What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

those crazy beliefs i held in 2001

half

Coach
pj marsh is an excellent player and will guide us to many premierships throughout his career

i can't wait to see daniel irvine play more first grade. the boy's a junior kangaroo so he must have lots of talent. it's not like he'll be one of those hookers who can't pass!

i don't think there will be room for luke burt in our superstar backline consisting of future greats eric grothe jr, pat richards and brett hodgson. there's no way he will be better than them! burt will fade away fast

with hodgson playing so great, it will be a shame to see our great first division player wade mckinnon leave to souths. i'm sure he'll dominate in their promising young team and become rookie of the year

lyon and vaealiki will be the centre pairing all other clubs will envy for the next 10 years

our front row will bruise all others every week. when opposition teams see vella and cayless running up to 'em, they'll cringe. we'll get plenty of metres out of these two great internationals

second row will prove to be our strongest position in our quest for many titles (we'll finally win more than just the sevens tournament), with the hindmarsh brothers firing every week, backed up by andrew ryan, david solomona and a dearth of young talent like danny sullivan. i feel sorry for clubs like the wests tigers who have to rely on shit players like steve crouch

and speaking of crouch, it's great we've finally got rid of that hot head, dallas weston. now that kusto is gone too, we'll never see these painfully crap players in our team again cos we're about winning now

we'll continue to win based on our defense, aka the strongest defense in professional sports. you'll never see a team put 50 on us

even if salary cap restrictions and some poor decisions make our team a little weaker, atleast we'll always be better than penrith

El Diablo

Post Whore
Yup, I was thinking it was going to be like 81,82 and 83 but alas we've gone down faster than $2 hookers.

Not happy, Jan.

bris_eel

Juniors
yeh, I feel your pain mate :cry:

the trouble for me is, that it's twice as bad up here in brisbane, as i have all these bastard bronco supporters giving me shit constantly, since that 2001 grandfinal nightmare.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
You'd think we would still be very dominate........i haven't seen such great sides crumble as badly that quickly!!,

Don't worry boy's & gal's we have signed Moi Moi & Kativerata & Wade Mc Kinnon so we must be heading in the right direction :lol:

Misty Bee

First Grade
And lucky we have that wining coach, Brian Smith, for a few more years........WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! :cry:

slippery eel

Juniors
2001 was a great year, but that side never came close to the Parra sides of the 80's!. The only brilliant player was Hindmarsh and the rest were very good players. As for 81-86 where shall i start?. :D

Ron Jeremy

Coach
slippery eel said:
2001 was a great year, but that side never came close to the Parra sides of the 80's!. The only brilliant player was Hindmarsh and the rest were very good players. As for 81-86 where shall i start?. :D

I think you could also say that Cayless was better then Leabetter,

Brad drew & PJ Marsh better then Micheal Mosley,

Brett Hodgson was better then Paul Taylor

Just to name a few!,

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The thing with 2001 was that every player played beyond their own limits and the winning mental spread across the club. The team now is not all that different, the major change is that now they are all under performing.

slippery eel

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
slippery eel said:

I think you could also say that Cayless was better then Leabetter,

Brad drew & PJ Marsh better then Micheal Mosley,

Brett Hodgson was better then Paul Taylor

Just to name a few!,

that's the 86 team!.

what about Cayless v O'Reily

Drew v Edge

I think you'll find the 2001 eels dont win there.

midas

Juniors
Hodgson better than Paul Taylor.?
Any player in the clear and headed for the tryline would rather be confronted by Hodgson than Squizzy,and that,s a fact.

Freak

Juniors
What about this for a crazy thought!

I thought we would follow the same pattern as the roosters.
Grand Final losers in 2000
6th, 1st team out in 2001
Grand Final Winners in 2002

Oh well perhaps if we played the same rorting cap games as they have, it could have been possible.
Not anymore though!!

slippery eel

Juniors
Freak said:
What about this for a crazy thought!

I thought we would follow the same pattern as the roosters.
Grand Final losers in 2000
6th, 1st team out in 2001
Grand Final Winners in 2002

Oh well perhaps if we played the same rorting cap games as they have, it could have been possible.
Not anymore though!!

I thought 2001 was a sign of great things to come like the eels in the 80's. What a difference a year or two can make.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I though that too. I thought after the GF in 01, and a rebuilding year in 02, we would be touogh enuogh to take it in 03. Our trial form was pretty good too. Then we hit the real deal - round 1 v the Chooks - and we haven't been in the hunt since.

We're not out of this comp yet, people

Don't start going on about how bad things are when we can still win this year's comp. 8)

Hey, Misty, how's it hanging?

Parraren

Bench
Misty Bee said:
I though that too. I thought after the GF in 01, and a rebuilding year in 02, we would be touogh enuogh to take it in 03. Our trial form was pretty good too. Then we hit the real deal - round 1 v the Chooks - and we haven't been in the hunt since.

I remember walking into the SFS a little late for the opening game v the Roosters, but just in time to see Cayless go under the sticks off a superb pass from Adam Dykes. At that moment I thought, "yep, Dykes is back, this is really going to be our year!"....that feeling lasted a whole 3 minutes :lol: :cry:

Latest posts