What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigpies Team

RedVDave

First Grade
Don't know why they are complaining about injuries and what not it's a pretty good side.

hardbaby

Coach
Both centres are playing busted (we should attack there) and their fullback Moltzen is injured. Gibbs is touch and go but should play. Cayless and Tuiaki have been out all season so they have a fair number of injuries. But I agree, it is a good side. Very surprised Andrew Fifita has been dropped - he has had an awesome year. Having said that, there are huge wraps on Murdoch-Masila, his replacement.

Torro

Juniors
Both centres are playing busted (we should attack there) and their fullback Moltzen is injured. Gibbs is touch and go but should play. Cayless and Tuiaki have been out all season so they have a fair number of injuries. But I agree, it is a good side. Very surprised Andrew Fifita has been dropped - he has had an awesome year. Having said that, there are huge wraps on Murdoch-Masila, his replacement.

Ayshford is playing fantastic football, don't know why you think he's playing busted. Lawrence will gain a lot of confidence from last week's game. It wasn't his jaw problem, was more a miscommunication considering he has been out for some time. (as quoted by Chris).

I think we done exceptionally well, given Moltzen and Tuiaki are one of our top players in the club. Its essentially like removing Hornby and Morris in terms of importance/impact.

Dragons have a solid and healthy squad. Full credit to their luck in keeping relatively injury-free.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Ayshford is playing fantastic football, don't know why you think he's playing busted. Lawrence will gain a lot of confidence from last week's game. It wasn't his jaw problem, was more a miscommunication considering he has been out for some time. (as quoted by Chris).

I think we done exceptionally well, given Moltzen and Tuiaki are one of our top players in the club. Its essentially like removing Hornby and Morris in terms of importance/impact.

Dragons have a solid and healthy squad. Full credit to their luck in keeping relatively injury-free.

I think that the Ayshford remark related to the purported glandular fever of last week
He should really rug up for the game though as he’s likely to get a cold from the constant drafts when Morris goes by as Beau Ryan looks on in amazement

Jeremy Hickmans has a lot more to do with the Dragons fitness and readiness than luck

macnaz

Staff member
Fifita is named on the extended bench, im sure he wont be dropped.

MattYg1

Bench

Your havin a right old laugh if you think its just luck champ...

Torro

Juniors
Ok don't get too riled up folks. Luck does play a part, but yes, I did omit to crediting their strength/conditioning program, which played a significant part of where the squad is right now.

RedVDave

First Grade
TODD Payten was inconsolable last night after suffering a suspected broken ankle in a training mishap that's forced him out of Saturday night's grand final qualifier against the Dragons.
Payten rolled his ankle during a sprint drill and there was speculation the culprit may have been a stray tennis ball.

Teammates feared the worst after hearing a crack when Payten collapsed. Unable to walk, he was taken straight from Concord Oval and rushed to a nearby medical centre for scans.

Tigers doctor Donald Kuah was reviewing the X-rays late last night, but Payten is certain to miss the ANZ Stadium blockbuster and is at long-odds to play again this season should the Tigers progress without him.

"We were doing 20m shuttle runs in groups and Toddy just went down like he'd been hit by a sniper," one Tigers player said.

"We all looked around and he was lying in agony.

"They [the training staff] had to help him off the field.

"It doesn't look good and the boys were all shattered for Toddy.

"But what we can we do? We have to get on with it and beat the Dragons."

Payten's absence, however, is the last thing the Tigers need in their quest to upset the premiership favourites before an expected 70,000-plus crowd at Olympic Park.

Star players Bryce Gibbs (foot), Robbie Farah (calf) and Gareth Ellis (back) have all been rested so far this week, while half Robert Lui (hip) has also joined his wounded teammates in the hyperbaric chamber.

Fox Sports stats clearly show how important Payten is to the Tigers: The club has won 14 of 19 games in which he has lined up this season, yet only one of the five that he has missed.

Coach Tim Sheens is expected to summon veteran prop John Skandalis into his squad, with rookie benchman Andrew Fifita now a realistic chance to start.

The injury caps an emotional roller-coaster ride for Payten, who has also been sweating on the birth of his second child this week.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n-out-for-season/story-e6frexnr-1225928029230

Cagey Mac

Bench
Statistically Payten is in the middle of Tigers performers though according to SMH, their Win:Loss stats with him playing are positive and negative without him.
Pity for them really as I think we’ll beat them in any case but you don’t like to see someone miss out on their dream opportunity.

RedVDave

First Grade
Statistically Payten is in the middle of Tigers performers though according to SMH, their Win:Loss stats with him playing are positive and negative without him.
Pity for them really as I think we’ll beat them in any case but you don’t like to see someone miss out on their dream opportunity.

It is a pity, Payten is pretty underatted for mine I think to them he is what Weyman is for us which is a massive loss for them.

RedVDave

First Grade
:lol: Unlike you to heartless drones I hate seeing any player suffer injuries I would much rather beat the Tigpies at full strength so the excuse brigade does not come out Saturday night.

Father Ted

First Grade
I don't care how I win , hell if i could I'd slip em laxettes and watch em sh*t themselves to defeat .

big pat

Coach
:lol: Unlike you to heartless drones I hate seeing any player suffer injuries I would much rather beat the Tigpies at full strength so the excuse brigade does not come out Saturday night.

thanks dave, father ted and i know who our mates are now.

Latest posts