Indigenous All-Star is the second player named for the fixture against the Queensland Intrust Super Cup opposition and will join captain Gareth Widdop who will lead the team.

“I’m excited to lace-up the boots as the pre-season has been tough so far but it’s good to know the first trial arranged by Redland Juniors is around the corner,” said Thompson.
“We have a lot of great Red V Members and supporters up in Queensland who cheer us on and we can’t wait for their support against the Wynnum-Manly Seagulls.
“All the players know that there is still a fair bit of work that still needs to be done between now and the trials so we’re all focusing on every session.”
Tickets for the pre-season fixture, proudly organised by Redlands Juniors, are now available for purchase.
Capacity is limited so fans are encouraged to pre-purchase and get in early to avoid missing out.

Dragons Red V Members as well as local sponsors and fans will have the opportunity to watch the Dragons train and meet the players at a function organised by Redlands Junior Rugby League Club and Wynnum-Manly. Details are as follows:
Dragons Open Training Session
Date:
Friday, February 5
Time: 3:30pm
Venue: Redlands Junior Rugby League Club
Address: Pinklands Sporting Club, 226 Cleveland-Redland Bay Road, Thornlands
Dragons Meet & Greet
Date:
Friday, February 5
Time: 7:30pm-8:30pm
Venue: Wynnum Manly Leagues Club
Address: 92 Wondall Road, Manly West
Dragons v Wynnum-Manly Seagulls
Date:
Saturday, February 6
Time: 7.00pm

The full squads for the pre-season fixtures are yet to be finalised but all players, provided they are fit, will either be competing against the Wynnum-Manly Seagulls at Redlands or taking part in the NRL Auckland Nines as both events are on the same weekend.
Each day the Dragons will reveal an additional member of the travelling squads for either the Wynnum-Manly Seagulls or NRL Auckland Nines team, alternating the teams, via dragons.com.au and our respective social media channels.
Wynnum-Manly Seagulls Squad:
Gareth Widdop (c)
Joel Thompson
NRL Nines Squad:
Jack de Belin

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/01/17/thompson_named_for_r.html

dino2170

Juniors
this is f stupid naming a player every couple of days sttttttuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddddddd

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I actually like it.
Builds suspense and keeps us checking their websites and social media.

There would be no one watching this team naming process more intently than the Wynnum-Manly players.

Could you imagine them everyday checking the links to see who they are playing against?
Little prayers and be like...."Not Masoe, Not Masoe, Not Masoe....OH, FFS...NOT Thompson.
Not packer, Not Packer...please Not packer !"

haha

kit66

Bench
Thompson. Wow yeah, woohoo parteeee, wooo !
Can't wait for tomorrow's announcement, hell yeah !

.......if they're going to treat us like 5 year olds.....

thommo4pm

Coach
There would be no one watching this team naming process more intently than the Wynnum-Manly players.

Could you imagine them everyday checking the links to see who they are playing against?
Little prayers and be like...."Not Masoe, Not Masoe, Not Masoe....OH, FFS...NOT Thompson.
Not packer, Not Packer...please Not packer !"

haha

Agree with that.
They'd be praying Mose and Packer go to Auckland! 😃

getsmarty

Immortal
Creagh Named For Redlands Trial

Tue 19th January, 12:00PM A A

St George Illawarra Dragons captain Ben Creagh is raring to go after being named in the team for the pre-season fixture against Wynnum-Manly Seagulls at Pinklands Oval, Redlands on Saturday, February 6.
The local University of Wollongong junior is keen to test himself in the first competitive trial fixture of the pre-season and knows his teammates share a similar sentiment.

“I can’t wait to get out there and start playing some footy again as it’s been a long pre-season for us which started towards the end of October,” said Creagh.
“We’re all looking forward to getting back out there playing games and the game against Wynnum-Manly Seagulls organised by Redland Juniors will be for some of us the first hit-out of the year.
“It’s always great whenever we get the chance to play in Queensland as there’s Red V Members wherever we play up there.
“The Queensland Supporters’ Club is really great towards us and hopefully we get a few fans attending the trial match at Redlands.”
Tickets for the pre-season fixture, proudly organised by Redlands Juniors, are now available for purchase.
Capacity is limited so fans are encouraged to pre-purchase and get in early to avoid missing out.

