What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Halves

Tiger05

First Grade
They've mostly been smart ones though. Hastings will be the best of them though, especially now that he has his screwed on better than the last time he was in the NRL. Good control around the ruck and links well with his forwards which is handy.

If Hastings is strong and Doeuihi remains on his trajectory, Luke Brooks will be granted a release, if Brooks requests it. Tigers aren't actively shopping him around though.

Just taking this post from Madunits thread.

My expectation is exactly the same as this. I think Brooks is under a lot of pressure. I also think Hastings and Doueihi will perform.

What is everyone else's thoughts ?

innsaneink

Referee
Gotta get rid of last year's *bludging give up" attitude before anything positive can happen... I wonder if Brooks will.get the shits if Hastings starts calling all the shots

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Hopefully Hastings can bring a decent short kicking game. We would have to be one of the worst teams in the comp for giving up 7 tackle restarts. I can't imagine how deflating it must be for the team (especially the forwards) to finally be putting pressure on the opposition only to have Brooks kick it dead, put up a shit chip or take the wrong pass option & hand possession back without so much as a whimper.

I'm not going to blame Brooks solely for that as his natural game is to run not organisation. The last couple of years it's looked like he's had the weight of the world on his shoulders. Hastings coming into the team "should" be exactly what he needs. Though if he can't find some decent form next to Hastings (who you would imagine will take a lot of responsibility for the organisation of the team), then yeah it's probably best for both team & player if he moves on. It's going to be an interesting first 12 rounds.

We also have a lot riding on the shoulders of a player who's been shipped off from 2 clubs & spent the past few years in England. That said, he's definitely been saying the right things in interviews & his attitude in pre season sounds like it has impressed everyone at the club. Again, it's going to be an interesting first 12 rounds.

gordsy

Juniors
The quote from Offa is Interesting, so either he believes Hastings should be dropped or Brooks should
When players don't agree with the halves pairing I think that says something. Someone has to go.
Not sure I see the merit of AD playing in reggies if he won't be picked in the haves so I think that part of the story is bullshit.

gordsy

Juniors
If AD is our best player why would you shackle him in the centres when the two halves selected have been ordinary for a long period now.
The only thing I can think of is we think we can keep AD and we know Brooks will walk so play Brooks now so we pay another team less. . Maybe Redcliffe will take him.

Last edited:

Phil Gould

Juniors
What has to happen for the club to make the most obvious halves selection in rugby league at the moment? What’s going on over there?
Bottom of the ladder, nothing to lose, 3 competing for 2 spots. Mix it up and see what happens.

Last edited:

Phil Gould

Juniors
Surely this is just a last roll of the dice for whether we can get some value out of Brooks? If the Hastings at 13 experiment fails I imagine we will see Doeuihi/Hastings as our 6/7 moving forward
Does anyone know why they moved Hastings rather than Brooks to accommodate Doueihi? Why not Brooks to hooker?

stryker

First Grade
Can’t move Brooks to hooker, his service is shit, he misses tackles and he doesn’t engage the markers.
Should have straight swapped he and Doueihi. Brooks could make it as a centre if he had a go.

Phil Gould

Juniors

Tigers want me as long-term half: Doueihi​

Ok, that’s a good article, I get what they’re trying to do now. Only thing is, it seems more like just some way to keep Brooks on the field and everyone happy rather than filling a need for a ball playing forward. I hope they see enough flexibility on field through the spine now to put some more muscle on the bench, Hastings isn’t going to tackle or run like Offa as lock.

Phil Gould

Juniors
Hope the rumors aren’t true, putting him in 13 though? I get what they claim they want him to do, I had no idea before reading that article, but he just doesn’t have the build or defensive skill set for lock imo. Maybe Hastings is the just the most agreeable, of the 3 that want to play in the halves, so he copped the bullet to keep AD and Brooks happy? I think he’ll get beat up on this week.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
A agree with the junior for life sentiment is stupid and the 2 players that are being treated this way, are our 2 biggest problems, they know that they can't be moved or demoted?

IMO, they either want Brooks to stay or they don't?

If they want him to stay, they should make a statement to say that, so the other players know what's going on? Otherwise f**k him off.

Show some f**king balls, you should use the rest of the season to work on combinations.

TBH, Brooks going would be good for everyone involved with the club?

Tiger05

First Grade
are our 2 biggest problems, they know that they can't be moved or demoted?

Nofo has been good. Brooks is Brooks. He comes up with poor options at critical times.

The thing with Brooks is that I saw Nathan Cleary show absolutely no creativity and take poor option after poor option in SOO. Not really excusing Brooks poor plays because you can't but the quality of halves in the comp is really poor.

Latest posts