What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Well that was another training run. The biggest positive again is that we went on with the job and conceded just the one try. We were thin int he forwards and it showed int he first 20 and if Tigers were serious they would have made a game of it by halftime.

Our 2nd half was phenomenal and complete dominance up front with some superb tried as well.

I really like Collins starting with JWH on the bench, it seems to have given both guys a new lease on life.

I don't know if young Lam is long for the starting side as he just really doesn't add much. Keary ripped them to shreds and Lam just did his best to keep up. Against the better sides we are going to need more options when Keary is shut down. I wouldn't necessarily do it against Souths but I see no harm in giving Walker his chance soon and shifting Lam to the utility role where he excels.

3 Keary
2 Teddy
1 B-Moz

I couldn't argue with points going to Collins, JWH, SST and Sitilli as well.

Shit gets real now with souths coming up this week. The best thing is we are now in the exact opposite position as this time last year with a record of 2-0 and a very handy F/A. It means we don't have to chase the comp and can have those 1-2 down periods throughout the season and still give the top 4 a crack.

Headless Chook

Juniors
To be fair, aside from the first 15 minutes or so the Tigers offered zero and were nothing short of a disorganised rabble. I would have been concerned if we hadn’t racked up a cricket score.

Our first big test comes next Friday night.

3. Keary
2. Ted
1. Collins

My feet are firmly on the ground as our first real test is on Fridee. I know we weren’t at full strength but there were times very early in the game where the Tigers were winning the arm wrestle only for poor kicking from Brooks dulling their momentum.

As @Valheru already mentioned, not sure how effective Lam will be if Keary is neutralised by the opposition. I’m sure Bennett has taken notes.

JWH had another great game plus it was penalty free if memory serves and Sitilli continues to impress.
Score could’ve been more if Toops didn’t have a rare off day catching balls.
Collins had a blinder and couldn’t leave him out of the points.

3. Keary
2. Teddy
1. Collins

Happy rugby league

Tommy Smith

Referee
3. Keary
2. Teddy
1. Collins

Keary & Teddy are the most lethal combo in the comp by far. And Big Lindsay is just so impressive and I had to give him a point.

For those that did not see it, the actual votes were as follows:

3. B. Morris
2. J. Tedesco
1. D. Laurie

The thought that Luke did not receive anything was naive at best and absolutely ridiculous and stupid at worst. In fact, if you didn't know any better, you would question the ability of some of these so called judges to understand or interpret the game being played in front of them. It is embarrassing to be honest. Hopefully Luke is motivated come this Friday night against the Rabble.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/21/round-2-snapshot-rain-cant-dampen-nrl-parade/

3. B. Morris
2. J. Tedesco
1. D. Laurie

The thought that Luke did not receive anything was naive at best and absolutely ridiculous and stupid at worst. In fact, if you didn't know any better, you would question the ability of some of these so called judges to understand or interpret the game being played in front of them. It is embarrassing to be honest. Hopefully Luke is motivated come this Friday night against the Rabble.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/21/round-2-snapshot-rain-cant-dampen-nrl-parade/

He always has a go v Rabbits. I worry about his concussion though. Should be a great match.

I wonder if he’s spoken to Rusty since he got into trouble. It was a blessing in disguise for him.

3. B. Morris
2. J. Tedesco
1. D. Laurie

The Dally M judge for the match was Sam Thaiday. That should say a lot :oops:

He always has a go v Rabbits. I worry about his concussion though. Should be a great match.

I wonder if he’s spoken to Rusty since he got into trouble. It was a blessing in disguise for him.
True, on all three counts.

I doubt it somehow! Gee Rusty did us a big favour. It must be eating away at him to see Luke doing so well with us. Thank you very much sir.

Latest posts