What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Mannahs Wedding

Green River Eel

Juniors
Willie Tonga's idol must be Gok Wan from the target ads, but Willie actually looks gayer.

Id sack willie from the club for that outfit, epic fail, what a loser.

phantom eel

First Grade
His belt doesn't even match his shoes.

If he'd put on a pair of standard grey trousers (and some socks) he'd almost have gotten away with it.

Bulldogsfan74

Juniors
Well I'm not married, so it's all good..

I think if you're in a job where you're employer pays you $300k plus a year then you should consider them when planning your wedding day.

If not, well go and find yourself a $50k a year job digging some ditches.

What a wanker! What stereotypical bullshit..... So if you are earningg 300k plus you should behave as if your employer owns you????

Chipmunk

Coach
What a wanker! What stereotypical bullshit..... So if you are earningg 300k plus you should behave as if your employer owns you????

I think if you're earning more than 300k you owe your employer far greater consideration than if you're earning 50k

emjaycee

Coach
I think if you're earning more than 300k you owe your employer far greater consideration than if you're earning 50k

Why does the amount you earn drive how much consideration you 'owe' your employer?
Most jobs pay based on a combination of the value provided by the role to the organisations business goals + the skills required by the employee to complete the role + any market driven factors such as availability of people to complete the role. Sometimes length of tenure comes into it as well.

However it doesnt mean the higher paid you are the more you 'owe' your employer - that's rubbish.

If a forklift driver gets paid $24 per hour for moving pallets of bricks around a yard and someone else gets $28 per hour for moving fragile glass statues around a warehouse, does the guy moving the glass owe his employer more consideration or does he simply get paid more because breaking glass cost more to replace than dropping a pallet of bricks so a more experienced driver is required?

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
I think Chipmunks got a good point however bad example as I also agree that if you're getting 300k per year then you're probably earning your boss 10 times what a guy on 50K is . If you're getting 300K per year and are doing a job with 6 months of the year which is pretty much off season then you really should do your best to get married in the 6 months which aren't as important to the 150 or so other people relying on you ( not to mention the fans ) . You have 6 months that you don't play FFS surely some time in there you could do it .

Every first episode of the Footy Show each year they play a reel of about 10 guys who got married in the off season . Maybe Tims nuts had held on long enough .

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Why does the amount you earn drive how much consideration you 'owe' your employer?
Most jobs pay based on a combination of the value provided by the role to the organisations business goals + the skills required by the employee to complete the role + any market driven factors such as availability of people to complete the role. Sometimes length of tenure comes into it as well.

However it doesnt mean the higher paid you are the more you 'owe' your employer - that's rubbish.

If a forklift driver gets paid $24 per hour for moving pallets of bricks around a yard and someone else gets $28 per hour for moving fragile glass statues around a warehouse, does the guy moving the glass owe his employer more consideration or does he simply get paid more because breaking glass cost more to replace than dropping a pallet of bricks so a more experienced driver is required?

What a useless analogy, piss weak and missing the point totally.

Chipmunk is merely saying if your earning a very decent living maybe some consideration could have been made to the club and fans. Its a valid point, considering the off season is some 4-5 months long with no NRL games on. Maybe the wedding had to be brought forward due to religious beliefs? Time will tell

strider

Post Whore
so they just said on ch 9 that they needed to do a mid-season wedding cos of visa issues .... apparently she's a springbok

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
so they just said on ch 9 that they needed to do a mid-season wedding cos of visa issues .... apparently she's a springbok

Knew there'd be a reason she was marrying him . She wants to jump the immigration queue . It's a f**king stitch up I'm telling yas and she'll leave him once she gets her family over and get their free... I mean $7 check ups .

oldmancraigy

Coach
My comments weren't directed specifically at Tim Mannah and his performance. Look at the photo, half the team was there. It appeared from the way we played that the players minds weren't on the football last Friday night. If this is the case then there has to be a reason

Just taking the opposite position for a moment: it would be quite handy if it was Timmy's wedding that caused them to play poorly on Friday.

Gives a very good reason for a bad game, and one that won't be repeated for another 2 weeks (Pauli is getting married after the Dogs game).

Chipmunk

Coach
Just taking the opposite position for a moment: it would be quite handy if it was Timmy's wedding that caused them to play poorly on Friday.

Gives a very good reason for a bad game, and one that won't be repeated for another 2 weeks (Pauli is getting married after the Dogs game).

19 year old Pauli Pauli is getting married?

Latest posts