What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston charged

Will they suspend Thurston?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beave

Coach
Mussy= champion bloke and a great QLD cup player.

he is not a 7 in a prelim final in the NRL material. Love the guy to death but he is more a lock than a halfback.

CowMan

Juniors
you say payne played half back for the guns befor he played Hooker for Cowboys well......

mussy plays half back for Guns

he would be 178% better then Payne

beave

Coach
yeah and have a look how the guns whimpered out of the finals yet AGAIN this year. Straight sets, boom, gonski's.

beave

Coach
and mussy is no halfback. And to be honest JT isn't a halfback, he is a natural 5/8 but playing 7 in the cows because of neccessity and has now been pigeonholed into being a halfback. I would love to see JT at 5/8 and Prince at 7 for QLD, that is where our future lies... but anyways, back to the cows...... we don't have anyone else at the club who is capable of filling in JT's place, we are going to have to play a real simple game saturday night. JT set up 2 trys yesterday from memory, the Ty williams before half time pass, and the one to Mango, all the other trys were scored by the other lads stepping up to the plate. JT's goal kicking will be missed, but Justin Smith can kick a bit. The real loss will also be in the enthusiasm department, JT just runs constantly, if the boys can feed of each others enthusiasm and give it all they got, I am sure they can still match it with Manly. We still got Payney, we still got Mango, Fauimu, Farrar. These lads can still play, just give them a chance.

Shorty

Staff member
What is your problem with Payne Cowbittoh?
FFS it's a hugely important game and you want to shove a prem league player into the most important position left by the best player in the world?

No Payne plays hooker but it wouldn't be as difficult as Bowen going to 7 or putting a player that hardly any first grade experience in the jumper.

Matty plays a lot of first/second receiver but leave him at the 1 to carry most of the load,I believe Payne can do it and realistically if we want to have any chance of winning this game without Thursty I believe this is what we have to do.

beave

Coach
Billybob said:
put Bowen at half and Dale shearer at fullback

there ya go problem solved

I heard Laurie Spina has some unfinished business in the blue and grey.

jc155776

Coach
I doubt Payne will play half.

Mid way through the year he said he would never be there again regardless of injuries.

Smith to 7.

Charlie124

First Grade
PLEASE dont have
6. J Smith
7. J Smith

id much rather Payne at 7 than the Smiths in the halves, but id give Muspratt another go, i was impressed with him last time he got a run.