What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to Create a Media Frenzy - RE: The Board

ali

Bench
I'm sure we all think there is a fair chance that Raper will be sacked, but that's not the point of this. I don't want to go through another 2 year cycle where we achieve nothing. It's becoming painfully obvious the problems start at the top. The aim of going to the media is to damage the reputation of our board, not get the coach sacked quicker than may happen otherwise.

SadShark

Bench
Great work everyone. I heard Talkin Sport last night too and there were some calls about the players & the coach - none complimentary.

It's the board we are gunning for. Yeah raper can go but he will more likely be replaced by another Raper (performance not name).

39 years will soon become 40 with no success. What a milestone.

dreary

Juniors
I heard a couple read out last night on Talkin Sport and the ones they read focused on the Board which was great, but they quickly moved onto another topic :?

Chondricthyes

Juniors
beekershark said:
Very well said, and it is something that is pretty easily fixed. Ive no doubt the board and all staff WANT a premiership and hate losing, but they have allowed their day to day running get clouded.

I hope the board read this and LISTEN. That's all most fans, me included, want.

Pierce has proved he is the consumate listener.

He nods , smiles says he will look into it ... then walks away and goes back to the business of sending the club down the toilet.

Noone doubts his or anyones passion or commitment but like all things it is results that count.

They , like any player or anyone , must show they have what it takes WITH RESULTS.

This is sadly not the case and like all despots they cannot see their failure even when presented with reality.

We must help these poor, blind, power crazed bastards by presenting the facts to the media as often as possible.

A new results orientated, accountable , clear thinking leadership is needed.
Prefferably one with less Shark about them and more spark about them.

It must be done now, this board is killing our football.

ali

Bench
dreary said:
I heard a couple read out last night on Talkin Sport and the ones they read focused on the Board which was great, but they quickly moved onto another topic :?

Lets keep it up. It would be good if more of you could email the above journos. If it's backpage of the Tele, then it will dominate talkback.

beekershark

Bench
But what has been achieved ? I'm all for people power and the fans having their say about issues of our club, but it seems the report just makes the emaillers look like a pack of whingers.

I think constructive, factual emails written with due respect will have far more effect .

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It has pissed Raper off.

Raised public awareness that the fans are questioning the board.

And most of all - it gave me a laugh

ali

Bench
beekershark said:
But what has been achieved ? I'm all for people power and the fans having their say about issues of our club, but it seems the report just makes the emaillers look like a pack of whingers.

I think constructive, factual emails written with due respect will have far more effect .

I think the problem is that Ritchie spun the story because most of us would had mentioned that we'd heard Raper was on his way out, and going by the story, obviously hasn't been getting the same mail. So the problem is partly our sources on here who say he's gone. Anyone who reads the story today, will see the quotes from us aren't aimed at raper, but at the board. As has been spun by the Tele, but I guess that was to be expected.

Surely

Post Whore
ali said:
I think the problem is that Ritchie spun the story because most of us would had mentioned that we'd heard Raper was on his way out, and going by the story, obviously hasn't been getting the same mail. So the problem is partly our sources on here who say he's gone. Anyone who reads the story today, will see the quotes from us aren't aimed at raper, but at the board. As has been spun by the Tele, but I guess that was to be expected.

Funily enough started by a eels fan (avenger) if my memory serves me correctly.

Maybe Stuey can release another media blurb blaming fickle eels fans.

Aries

Bench
Russle crowes band said:
i liked the "full support of the board" part
woulda giv'n stu a heap of confidence

Yep, same thing was said to dOPES...
I 'm sure he is real relaxed now...