What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thought I Might Kick It Off

I know we rib each other, I know it all, but tonight, the better team most certainly won. So, congratulations to the fans of St George Illawarra, enjoy your deserved premiership. Whether you call it your first, your sixteenth, who cares, just enjoy the hell out of it.

I gotta say, today I am heartbroken. Possibly an understatement. Memories of 2000, 2003 and 2004 have really hit (a bit harsh to top it all on lol), but I know the feeling you guys are feeling, and I know it will be the first for many of you. The world is at your feet right now.

So all I have to say it lap it up, take it in, you never know when your moment will come again. I am still waiting eight years on.

Also, see you next year.

Ulysseus

Bench
Thanks Non Terminator

The way the Roosters got there suggests that another title should not be too far away for them.

OVP

Coach
Congrats to Saints. Deserving premiers after not only being the best all year, but also were far superior in the match itself. Well done lads/ladies :clap:

RedVee

First Grade
Thanks NT. Good luck next year, I figure you guys will pick one up in the next couple of years.

Minh

First Grade
The mark of a true gentleman is how he handles himself in victory as well as:) defeat, well done and thanks NT.:)

gregstar

Referee
I know we rib each other, I know it all, but tonight, the better team most certainly won. So, congratulations to the fans of St George Illawarra, enjoy your deserved premiership. Whether you call it your first, your sixteenth, who cares, just enjoy the hell out of it.

I gotta say, today I am heartbroken. Possibly an understatement. Memories of 2000, 2003 and 2004 have really hit (a bit harsh to top it all on lol), but I know the feeling you guys are feeling, and I know it will be the first for many of you. The world is at your feet right now.

So all I have to say it lap it up, take it in, you never know when your moment will come again. I am still waiting eight years on.

Also, see you next year.

Congrats to Saints. Deserving premiers after not only being the best all year, but also were far superior in the match itself. Well done lads/ladies :clap:

as sh*tty as it is to lose the biggie, i hope you can bask in what has been a sensational effort by your mob this season.

i hope no dragon fan sullies our victory by rubbing sh*t on the losers. it would be the same as manly fans having a dig at us after david waite's effort with us in '96.

GuardDog

Juniors
saints have been an awesome machine for 2 seasons now congrats all round
from a bulldog patriot

joobminty

Juniors
Congrats St George on a fantastic and well deserved win from a Broncs fan. Your team has been the benchmark for two years now and holds the only legitimate premiership won over that period.

I think Hornby could do no worse than to channel the words of an old St George tragic almost a decade and a half ago ...

'To all of you who have endured the barbs and the insults, and you who have heard your team written off, I want to say, tonight it is a victory we all share; it is not mine alone.
I say from the bottom of my heart how grateful I am for that loyalty because that has given us the victory we have tonight.'

ps - where is the Costigan love on these boards? Playing out of position he has averaged 120 very very tough metres each game over the past month at a time when you've been down to 1/2 a prop. Without him, maybe Saints wouldn't have the silverware or sweet bragging rights for the next 12 months.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Thanks NT - we obviously have chatted through F7s, so I know you're an awesome bloke.

Dunno if the world's at our feet, so to speak .. we are losing three of our most important fowards (Smith, Costo, Saffy), and there are rumours Bennett and Boyd will be packing up and going back to Queensland now that we have the elusive title. I would imagine we will drop back to the pack somewhat in 2011, as well as other teams improving on 2010 like Canberra, Bulldogs, Brisbane, Parramatta, Melbourne etc.

But anyway, I don't care about 2011 now!!!

Bad luck tonight, the Roosters have done an amazing job to get to where they have in less than 12 months, all Roosters fans should be and probably are really proud of their team tonight.

Dragon

Coach

Also, see you next year.

Thx NT. All the best for next year, maybe a rematch is on the cards? ;)

Jason Maher

Immortal
Jolly decent of you NT, and thanks. My memories of 99 teach me just how tough it is to swallow your pride and man up in defeat. Well done, old chap. Very much appreciated.

I'd like to say well done to the fans as well as the club.
Before, during and after the game, I enjoyed good banter with Saints fans and even had a couple of drinks after the game with one of them. It was so different to what I experienced when we met the dogs in 04. Your fans were class last night. Enjoy the off season.