What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts....

Stonecutter

First Grade
Why isn't Covell in the centres and Wright on the wing in attack? Don't give me this Covell is too slow sh*t...in our own 20 we went wide, Covell caught the ball, drew them in and dished it too Wright who ran 30+ metres. That is all he has to do. I'm sick of Covell being put into to space, run 10 metres then crab away as the defence catches up.

I thought Hughes played alright because he actually ran the ball. Caine is still our number 1, and hopefully we give Joudo a go seeing as Hughes is low...low FG standard and old. Seu Seu must have ADD or something. His mistakes are always from lack of concentration. Not overly happy with him to be honest.

Vea might have played solidly the past few weeks. But I think he is hitting the step up too FG wall. Was dominated and pushed back far too often. I would love to see more fresh faces in Verlindon or Viiga get a run with Vea on the bench. See if these guys can handle FG before offering future extensions.

Gallen= legend. The man was obviously playing through pain. His passion on the field is second to none in the NRL.

spider

Coach
covell is too slow

and now his kicking is gettng worse

one would think repect of his last year is the only thing keeping him in the top 17

Stonecutter

First Grade
He doesn't need to run, just draw and pass for Wright. He has shown he can do it, why not let him?

I'm almost certain that having him in the centres when they went wide early was a set play and it worked brilliantly. It's not the first time, he knows how to work overlaps and put Pommeroy into holes earlier in the season. Either switch him with Wright regularly or drop him. Anyother player like Pommeroy i'd say drop him. But Covell does have a football brain and skill, just not the speed. I believe he can still contribute.

Well Cov did play a bit inside, and was pretty Cov like at it, and equally on the wing his catching of the most unpredictable bounce in history, and quick flick inside leading to a try, will go down in Shark history.

Stapleton could learn a lot from the Cov.

Last edited:

Nullajet

Juniors
Bring Orcher up for the wing spot!! Real speed and he would finish those breaks from the long cut outs. We have the young blokes getting experience...bring up the other one to complete the set and give us some prospects of attack over the rest of the season and beyond!

Frenzy.

Immortal
Bring Orcher up for the wing spot!! Real speed and he would finish those breaks from the long cut outs. We have the young blokes getting experience...bring up the other one to complete the set and give us some prospects of attack over the rest of the season and beyond!

Can't catch. Can't tackle. Too small right now. Has no muscle about him.

Orcher a more long term project IMO

roboshark

Coach

Orcher needs to learn how to tackle first

Frenzy.

Immortal
He doesn't need to run, just draw and pass for Wright. He has shown he can do it, why not let him?

I'm almost certain that having him in the centres when they went wide early was a set play and it worked brilliantly. It's not the first time, he knows how to work overlaps and put Pommeroy into holes earlier in the season. Either switch him with Wright regularly or drop him. Anyother player like Pommeroy i'd say drop him. But Covell does have a football brain and skill, just not the speed. I believe he can still contribute.

He still is. Too bad he had to play right side. We missed having him on the left to outleap the ranga. Fergo has no idea how to leap. He needs some 1 on 1 Covwork.

What is really scary is how Stapleton, Ferguson and Wright, despite many rookie errrors, have all done more in a combined total of about 20 matches than that Simmo character has been able to produce in 150 games.

Covell still has a lot to offer. Poor kicking today aside, he reads the game and uses his brain and that's setting good examples / lessons for the young backs.

I like Covell.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Well that'd be genetic.

He's got the Peachey 1 on 1 steal on him, I'll give him that

Anyone see that try he "stole" in the NYC match.

Well then he may never be NRL standard physically. He is not lacking in upper body size especially compared to the other U20 boys.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Well then he may never be NRL standard physically. He is not lacking in upper body size especially compared to the other U20 boys.

Ah ha! Now we see Catch 2 in action. Most of the NYC boys right now are SG Ball players. 16 and 17 year olds.

Ben O is in front of them naturally but he's behind the kids he started with, Stapo and Fergo and he's well behind Wright who has the Poly build.

Orcher also looks to me to have a bit of sway back happening. This by default makes his chest stick out and look big. Check his arms though SC - nothing there and it's probably why he drops off so many tackles.

Good player, I'm not saying he's not but IMO no where near physically ready for NRL.

Ricky Stuart agrees. He told me when he rang me for advice a month ago.

Just before we started winning

Stonecutter

First Grade
Ah ha! Now we see Catch 2 in action. Most of the NYC boys right now are SG Ball players. 16 and 17 year olds.

Ben O is in front of them naturally but he's behind the kids he started with, Stapo and Fergo and he's well behind Wright who has the Poly build.

Orcher also looks to me to have a bit of sway back happening. This by default makes his chest stick out and look big. Check his arms though SC - nothing there and it's probably why he drops off so many tackles.

Good player, I'm not saying he's not but IMO no where near physically ready for NRL.

Ricky Stuart agrees. He told me when he rang me for advice a month ago.

Just before we started winning

:lol: How did that not suprise me?

Anyway not sure when this photo was taken...
Orcher02.jpg

But I don't think he is that much smaller if at all too Fergo and Wright to be honest.

Nullajet

Juniors
His defence is as sound as Wrights as far as I have seen and he has the one thing we desperately still lack ...SPEED...as well as the ability to produce something from nothing...ala the strip try today and the 80 metre effort a few weeks back.

Size??? What a crock. I absolutely hate the size comment people bring up. It isnt an issue if youre good enough and quite frankly he isnt that small. Plenty of smaller blokes running around than him in NRL.

I want my wingers to have speed and finish off the breaks we make..and if they miss a few tackles in the mix...well hey, some of our best still do that!

Inferno

Coach
If we drop Covell who comes in? Simmons? Misi?

No thanks.

Both have been killing it in Reggies. Wouldn't be the worse thing in the world.

All 3 off contract, I suppose it comes down to which if any, we are re-signing..

feeding frenzy

Juniors
His defence is as sound as Wrights as far as I have seen and he has the one thing we desperately still lack ...SPEED...as well as the ability to produce something from nothing...ala the strip try today and the 80 metre effort a few weeks back.

Size??? What a crock. I absolutely hate the size comment people bring up. It isnt an issue if youre good enough and quite frankly he isnt that small. Plenty of smaller blokes running around than him in NRL.

I want my wingers to have speed and finish off the breaks we make..and if they miss a few tackles in the mix...well hey, some of our best still do that!

Mate orcher has plenty more work to do on his defence before you compare him to wright i cant remember seeing wright miss a tackle in the last 2 games , i doubt we will see orcher in FG this year let alone getting a run for reggies.

Nullajet

Juniors
I thought Wright had a few defensive lapses in some of 21s games I watched as well. But like I say....his something from nothing ability and speed...these are things we dont have much of.