What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

It’s ok and thanks Pezz70:thumbsup:
Maybe Tiger Ted can tell me why they got rid of Marshall, not once but twice and if he hindered Brooks at all.......I think he did

As to Adam Doueihi, I think he’s a back rower or lock and would be a good one

He did have about 30 games with Reynolds and wasn’t much chop. They were happy to let him go, weren’t they?

I don’t know if they were happy to let him go more than we were offering him a grand motza.

I’ve promised the panel he will play Origin within the next two possibly three years.

I stand by that prediction. We should be tying him down for as long as possible.

Wonderful young player. Even comrade @stryker has stopped questioning his ability. He’s more pro- doogie than me these days.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
It’s ok and thanks Pezz70:thumbsup:
Maybe Tiger Ted can tell me why they got rid of Marshall, not once but twice and if he hindered Brooks at all.......I think he did

As to Adam Doueihi, I think he’s a back rower or lock and would be a good one
When marshall left us for the 1st time @ end of ‘13 his form had been appalling.He was overweight unfit & his game management was attrocious & littered with brain explosions.Hence he had to go & there was the lure of playing rugby in NZ & obviously the financial inducement.
When marshall returned for his 2nd stint in ‘18 hed matured as a footballer & hence in the ensuing 3 seasons he displayed an improvement in game management having benefited from his time being coached & mentored by Wayne Bennett at the broncos.When he left @ end of ‘20 hed had a massive falling out with Maguire & Maguire in not re-signing Benji did have enormous faith in brooks who he had gifted a 2 yr extension to contract in early last season.
Brooks had 4 full seasons in 1st grade b4 Benji returned in ‘18 & IMO his game wasn’t affected or hindered by Benji.If anything ud have expected Benji to have been a positive influence on brooks.
Re ur view of AD being more suitable to
the back row the fact is his entire career thus far encompassing juniors/seniors has been in backs & in the Balmain juniors he was a gun 5/8.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He did have about 30 games with Reynolds and wasn’t much chop. They were happy to let him go, weren’t they?
AD didn’t have 30 games with Reynolds assuming u mean he played outside of Reynolds.In his 1st season at Souths the majority of his 15 games were at fullback.In his 2nd season he was mainly used as a utility who predominantly came off the bench although he started a no. of games at centre & a few games at halfback when Reynolds was injured.
To say he wasn’t much chop is ridiculous.AD was very good at Souths & gave them enormous value performing admirably in a no.of positions.Souths certainly weren’t happy to let him go.Have a look at Adam’s fabulous performance as the best player in
a losing team v raiders in prelim final
in ‘19.Even though they could’ve squeezed him in under the cap theyd just signed the brilliant LM & had Cody at 5/8 so it was in AD’s best interest to get a gig at a club where he were more likely to get a starting spot.

Tiger Ted

Bench
AD didn’t have 30 games with Reynolds assuming u mean he played outside of Reynolds.In his 1st season at Souths the majority of his 15 games were at fullback.In his 2nd season he was mainly used as a utility who predominantly came off the bench although he started a no. of games at centre & a few games at halfback when Reynolds was injured.
To say he wasn’t much chop is ridiculous.AD was very good at Souths & gave them enormous value performing admirably in a no.of positions.Souths certainly weren’t happy to let him go.Have a look at Adam’s fabulous performance as the best player in
a losing team v raiders in prelim final
in ‘19.Even though they could’ve squeezed him in under the cap theyd just signed the brilliant LM & had Cody at 5/8 so it was in AD’s best interest to get a gig at a club where he were more likely to get a starting spot.

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
AD should have stayed at a club who would have provided him with play off football and a very good education.

Personally, I think he was short sighted, greedy and silly to leave the bunnies But time will tell I guess. I’ve been wrong before

stryker

First Grade
I don’t know if they were happy to let him go more than we were offering him a grand motza.

I’ve promised the panel he will play Origin within the next two possibly three years.

I stand by that prediction. We should be tying him down for as long as possible.

Wonderful young player. Even comrade @stryker has stopped questioning his ability. He’s more pro- doogie than me these days.
If he has a poor game tomorrow I’d suggest he moves to reggies with Joe

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
What is annoying is the excessive criticism AD has been subjected to from some fans coz he didn’t set the world on fire when playing out of position at fullback last season.He might not have the speed for fullback but the kid certainly has the skill set & the league smarts to be a quality 5/8 for us.I suggest that fans give him a season in his natural position 5/8 b4 casting judgement.I anticipate that they will be pleasantly surprised.

Nah, you’re right, I was wrong he’s having a ripper of a game

Tiger05

First Grade
I don’t stand corrected.

Brooksy was good though. So were some others. We were right in that game.

AD is still the guy most likely to create something. He still did some good stuff out there. It's his first season at this level playing in the halves. You gotta give it some time.

I reckon our halves are better this year compared to last year.

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
Brooksy was good though. So were some others. We were right in that game.

I reckon our halves are better this year compared to last year.

I thought he was as well but not many others were.

Liddle was pretty good again and I think Mbye added some much needed spark when the attack was looking pedestrian

The better teams don’t have slow cumbersome 5/8s

Tiger05

First Grade
Douiehi is a gun. That was a crap game for him. He put up some killer bombs and he scored a try himself. We need to put that game into the right perspective in relation to him playing that position now 3 times starting this season.

Liddle was decent but I think we need another option there. Mbye can do the job but I think his service is worse than Liddles. Mbye did help open us up a little when he came on and played I think a roaming lock type role.

Brooksy though was really really good. His game management was fantastic, his defense was great plus he did a lot right in attack. He has now been good the past couple of weeks plus he wasn't that bad in previous weeks. He put in two dud kicks in one game that he was crucified for but it was execution that was wrong and not taking the wrong option. I think he may be turning the corner.

I thought our forwards were also pretty good. Garner has been great defensively but he needs to add something in attack. Luc is the guy who can spark us. Laurie was good. There were a lot of positives.

The coaching staff though need to get them firing. The question is how are we tracking in another 10 games.

The “Assistant Madge” is the best option atm.

I hope to see more of Zoe Palmer the lu burner account.

Whoever it is, obviously more popular that the real lifer.

@Zoe Palmer can you give us the latest on the alleged fracas in the change room after the match?!

Last edited:

Latest posts