What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen ... (war is over)

Breathingfire

Juniors
Pardon me if this has already been posted
I think we're really going to warm to this kid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJi3yvg4QH0
At 23 he'll put on another 5 kg before long and be even better
If you haven't seen this stuff before ..enjoy

I posted that video on the day of his signing. I'm not referring to you, but its funny how many people were upset at the signing and now all of the sudden they are excited. I might add that I think he has more NATURAL footballing ability than Boyd. Yes, Boyd had a great year last year but I think Moltzen has a bit more footballing nous so to speak IE. reads the game better, better support player, and just an all round more gifted athlete in general. Hope he fulfills his potential at the club. Boyd has executed the Bennett game plan nicely but now that teams have cottoned on to what he does, he is quite ineffective. Take away those cut out passes and he is a passenger. He has an attitude problem to boot. Goodbye Darius.

Last edited:

Cagey Mac

Bench
I posted that video on the day of his signing. I'm not referring to you, but its funny how many people were upset at the signing and now all of the sudden they are excited. I might add that I think he has more NATURAL footballing ability than Boyd. Yes, Boyd had a great year last year but I think Moltzen has a bit more footballing nous so to speak IE. reads the game better, better support player, and just an all round more gifted athlete in general. Hope he fulfills his potential at the club. Boyd has executed the Bennett game plan nicely but now that teams have cottoned on to what he does, he is quite ineffective. Take away those cut out passes and he is a passenger. He has an attitude problem to boot. Goodbye Darius.

I recall the thead but couldn't find it but also recall being very pleased with Moltzen's signing though I didn't catch the youTube clip at the time
He's exactly my weight and height, that's why I commented that gaining an extra 5kg would make him even better. I also ruptured an ACL many years ago so I'll be watching the kid's career with great interest

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
after watching his 20m, on the fly pass last week after the break he made to set up the try, i'm happy for next year...

was cursing him last friday tho..

The Nick

Bench

After watching the video I have to agree with you 100%. Let's hope he continues to improve in the Mighty Red V. Very excited about this signing.

Mr Red

First Grade
the jury i still out on moltzen for me.. yes his form has been great, but hell even i could look like a star running off Benji Marshall...
lets see how he goes forming a combination with Hornby and Soward before i make a judgement on whether or not he is a good signing...

Cagey Mac

Bench
the jury i still out on moltzen for me.. yes his form has been great, but hell even i could look like a star running off Benji Marshall...
lets see how he goes forming a combination with Hornby and Soward before i make a judgement on whether or not he is a good signing...

Have you worked out if Lockyer's any good yet? ;-)

Goddo

Bench
I think moltzen goes to fullback and Kyle takes gasniers position.
Agreed. Chase Stanley will be back with us next year too, so I wonder how he will fit in...

Mitch Rein has a big future too.

We are looking good for the "next generation".

Latest posts