What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tickets/seating arrangements for Jets finals matches

Hi folks,
Just a couple of quick questions here:

I'll be back in Oz from early on the 23rd of September and would dearly love to see the Bluebags' finals matches (in both PL and JBC) if at all possible.

So - is the club getting any allocation of tickets for these matches?

Also, is there any plan for us like-minded blue oonies to sit together and cheer on the boys?

I didn't even inquire about finals/GF tickets earlier in the year as:
a) I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it back.
b) I didn't want to jinx the club.

At the risk of torpedoing our finals run with my presence, I aim to see as much of the Royal Blue running around as possible before I get shunted back to the Muddling Kingdom.

Xie Xie (that's "thanks" in Chinese) in advance.

Regards,
TDT-1

bluebag43

Juniors
Hello there in China!

I spoke to one of the Director's and he advised that he will pursue the issue and attempt to get the Club to purchase a block of tickets so the supporters are together and can spur the team on.

It certainly was a sensational night last year when the club got tickets for the semi against Saints. (They were freebies however, because the Cowgirls played Melbourne).

If the Club is not in the position to purchase a block of tickets, I will request that they nominate a bay for supporters to congregate and broadcast this info by way of bumpermail etc. I will advise you on this forum if this is the option chosen,

Bluebag

Juniors
The club will not be buying any tickets but it is a good idea to organise a bay for all fans to book.

It is unrealistic for the club to buy tickets and then not be able to sell them. It is a shame there are no out of town games again this year as that was great for the fans.

I wasn't expecting the club to buy them for us - I have some slight idea of the club's economic limitations - but NRL clubs do get an allocation for their season ticket holders - i.e. they get first crack at the tickets via Ticketek. Therefore no requirement for the club concerned to buy the tickets outright.

True, I'm not a Jets season ticket holder nowadays (it wouldn't be much use unless Henson was moved about 5,000 miles closer to Shanghai - hey! That's an idea!), but I know a few folks who are, so therefore we could get a jump on the ticket buying, no?

When will we have an idea of when/where the Jets'll be playing?

Bluebag

Juniors
We do not get an allocation except to cover players and they get 2 plus staff and sponsors.

It is the prelim final so it wont be sold out its just a matter of where fans gather.

bluebag43

Juniors
DT-1,

The Premier League Preliminary Final according to bumpermail will be either 22nd or 23rd September.

I think I've figured this out. Logically, if they wait till after this weekend to decide which day/where the Jets are playing, by then they'll know two things.

1. Whether our JBC team will be in the JBC GF (i.e. if we get past Cabra this weekend).
2. Who we're playing in our semi.

Either one would matter as to which of the two days they put us on.

i.e. If we're in the JBC GF, they could have both of our teams play on the one night. Or, if our PL semi opponent is in the NRL semi, they'll match them up.

It doesn't help that I've paid no attention to the NRL semis (and the possible permutations for the weekend after next), but does that sound plausible to anybody else?

Jeffles

Bench
To those that have not read the match reports - and most of you have.

Buy tickets in bays 122 and 123. Make some noise too!