What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Players: "F*cking"

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i seriously dont understand the problem with swaering, im just happ heighington didnt dak himself in celebration

Misanthrope

Staff member
If anyone complains and expects something to be done about it, they need to live out in the real world. It's live, unscripted television. People are bound to say things in the heat of the moment. Were people complaining after the AFL grand final?

Slappy

Juniors
Mates, it is australian content which they need a certain percentage of!
I heard the c word on sex in the city, when i acidentally clicked on it!
A f**k here and there on rugby league coverage is no drama!

All those prudes can go lick some taint!!!!!

El Diablo

Post Whore
parra_panther said:
Yeah, after 9pm, they'll be sweet.

it actually depends on what time the prog starts. because it's live they can't do much about it but normally if a show starts at 7pm it wouldn't be OK.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Slappy said:
Mates, it is australian content which they need a certain percentage of!
I heard the c word on sex in the city, when i acidentally clicked on it!
A f**k here and there on rugby league coverage is no drama!

All those prudes can go lick some taint!!!!!

Srx in the City started at 9:30pm and the c word was only allowed in because it was relevant to the story line.

NBN actually edited the c word out of that episode when they didn't have to.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
El Diablo said:
Srx in the City started at 9:30pm and the c word was only allowed in because it was relevant to the story line.

NBN actually edited the c word out of that episode when they didn't have to.

F*ck was relevant to the storyline tonight, because the Tigers players were f*cking happy.

Misty Bee

First Grade
El Duques on to something here. I had no personal problem - left me and the misses in fits of laughter. BUt if my kids were watching - different story. I notice the more media experienced players - Prince, Skandalis, O'Neill, Marshall, Hodgeson - all spoke well. The euphoria didn't make them do it.

I bloody loved it.

You know, these guys slogged their guts out all year, they wroked so hard, they achieve something so brilliant and if someone is going to stick a microphone in their face in such a moment they had better be ready for what they hear.

I would take a young bloke saying "This is the day day of my ****ing life" over "Credit to all the boys" and other crap you hear all the time.

They showed passion, they showed how much it meant to them.....I loved it!

And by the way, if people think it would have corrupted kids should go and have a look at the Playstation games their kids have, the music they listen to and the movies they watch.

I dont think hearing Togers players use the F-Bomb is going to shatter anyones childhood!

Glen

Bench
I've watched plenty of grand finals and I don't recall many f-bombs being dropped in the post-match interviews before. Not that I care, I found it hilarious, it was just a little strange. It was pretty funny watching Matty Johns and Channel 9 squirming too

Hari Kari

Juniors
when heighnington did it it stumped me, then galea started as well and I thought maybe they've formed some pact and they're all gonna drop the f word in the interview.

was pretty unexpected but hardly offensive.

Balmain_Boy

Go the Rhino. Swear it up buddy. I saw him tonight at the leagues and I go "meate,d id you realise you swore right on national tv?"

Rhino just goes "f**k, really?". Go the RHINO!

Brutus

Referee
I've just been watching Sunrise on Channel 7 and they've already been bagging the Tigers for swearing seemingly adnausem after the game. Apparently a lot of their viewers have been ringing and emailing in complaints. I personally don't mind it, but you gotta think of the bigger picture with kids ect. You can excuse the odd slip of the tongue but Chris Heighington was out of control. He did the same on ABC radio as well.

thuganomics said:
It's live T.V, the emotion of the players got the better of them.

No biggy

Well, every grand final winning team is emotional, but I haven't heard any others swearing like that.

It's no big deal, but I do think it was pretty poor. Frankly, I'm very tired of hearing the F word. It pervades almost every sentence people utter these days. It's just plain laziness.

Latest posts