What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Paine quits as test captain

Fangs

Coach
Right...

I knew this was going to be his last Summer in the test team. But no, I didn't predict it would end this way.

So is he getting replaced or just stepping down from the captaincy?

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Bahahaha the board knew about this in early 2018, that was all fine apparently and made him skipper. But then let Smith and Warner miss a whole year. What a joke. This will only strengthen the side.
The then Cricket Australia board was a joke tbf.

Bazal

Post Whore
Even better, the "allegation" only came to light when the other party was accused of theft from Cricket Tas. Hahahaha

Source is Cricket Tas statement

Eelectrica

Referee
Guess whoever knew about it wanted him gone.
Not a great way to go but he should have been moved on last summer. For me, Paine is neither forgiven nor unforgiven, don't actually care about the incident.

Bring on Inglis or Carey.

JJ

Immortal
I haven’t read everything, clear he’s stepping down as captain, but as the incumbent keeper is he still available?

Captain Sir Patrick James Cummins the Great of Westmead, surely????

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
I haven’t read everything, clear he’s stepping down as captain, but as the incumbent keeper is he still available?

Captain Sir Patrick James Cummins the Great of Westmead, surely????
Marnus Labuschagne would be the sensible pick imo.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hiney loves cancel culture?

It's a joke. Reports are it was investigated and found no wrongdoing but let's end his career over it.
I couldn’t give a shit what happens to Paine, he’s only there because of what Warner did way back in Seth Efrica. Smith got 12 months for something he had nothing to do with. I think cancel culture is BS and a millennial thing but anything to be rid of a Paine can only be a good thing for Australian cricket.

Bazal

Post Whore
I couldn’t give a shit what happens to Paine, he’s only there because of what Warner did way back in Seth Efrica. Smith got 12 months for something he had nothing to do with. I think cancel culture is BS and a millennial thing but anything to be rid of a Paine can only be a good thing for Australian cricket.

The public turning on him because Aussies are dumb and love a scapegoat doesn't make his contribution any less good

He's not a perfect captain but he's been exactly what we needed after Cape Town. You can't have it both ways just cos you live to blame the bloke lad, his career ending cos of some previously investigated allegations from five years ago (made by someone accused of misconduct themselves) is pretty bullshit.

They're dumb if the pick Cummins as captain

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The public turning on him because Aussies are dumb and love a scapegoat doesn't make his contribution any less good

He's not a perfect captain but he's been exactly what we needed after Cape Town. You can't have it both ways just cos you live to blame the bloke lad, his career ending cos of some previously investigated allegations from five years ago (made by someone accused of misconduct themselves) is pretty bullshit.

They're dumb if the pick Cummins as captain
Come on you know I love a scapegoat Baz, Paine should of retired last summer after doing a fair job on tough circumstances. The board being gutless and unable to make a decision on to bring back Smith in the field were happy to hold the team back hoping another option comes along. I’d be giving Inglis the gong but know our selectors and Langer is will be another excuses to bring back Wadey.

Bazal

Post Whore
Come on you know I love a scapegoat Baz, Paine should of retired last summer after doing a fair job on tough circumstances. The board being gutless and unable to make a decision on to bring back Smith in the field were happy to hold the team back hoping another option comes along. I’d be giving Inglis the gong but know our selectors and Langer is will be another excuses to bring back Wadey.

Smith should never captain Australia again mate. The board made the right decision last summer.

I'd be dropping Paine now btw. If he's not captain he doesn't offer anything someone else won't. Bit anyone who think this doesn't leave a big hole in the leadership is daft IMO.

Hell, give it Lyon for the summer. That bald sea bass Merkin doesn't do anything else for us, let him wear the weight