What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith, Killing it ?

big boppa eel

Juniors
Tim Smith apparently killing it in England though not on the field for Wigan, but in the club scene, apparently a big talking point in English league fraternity. I know most will say who cares now and i agree, though def think we dodged a bullet (pardon the pun) in cutting this guy loose.

parra pete

Referee
but he is irish

holic seen him on tv yesterday, she said he is fat

That should read STILL fat - and still USELESS.
I watched him play yesterday on Fox against Leeds with a mate who was a former Australian Schoolboy coach..He is a bit of a fan of Tim Smith..
During the thirty minutes or so we watched him..he did not make one tackle, and did not run the ball at all.
He got into dummy half and passed it, and backed away when anyone looked like coming down his side..

parra_jesus

Juniors
ive watched two games of smiths for wigan and the same story he was used from dummy half were he just picked the ball up and passed saw him take on the line once or twice (whats changed) his defence has been terrible. seems like he just hasnt settled in over there maybe with riddell coming into the side and the loss of barrett smith will start getting more involved

parra pete

Referee
ive watched two games of smiths for wigan and the same story he was used from dummy half were he just picked the ball up and passed saw him take on the line once or twice (whats changed) his defence has been terrible. seems like he just hasnt settled in over there maybe with riddell coming into the side and the loss of barrett smith will start getting more involved

With Piggy (Riddell) at Wigan linking up with the Chicken (Smith) the - Wigan attack will take on a bacon and eggs breakfast look.

In a bacon and egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed.

(ie, if you can call what the Chook has shown in the games I have watched in the ESL, involvement.
Looks more to me that he is collecting pay under false pretences...But, on the other hand the Club would be saving on laundry expenses..his No 32 jumper shorts and socks at the end of the match would beg this question "Guess whose Mum's got a Whirlpool" :lol:)

Pazza

First Grade
if i was in England i'd be smashing down so many dingas at DMZ & Fabric, it would be great :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think the only thing Tim is killing these days is his brain cells, he's come on off the bench and done the job but he certainly hasn't been "killing it".

eelaholic

First Grade
I reckon Hellsy. Give the poor guy a break. We haven't heard of him bashing santa's, urinating in public or even being on drunken rampages. If it has happened we'd all know about it and it would be well publicised.

As for on the field, he gets 20 mins a game if that. Often coming on the field with less than 10 to go before oranges. He replaces the starting hooker and both Barrett and Leluluai stay on the field. Each of the three take turns at acting half. No wonder he gets into dummy half and just passes it as there is no actual replacement hooker!! Ever noticed he's also been taking the tap off the 20m restart! (and looks like a duck out of water when doing so)

He did look to me like he'd put on a bit of bulk as stated earlier by eelzy. Could just be me trying to get used to the white jersey on him having said that.

From the games I've seen him play I haven't seen him play that terribly. Although he still tries the very flat "hospital" (and I use the word loosely) pass out to the winger (which cost wigan a try in the preliminary final due to Pat Richards fluffing up the catch with nothing but open space in front of him).

All I can say is that I hope he learns from his time at Wigan and believe he can come out a better player from it and fingers crossed he comes out of mad monday unscathed!

P.S go leeds!

Hellsy

Immortal
I reckon Hellsy. Give the poor guy a break. We haven't heard of him bashing santa's, urinating in public or even being on drunken rampages. If it has happened we'd all know about it and it would be well publicised.

Nor have we seen him questioned by police for sexual interludes in toilets with teammates.....

fish eel

Immortal
Really.....who gives a sh*t anyway? The kid has done quite well out of what happened earlier this year.

I couldnt careless.