What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for some humble pie for the Simmons critics!

Aries

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
oh give it a rest. A few more seasons in the gym & simmons will have long past the average amount of first grade games a player has in their career.
Adam mcdougal 104 games.
simmons should have been nailing it last season & has probably 1 maybe 2 complete games in all his first grade time.

Game breaker?
FMFF!!!
Did you not see SBW play yesterday?
Did you not see Dykes?
MArshall?
MAson?
Locky?
Johns?
Buderus?
FMFF!!

& Aries, you agreed. it is not your job to police me. Are you going to break it after 1 day?
Read the first post & see whose name was mentioned?

I agreed that if I commented on your posts I would comment on your posts in a "CIVIL" manner, which I did!

I also agreed to take the piss out of you, when you post something dumb. I have bitten my tongue several times on the "Take the piss out of you" one so far. I will always have my opinions on here, and if you post on here, I will post also if I don't agree with what you say. It is a forum and you are also free to comment on mine...

If you can't handle the way I comment, then tough! I usually don't dilly dally around and go straight for the throat... ;-)

Macca said:
Doesn't change the fact that he was average though does it?

Average yes.

But didn't f*ck up whilst he was playing injured.

He's playing in an era where there is some of the best fullbacks ever.

If he gets to represent at any level during his career he would've well 'n' truly earned it!

Mr. Shark

Juniors
Well, well, well......Simmons is on stand-by for El-Masri's spot in the City squad. The bulldog is having tests on a hammy.

Whether he is in or out, Simmons has obviously impressed somebody at the selction table. Congratulations Simmons. Today stand-by for City- tomorrow State of Origin!!

Well, maybe not tomorrow.

Aries

Bench
Reefy, as it is buried now well into the second page, i'll remind you what I said...
Aries said:
EDIT: btw reefy, this is a public forum and if I disagree with what you post, I will post a rebuttle and now try to keep it civil, as I did in the 'critics" thread. If you deserve to have the piss taken out of you, then I will also do that!
Don't twist my words again!

Aries

Bench
Mr. Shark said:
Well, well, well......Simmons is on stand-by for El-Masri's spot in the City squad. The bulldog is having tests on a hammy.

Whether he is in or out, Simmons has obviously impressed somebody at the selction table. Congratulations Simmons. Today stand-by for City- tomorrow State of Origin!!

*Cough* *SPLUTTER* *COUGH* *COUGH*... was that reefy I heard choking on his sandwich?

Mr. Shark said:

Anyone have David Peachey's representative statistics?

carinashark

First Grade
I recon Simmo is going ok at FB. Peachy over the last few seasons has been a bit of an embarssment . Stupid backchat , that kick from our half , jeez,that loopy return of the ball ,slow as and easy to tackle. . Im a bit more comfortable with Simmo thanks. And Birdy ! Has he taken the 'quality' pills for the last 3 weeks? He seems to be going ok as well. Now Im thinking are we setting ourselves up for a major brain explosion against the Radiers?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Even though he had a good game yesterday,he still looked like he had no idea under the highball (I know it was very difficult conditions) but you watch the replay, he got peppered with them in the first half and what does he do?

After 50 odd games there's a confidence that comes with being a regular FG player, He still looks shakey in certain areas but overall I'm happy with the way he is playing.

If he plays in a Sharks winning GF team I'll even go to church!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Simmons did little more than do his job well yesterday. No more, no less. Hardly enough to write him into the hall of fame.

He has no X Factor. He is not a gamebreaker. He remains tentative, at a level of a debutant. He still takes soft options.

Yesterday he at least looked to be trying to get into holes and was much more prominent following in the ruck. He rana good gap for his try but the credit there should go to Noodles for giving him an absolute gem of a pass.

He has yet to have a "great" game. Great games from players win the game for the team. Simmons is a contributor. Long way to go yet.

Playing reps might help.

So might cocaine

imasharkie

Coach
I'm a critic of Simmons and I admit he had a very good game yesterday, and it's about time. I won't be going overboard on him yet.
BUT 3 points in the awards, Ritchie is kidding himself.

Geez just the goal alone was enough for Thommo to get the 3 points.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I do have one downfall with Simmo and its his agression level! Its is zero! Fair enough he is a christian but FFS i wish he could switch on and get that mongrel out every now and then when on the field.

He seems like when he tackles he doesn't want to hurt anyone! I know when i tackle thats all i want to do!

It might come down to his church beliefs but i have a 7th day adventist in my team who goes to church every Sunday before our game, and that dont stop him from being a mad man on the field!

Fire up Simmo thats all i ask!