What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
Slow down speed racer. :p

I reckon he might get 5 or so if injury hits....might get lucky and play much more if he impresses early on in the NYC.

He's still only 17 or so.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
Doubt Sheens would blood him before round 15....

I would put him on the bench at round 10. He is a genuine freak, big guy, with pace.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
WT website have cut Wayde Dunley, Rocky Trimarchi and Corey Payne from the squad roster but left Danny Galea. Maybe there is hope Galea may be offered a contract extension and retained.

roboshark

Coach
Some comments around that sharks might be signing your u20s fullback

Anyone heard this here?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Mullaney is contracted for next season and will be part of the Wests Tigers full time squad next year

Fruit Picker- I've heard that Mullaney is very much under the microscope for an offer too good to refuse from elsewhere (I've heard Rooseters and/or Sharks). I suppose it depends on whether WT want to let him go and how much Mullaney wants to test their resolve. Unfortunately a contract these days is not much safety from head hunters.

nomarg

Fruit Picker- I've heard that Mullaney is very much under the microscope for an offer too good to refuse from elsewhere (I've heard Rooseters and/or Sharks). I suppose it depends on whether WT want to let him go and how much Mullaney wants to test their resolve. Unfortunately a contract these days is not much safety from head hunters.

bullsh*t!

If his ours for next year he is ours!

He can try and sign somewhere else but it won't be within the NRL unless weststigers agree to it. Tim wont let him go without a major trade off. As fullback is an issue for us I don't see it happening....

Also the WT website is crap. They are probably going to relaunch it again...I remeber I wrote them an email about it some time ago, and they got very shirty with me...they were doing there best with limited resources......PLEASE!!!

samshark

Juniors
Mullaney is contracted for next season and will be part of the Wests Tigers full time squad next year

You sure about that?? Doesnt seem to be mentioned anywhere

TOUGH CALL LEADS TO VIDEO REF QUESTIONS

Sunday, 4 October 2009
Wests Tigers Toyota Cup Coach Grant Jones says it may be time for the video referee system to be used in Grand Finals.
Speaking at the post match press conference following the 24-22 loss to the Melbourne Storm, Jones didn’t mix his words when reporters asked his thoughts on whether full-back Gareth Widdop had scored in the 74th minute to level at 22-22 all.Widdop then converted his own try to give the Storm the lead, and in the end, the premiership.
Widdop followed through a grubber kick to score with the try being awarded by the referee. A replay showed that Widdop had not grounded the ball clearly with his hand.
“I didn’t get a real good look at that forcing of the ball down but the people around me had a few raised eyebrows when the referee awarded the try given they had an in-goal judge as well,’’ Jones said.
When asked whether he would have liked to seen a video referee ruling on it, Jones was straight to the point.
“They (the two officials) are five metres away from it. You don’t need a video referee for that. Well, if it means the difference between winning a premiership and losing one, the answer then is yes.
“From what I’m hearing, as at the time I was looking at something else and didn’t have a good look, there is a consensus that that might not have been a try.”
Wests Tigers Captain Darren Nicholls shared a similar view.
“A few of the boys who were around the ball said it was a knock-on and when we saw the replays, it was a bit disheartening,’ Nicholls said.
“You are going to get calls that can go against you in every game of footy. I thought he touched it and knocked it on.”
Nicholls said the side dug deep to come back from an 18-10 half-time deficit midway through the second half.
“All year we have been a good second half side but credit to Melbourne, they held us out and we didn’t play as smart as we could. We couldn’t finish it off,’’ Nicholls said.
Jones was questioned as to how far full-back Jake Mullaney was away from the NRL after another influential game. His two tries saw him take his tally to 29 tries in 27 matches.
“When’s round one,’’ Jones said, bluntly.
“Jake has scored 21 tries in his last 10 games and over 300 points. He has just grown in confidence at the back end of the season.
“The way he catches high balls meant he was a little bit dusty at the beginning of the year but he has plenty of confidence now in catching high balls, his defence is better and his attack is outstanding.”
Although beaten, Wests Tigers should again be in for a big 2010 as a large majority of the squad will return next season under Jones. Andrew Fifita, Robert Lui, Aaron Woods, Jason Schirnack and Simon Dwyer are in the Wests Tigers NRL squad.
“We are also hoping four or five of the players will be doing part time training with the NRL squad as well. Tim Sheens is pretty excited about their prospects,’’ Jones said.
“We are very proud of the season the boys have had. Even in the game today, they showed plenty of courage and resolve to get back midway through the second half. They have been like that all year. If they had a setback, they always bounced back the following week.
“It is a credit to them.’’

http://www.weststigers.com.au/defau...20625&tough-call-leads-to-video-ref-questions

samshark

Juniors
bullsh*t!

If his ours for next year he is ours!

He can try and sign somewhere else but it won't be within the NRL unless weststigers agree to it. Tim wont let him go without a major trade off. As fullback is an issue for us I don't see it happening....

Also the WT website is crap. They are probably going to relaunch it again...I remeber I wrote them an email about it some time ago, and they got very shirty with me...they were doing there best with limited resources......PLEASE!!!

Dont you guys want Lote as your number 1 next year.

You sure about that?? Doesnt seem to be mentioned anywhere

Andrew Fifita, Robert Lui, Aaron Woods, Jason Schirnack and Simon Dwyer are in the Wests Tigers NRL squad.

Was on the SMH website on Sunday evening (article written by Glenn Jackson focusing on the two fullbacks, Mullaney and Widdop), there is also mention on the Wests Tigers website that he is with the WT NYC side for 2010. Being part of the fulltime squad just means that he will train on occasions with the NRL squad, it familiarises him with the NRL squad should he get a call up during the season, the players mentioned in that article are in the NRL squad.