What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticket Sales for the Four Nations

franklin2323

Immortal
Good turnout. London doesn't have a strong League following. A bit of luck the quality of the games would of got some new fans to the code.

VictoryFC

Bench
user_nat - In short, yes. Although someone was saying that 4N matches aren't included in Club Wembley packages, so they may have been sold normally. But that middle bit where the camera points towards is a members area, and single-handedly manages to ruin every event held at Wembley.

The match should easily be the highest rating sports event on the weekend. Anyone got overnight figures? That said, I still think its a mistake to play it on Saturday afternoon with a full slate of Football League matches running at the same time. Got drowned out in the media and would have taken eyeballs away of the very people who are most likely to be attracted to League.

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
I can see that, and if needs to be a double header to get 40 odd there - so be it.

Did this end up being the largest nNations crowd?

no, 44358 between Australia and Great Britain at Suncorp in 2006 remains the record for the tri/4 nations format

langpark

First Grade
posted on Sunday on rlfans;

"17,500 sold so far so ive been told"

regarding the England vs NZ match. A full KC Stadium would make for a great atmosphere....

yakstorm

First Grade
23,447 at KC Stadium (Capacity 25,404), so a strong crowd for last night's match.

Wales v Australia will be interested. I've noticed you can no longer buy tickets into the Mold Road Stand, indicating based upon past events, that it is now sold out.

8 of the 16 bays on the Yale Stand side also are no longer on sale.

Hopefully they'll get 10K+ there for this match, which will look solid on TV, and provide a good atmosphere.

pcpp

Juniors
23,447 at KC Stadium (Capacity 25,404), so a strong crowd for last night's match.

Wales v Australia will be interested. I've noticed you can no longer buy tickets into the Mold Road Stand, indicating based upon past events, that it is now sold out.

8 of the 16 bays on the Yale Stand side also are no longer on sale.

Hopefully they'll get 10K+ there for this match, which will look solid on TV, and provide a good atmosphere.

That sounds OK, was reading another forum and they were worried that it would that it would struggle to get 3k!

Doubt they will get 10k though, I think the entire stadium capacity is reduced to 10k due to a closed stand.

On a more disappointing front, reading the same forum, it seems like the "Family Stand" at Elland Road could be closed again (like 2009) limiting the capacity to 31k. I'm sure they could sell out 40k tickets to this game like they did in 2004 if its open.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
The Hull crowd was solid but geez didn't it look good on TV.

Had a brilliant atmosphere to it as well.