What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Mannah

Avenger

Immortal
This kid will play first grade this year. He is too good. He reminds me so much of a young Adam Ritson. Without a doubt the best front rower that has come through the ranks since Cayless.

To keep him long term we will let go of players like Fui and Junior Paulo, but so be it, he will be twice the player they will ever be.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Avenger said:
This kid will play first grade this year. He is too good. He reminds me so much of a young Adam Ritson. Without a doubt the best front rower that has come through the ranks since Cayless.

To keep him long term we will let go of players like Fui and Junior Paulo, but so be it, he will be twice the player they will ever be.

IMO, better than Cordoba, Lowrie, Wagon & Paulo already.
Stick him in. His brother wouldn't be out of place either.
It was at their age that Hindy, Cayless' and the likes started to filter through.
I wouldn't piss fart around, if there good enough their old enough.

Avenger

Immortal
Fishy, in the oppresive heat he smashed those Junior Warriors today and CS is right, his brother is not far behind.

Wait until Marty Lewis gets back from injury. Now there is a player destined to play for us long term.

Avenger

Immortal
Tony Williams is too good for NYC. He was awesome and not as lazy as he has been previously

fish eel

Immortal
Avenger said:
Fishy, in the oppresive heat he smashed those Junior Warriors today and CS is right, his brother is not far behind.

He did, and was very impressive.

NRL is a big step up though.

I havent seen any Jim Beam cup, so not sure of the standard, but if that is a bit closer to NRL than Toyota Cup, I'd like to see him given a run there first.

One thing I took out of todays toyota cup is that both Mannah and Tony Williams are too good for it.

Pazza

First Grade
good because when i've seen him play he looks like he can play but just doesnt get involved enough!

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Pazza said:
how was tony williams today?

Scored 2 good tries and was hard to stop. Probably wasn't even one of his better games but still featured heavily. He's ready to rock n roll in first grade.
Deadset, he's a f**king tree with no fear. Just get him in there and let him rip.

Hagan, if your out there somewhere, please brother, dont pissfart around with Lowrie and Wagon. We have too much talent to be wasting positions on average Jim Bean park players. They should be playing along Muspratt and Muckert in the QLD comp.

Pazza

First Grade
william would be good off the bench as a impact player, i wouldnt leave him out there for a long time, seems like a lazy player

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
One thing I took out of todays toyota cup is that both Mannah and Tony Williams are too good for it.

yep they are..and still improving, I wouldn't rush Tim mannah just yet I'd say he's still a month or 2 away but Tony Wiiliams needs more consistancy in his game, I don't even think he realises how good he is.

Pazza

First Grade
i'd rather keep developing these guys than bring them into grade as a kee jerk reaction

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pazza said:
i'd rather keep developing these guys than bring them into grade as a kee jerk reaction

I don't believe giving these kids a run in firsts will set their development back but I'm still not convinced that what they bring to the table will make a heck of a difference just yet.

if anyone, Tim Mannah would have to be pretty close to a call up maybe even the next 4 weeks if things don't improve,

strider

Post Whore
yeah I reckon Mannah #2 has a fair bit of potential too

its hard to conclusively say they are any better than others tho - NRL is still very different to New York City

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
In a few weeks, id drop Paulo and give Mannah a run. Just to see how he goes. Tony Williams definatly needs to get more involved. He is a talent, but I noticed that he pushed the offload a bit to much. Other then that, he is brilliant.

eelaholic

First Grade
Can I just point out that they'd be playing NSW Cup (which is now Premier League) not Jim Beam Cup (just to avoid confusion)

I can't wait to see the Mannah Brothers in first grade together! It'll be the Cayless Brothers all over again, but so much more exciting!!

Tony Williams is awesome! Still needs some improvement and is a little quiet at times but there is definitely a future force in that man mountain!!

I've also got big raps on Baumann! Such a strong, solid player! Kinda like hindy, and even kinda looks like him a little too!

Good to see young Mortimer take on the line today with some fancy footwork too!

They've gotta learn to play 80 minutes of footy though