What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Mannah on Profiles

Gronk

Staff member
Saw it. Good show. Repeat Thursday night methinks.

Love the brother's anecdote about Tim when he was pre-teen. He said that he was a fat merkin and unfit, Tim decided he wanted to be able to play rugby league, so he went down to the oval every afternoon to run laps. At first he could not run the perimeter of the soccer field. But he persisted and ran every day. Soon he could run a lap and then two. He did it every day until he was running 10km a day.

The Colonel

Immortal
Saw it. Good show. Repeat Thursday night methinks.

Love the brother's anecdote about Tim when he was pre-teen. He said that he was a fat merkin and unfit, Tim decided he wanted to be able to play rugby league, so he went down to the oval every afternoon to run laps. At first he could not run the perimeter of the soccer field. But he persisted and ran every day. Soon he could run a lap and then two. He did it every day until he was running 10km a day.

Tim is an out and out leader. The respect his team mates have for him is amazing. To go through what he has this season and still be out there performing each week is inspirational and his team mates respect that.

Green River Eel

Juniors
Tim is an out and out leader. The respect his team mates have for him is amazing. To go through what he has this season and still be out there performing each week is inspirational and his team mates respect that.

Tim couldnt lead a puppy on a string.

Im sure Tims the nicest bloke in the world, but he is mighty far from a leader of men on the park.

IMO Tims the best example of a yes man i could think of, he never speaks out, you can predict what tims going to say before he opens his mouth, its all positive spin from him, when was the last time you heard Tim call a spade a spade?

Tims the first one to smile after a loss and dribble out rhetoric at the presser or to the press, he's a massive dreamer and goodie two shoes.

What Tim brings for us on the park is very over rated in my opinion, yes he makes some meters, but it stops there, i dont think he inspires anybody on the park, he never has, if you call a dopey 24/7 smile inspiration that'll do me.

Tims the golden child of our losing culture, he defines what we are, thats spooners.

The rest of eels fans can keep thinking the sun shines outa his ass, but id swap him for any decent prop in the comp.

OK flame suit on, fire away Timmy lovers......:roll::sarcasm:

natheel

Coach
Wait till we are winning again he will be much better. His after match conferences being positive (though not all the time) is just him. I don't mind him being who he is as a person and enjoying what he has achieved. He is a man of faith and the loss of his brother has probably shown him that you need to appreciate what you have.

He may not be a talking leader (Hayne is that side of things) but he is like Cayless and leads by example. He has started to develop a little ball play when he comes to the line a bit like James Graham does. He's still young and developing. He will get better

Haynzy

First Grade

Im sure Tims the nicest bloke in the world, but he is mighty far from a leader of men on the park.

IMO Tims the best example of a yes man i could think of, he never speaks out, you can predict what tims going to say before he opens his mouth, its all positive spin from him, when was the last time you heard Tim call a spade a spade?

Tims the first one to smile after a loss and dribble out rhetoric at the presser or to the press, he's a massive dreamer and goodie two shoes.
Q
What Tim brings for us on the park is very over rated in my opinion, yes he makes some meters, but it stops there, i dont think he inspires anybody on the park, he never has, if you call a dopey 24/7 smile inspiration that'll do me.

Tims the golden child of our losing culture, he defines what we are, thats spooners.

The rest of eels fans can keep thinking the sun shines outa his ass, but id swap him for any decent prop in the comp.

:lol: :lol:

Utey

Coach
LOL fairly evident you're looking for a bite, so I won't be biting. I see a lot of a young Cayless in Tim.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Mannah is a really determined player and you can see he always gives his all. I just hope that he can develop some ball skills because it would make him a better player. Look at Merrin, he has ball skills and it means defenders hang back a little for the pass and he makes more metres.

The Colonel

Immortal
LOL fairly evident you're looking for a bite, so I won't be biting. I see a lot of a young Cayless in Tim.

Very similar career paths. I too would like to see Tim start using the ball a bit more and they have been trying to use him as a link man much the way Graham is at the Dogs. Graham is a very good ball playing prop and while Tim has a way to go it would help his career tremendously if he was able to.

As for your first point, some blokes are just way too obvious.

Tooooks

Bench

All that time and effort for what amounts to one of the most obvious trolling attempts I've seen in ages.

Durp.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think you're all missing the point here - what kind of piddly-arsed, backwards, third world Hicksville uses a string to take a dog for a walk? That is some animal abuse shit right there.

Utey

Coach
I seem to recall Tim having a pretty handy offload, but it needs to suit out gameplan. Graham fits into the Dogs game plan nicely, as does Merrin.

TheRam

Coach
Tim hasn't got an offload in him because his overriding objective is to hit the deck quick smart and remain on his belly when doing so, which allows him to then make a super quick play the ball.

If he were to go into tackles thinking, break the line no matter what position my body may end up in and the look to offload if applicable, then he risks being put on his back and he obviously doesn't prefer that. He also hasn't in any way shape or form developed a skillful passing game before the line like James Graham. That is an art and not to many front rowers can do that, if any of Tims and Grahams size.

So as admirable as a quick play the ball is, he limits his metres and potential effectiveness with the ball with this tactic.

Latest posts