Dragons Red V Members as well as local sponsors and fans will have the opportunity to watch the Dragons train and meet the players at a function organised by Redlands Junior Rugby League Club and Wynnum-Manly. Details are as follows:
Dragons Open Training Session
Date: Friday, February 5
Time: 3:30pm
Dragons Meet & Greet
Date:
Friday, February 5
Time: 7:30pm-8:30pm
Venue: Wynnum Manly Leagues Club
Address: 92 Wondall Road, Manly West
Dragons v Wynnum-Manly Seagulls
Date:
Saturday, February 6
Time: 7.00pm

The full squads for the pre-season fixtures are yet to be finalised but all players, provided they are fit, will either be competing against the Wynnum-Manly Seagulls at Redlands or taking part in the NRL Auckland Nines as both events are on the same weekend.
Each day the Dragons will reveal an additional member of the travelling squads for either the Wynnum-Manly Seagulls or NRL Auckland Nines team, alternating the teams, via dragons.com.au and our respective social media channels.
Gareth Widdop (c)
Joel Thompson
Ben Creagh
NRL Nines Squad:
Jack de Belin
Euan Aitken

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/...d_for_tri.html
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=11306336

getsmarty

Immortal
Thompson: Body Feels Right

Tue 19th January, 08:00AM A A

St George Illawarra Dragons second-rower Joel Thompson is excited by the upcoming bloc of pre-season trial fixtures headlined by the annual NRL Al-Stars fixture at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane on Saturday, February 13.
The five-time NRL Indigenous All-Star is keen to test the body in a competitive outing having overcome a niggling hamstring problem which sporadically deterred his game time towards the backend of last season.
The NSW Country Origin representative will get additionally get valuable minutes in the opening pre-season trial against the Wynnum-Manly Seagulls at Pinklands Oval, Redlands on Saturday, February 6.
“I’m looking forward to getting some match fitness and it’ll be a good trial for both Gareth Widdop and myself before we head into respective All-Star camps,” said Thompson.
“Instead of travelling to the NRL Nines the fixture against the Wynnum-Manly Seagulls will help me when travelling into NRL Indigenous camp.
“I am expecting a good competitive hit-out and it’ll be just what I need to shake any cobwebs.
“Being named in the NRL Indigenous All-Stars is a massive honour and this team is special, especially to the Indigenous boys.
“It’s a great concept and a special one for our people too.
“It’s a kind of gathering for everyone and a great week for us all to get out into the community and visit both schools and other organisations.
“Both games will serve to see where the body is at as its feeling really well at the moment.
“I know now that I needed time off with my hamstring as at the time I kept pushing myself a bit too much.
“I’ve been able to learn a lot from that so going forward now I haven’t missed a session this pre-season training and things are going well.
“Hopefully things continue that way between now and that first whistle.”

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/01/19/thompson.html

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Actually, it was something I was going to mention earlier....There are very few players in the training pics that have bandaging around knees etc. A good sign that most are fit and healthy

dino2170

Juniors
yeah if we ant beat wynam manly even with u 18s there is something seriously wrong.

get serious name the two teams in full.

The Nick

Bench
yeah if we ant beat wynam manly even with u 18s there is something seriously wrong.

get serious name the two teams in full.

Either that or it's just a trial match and the result is irrelevant....

But agree on your second point.

possm

Coach
Anyone going to this trial game? I've got my tickets and bill be there with my two sons.

getsmarty

Immortal
Cooper Named For Redlands Trial

Thu 21st January, 12:00PM A A

St George Illawarra Dragons prop Mike Cooper is ready to return to familiar territory after being named for the pre-season fixture against Wynnum-Manly Seagulls at Pinklands Oval, Redlands on Saturday, February 6.
The England international admits he was a spectator the last time he ventured north of the state border to watch his brother compete at Redlands and is keen to follow in his footsteps.

“We are all looking forward to playing whether it be against the Wynnum-Manly Seagulls organised by Redlands Juniors or at the NRL Auckland Nines,” said Cooper.
“Knowing that the first game is just around the corner is something I’m looking forward to and there are selection spots up for grabs to be part of either team.
“For me in particular I am looking forward to it as my brother actually played there for a few months so I am familiar with the area at Redlands.
“It will be good to get a chance to compete in front of a passionate crowd who appreciates their rugby league and I hope to see a few Red V Members cheering us on too.”

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/...d_for_red.html

Gareth Widdop (c)
Joel Thompson
Ben Creagh
Mike Cooper
NRL Nines Squad:
Jack de Belin
Euan Aitken
Kurt Mann
Josh Duganhttp://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/01/21/cooper_named_for_red.html

Last edited: