What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticket sales slow for Penrith?

Simo

First Grade
Apprently (rleague story) whilst tickets are sold out for the dogs-roosters game the Penrith warriors are expectinga max of 30,000. Penrith sales are apprently not happening.

Thats a litttle sad for such a big game which the penrith area has waited for for 10 years. Why would you support a club and not get behind them now???

P.s. Just a little off topic but why is there a news story that say bulldogs 1 game from grand final? Arent all the teams left 1 game away from the grand final!!!

AuckMel

Bench
Penrith have one of the lowest away crowd averages in the NRL.

I'm still expecting a crowd of well over 40,000 at the game. I think we'll see a heap just walk up to the gates simply because of the size of SA.

Moffo

Referee
Didn't someone say that they bought tickets the other day and the PAX was 36,800 or something?

There will be more then 30,000 there, i don't know who wrote that article but its a load of crap

Cheers,
Moffo

ali

Bench
I know if I was going I wouldn't have pre-booked tickets. I'd say heaps will buy on the day. I expect there will be over 50000, probably more than the coresponding fixture last year.

BTW, remember the NRL said they were going to target International fans to attend the 2 games this weekend. eg. rahs rahs who've got here early. Anyone seen any evidence of this?

In-goal

Bench
with the Coma ball world cup just over a week away i think that we ned to portray league in the best light possible, especialy when you consider alot of these people will never have seen Real Rugby.

this from a union 7's site.
Less Rucks, Less Mauls More Rugby

Moffo

Referee
In-goal said:
with the Coma ball world cup just over a week away i think that we ned to portray league in the best light possible, especialy when you consider alot of these people will never have seen Real Rugby.

this from a union 7's site.
Less Rucks, Less Mauls More Rugby

Dont worry mate, there WILL be a big crowd out there tomorrow

Cheers,
Moffo

legend

Coach
You'd have to think the Panthers alone would bring at least 30-35 thousand fans considering the broke their ground record three times this year and with 10-15 thousnad Warriors fans, they shoudl easily pass 50k.

If Penrith don't get 35 thousand of thier own fans then that is a disgrace. They've waited twelve years for another shot at a grand final and they need all their fans to be at the ground. I would also expect 10 thousnad neutral fans to turn up as well.

Crippler

Juniors
37000 seats were sold by thursday arvo when I got mine

I reckon 10000 will rock up at least so they might get 50k

Mark Rudd

Juniors
50,000 would be good.

80,000 would be better.

I wonder what the tv figures will show for the dogs/roosters final? Huge hopefully.

sydraider

First Grade
I bet if there wasnt the 10.000 ticket giveaway, there would be a real worry about the crowds at this point. Id assume a lot of the warriors fans would walk up on the day as well.
Ill be one of the nuetrals at the game.

syphon

Juniors
LePantherJones#7 said:
I, along with 10 friends will be walk-ups
it must be good knowing that you can walk up to the venue of a preliminary final and be guaranteed of getting 11 consecutive seats without pre-purchase.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
syphon said:
LePantherJones#7 said:
I, along with 10 friends will be walk-ups
it must be good knowing that you can walk up to the venue of a preliminary final and be guaranteed of getting 11 consecutive seats without pre-purchase.

Yeah it is good actually.

:roll:

Tosser.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
looked like a 35-40,000 max crowd. Nothing special.

Anyone here the TV ratings for the Dogs / Roosters game? I heard they were pretty big. Why oh why this game wasnt played at Telstra I'll never no. 50-60,000 might have been attainable. Both Finals should be played their.

syphon

Juniors
Mark Rudd said:
looked like a 35-40,000 max crowd. Nothing special.

Anyone here the TV ratings for the Dogs / Roosters game? I heard they were pretty big. Why oh why this game wasnt played at Telstra I'll never no. 50-60,000 might have been attainable. Both Finals should be played their.

you only need to look as far as their most recent home finals matches to figure out that one :roll:

PS: are all of your spelling errors deliberate? i can't fathom how someone can spell so poorly. a pisstake surely.

Mango

Juniors
As legend ( ahero in all our lunchtimes) says the crowd was a disgrace, except there wasn't enough of them. :? :? me too. :twisted: