What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to go, Jason Croker

glasper

Juniors
I think it's time to be ruthless and drop Croker. He's solid in defense, and sure, he's got "experience" in spades, but I'm just sick of his constant turnovers in attack. Yesterday's storm match had him back to his old habits of dropped ball and pushing passes that should never have been thrown. Legend of the club or not, it's time to face reality: Croker should have retired last season.

edabomb

First Grade
Whenever he hasn't been playing in recent times our defense has been atrocious. I'm happy for him to play out this season, I think he still is a very key part on the defensive side. However, with the youth movement next season I don't really see a place for him.

Apparently Henry is keen to keep him on board though.

dubby

Bench
Drop Croker= Anarchy.

He knows he's stuffing up, and he will get better hopefuly!

nickraider

Juniors
glasper said:
I think it's time to be ruthless and drop Croker. He's solid in defense, and sure, he's got "experience" in spades, but I'm just sick of his constant turnovers in attack. Yesterday's storm match had him back to his old habits of dropped ball and pushing passes that should never have been thrown. Legend of the club or not, it's time to face reality: Croker should have retired last season.

I wish people like you would get off his case!! He's not playing his best footy sure, but he's still putting in and making huge tackle counts each week. Croker has been playing a lot better than some of the other players in the side IMO and he adds a bit of sting to the defence. And what about that try - he could get a run with the socceroos with headers like that :lol:

Seriously though, I hope Croker plays another season. IMO we need him.

Timbo

Staff member
He is woeful. 18th man in a 17 man outfit.

He is a club legend, but I'd rather remember the great player of 5-10 years ago than the shadow that's out there now.

Paullyboy

Coach
Thats a fair point Timbo.

I personally dont think he's been that bad lately. I know he made some poor mistakes against the Dogs - but dont remember many from the Storm game?

Then again I dont remmeber much from that game at all for some reason

I'm really a bit baffled by all the anti-Croker sentiment lately.

The worst part of his game is obviously his handling, he has a tendancy to drop balls in crucial situations.

But have you closely watched how he's played lately?

He's been playing much closer to the middle of the field and has been running straight as opposed to near the sideline, cramping up a backline movement. In fact in the first half vs. the Storm I remember recalling he was the only forward not to get dominated. When he pumps those legs there's no one stronger.

And he's absolutely vital in defence. Many times I've seen him shut down half breaks when if he's not there, the opposition would make a clean break and who knows what would happen. Try and watch him closely next weekend, he does a lot of the tough stuff that doesn't get recognised.

He's clearly nowhere near the player he used to be, but considering his age you'd be foolish to expect something like the form 5-10 years ago. IMO he's still valuable to our team, he just needs to work on his ball control.

Roy Rover

Juniors
He definitely should give it away.
There's nothing worse than a player who hangs around too long and tarnishes their repuation.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Toots may not be playing like it's 1994, but he puts in and never takes a backward step. Whenever we lose players like him, Germ, or Smith, we always seem to be a lost cause. I'm prepared to see him play out the season, than next year when a new coach comes on board, than the team can start to rebuild.

He's definately not the worst player on the team, far from it.
Just needs to stop the brain explosions and the drop ball, which comes from trying to force the issue.

Latest posts