What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston charged

Will they suspend Thurston?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turbo

Juniors
He is only being charged because of the commentators, Ie Phil the dill Gould carrying on about it in his commentary. Every time he opens his big trap and says "How bad that was " They will have to have a look at that" it goes to the Juditicary. Thurston pulled out of the tackle and the player hit with his shoulder and got straight up to play but Gould went on about it for 10 minutes, With out Manly in the finals there would be No NSW side going through after this weekend, Storm will put the lights out on Parra, and with Thurston NQ will knock over Manly, but Gould carried on so much that all of NSW went like a wave to seize some way to kill of the Cowboys and get Manly to the final. We all wish Gould would just go to the south Pole or some where as all he does is bring a lot of negative things to Rugby League. No other commentator said anything about the tackle but Gould.

Clock watcher

Juniors
I love JT, but he lifted and then drove. And the guy landed on his head. We need not lose the facts in all the hype
This has nothing to do with the media, Gould or anything else. It happened straight after the cowboys had dropped the ball early in a tackle count, on the attack. You could see the disgust on JT's face. He made an error in judgement in a rash moment. Would he do it again NO, is he remorsefull YES, did he spear tackle an opponent YES

Clock watcher

Juniors
BTW shorty did I say a deliberate spear???
I will answer for you NO
It was non the less a spear tackle,
I am friends with JT and a manly supporter, so this is a tough one
if this is weeks 1 - 25 he would definately get time absolutely no doubt
The importance of this game ads some doubt
But the Judicary has alway said all games includinf finals shall be treated the same in the event of foul play.
Just ask SBW?

Clock watcher

Juniors
Watch the footage again SAAB forget who the tackler is and what state he is from, just look at the end result of the tackle. I have the game on tape if you would like a copy?

Mr Saab

Referee
The Cowboys need to produce footage of the Finch's dangerous throw on Schifcofske in the 2004 8 vs 1 semi.
Finch was let off and free to play.
That one was worst than Thurstons.

Mr Saab

Referee
Clock watcher said:
Watch the footage again SAAB forget who the tackler is and what state he is from, just look at the end result of the tackle. I have the game on tape if you would like a copy?

He did not land on his head.
Koopu put out his arm (like all players usually do) to protect himself on the way down.

I know you are a manly supporter and you want him suspended so you will get a free pass to the GF, but seriously....show some common sense

Clock watcher

Juniors
Sorry Mr Saab I will change it for you - he landed on his forearm first before his head due to the fact that he put his arm up to protect himself from crashing head first into the ground. (and yes i have just watched it again to make sure)

do i want manly to make the gf =- ofcourse
would i like it to happen at the expense of a friend ( JT) - no

I am only suggesting that if the NRL wants any sort of consistancy or credibility this is a spear tackle.
From a fans point of view everyone wants to see the best players play in the best game.
For the manly haters sake like yourself I hope he gets let off, I couldn't handle the pro manly conspirencies that would go around again and again!!!

Clock watcher

Juniors
Good fotage Mortar Jt has lifted, he is driving and other than the players forearms his head is the lowest point and first to hit the ground

Shorty

Staff member
Clock watcher said:
BTW shorty did I say a deliberate spear???
I will answer for you NO
The way you're talking about it like he 'loaded him to the ground'.
JT attempted to pick Koopi up,he couldn't take his weight and he lost control.
That's basically it,but it was a nasty mistake.

mattyg

Bench
Charlie124 said:
Masons was deliberate, Thurstons wasnt (although non-deliberate tackles can still be dangerous). And Koopu has told the cowboys he wont be saying anything, its "for the judicary to decide". Id hardly call that "being a good sport"

difference is, Masons hit WASN'T illegal, and Thurstons has been judged to have been ILLEGAL...suck on that :lol:

CowMan

Juniors
some body show the fricken Front pic or the side pic the back pic makes it look worse then it is

Hari Kari

Juniors
Cowbittoh said:
wow u picked the worst pic there is

ill find the 4 others that dont look as bas

I thought the one in the paper was worse, showed he had good opportunity to just let him back down rather than drive him into the ground.

Mr Saab

Referee
250speartackle.jpg

Shorty

Staff member
To be honest,you can make any tackle look bad.

My argument isn't the actual tackle itself - Agreed that it probably does deserve one week but the fact that there have been many similar,one Manly's own Jamie Lyon got off with,that weren't charged.

Why should JT,because the judiciary were in a bad mood,have to be the sacrifice of the so called 'consistency' that let's face it,won't ever happen?

Latest posts