What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to rethink NRl mid season tests?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seems to me we now have a genuine need for nations like samoa, tonga, fiji etc to be able to play smaller test matches mid season on their home turf, and leave the end of season test window clear for big tournaments. Maybe the NRL needs to go back to Ch9 and start campaigning to move all origin games to weekends?

Would be a big boost to finance for the games into those countries and the players can go over for a week and really promote the RL on 'home' soil. That some of these players have never even visited the country they are representing needs rectifying,

Bulldog2020

Juniors
My main concern would be that the players would have to choose between playing Origin & Internationals.

It may be better to have a rep round separate to Origin where Australia play NZ and other Countries can play each other.

Iamback

Coach
My main concern would be that the players would have to choose between playing Origin & Internationals.

It may be better to have a rep round separate to Origin where Australia play NZ and other Countries can play each other.

My issue with mid season tests was and still would be the availability of the ESL players. Need both comps to pause together for it to work

Reactions: siv

Perth Red

Post Whore
Should be a fortnight
Yeh that could work if there was fortnight break in the comps for a two match test series mid season. These could be the lower drawing tests played in the actual countries. Would make it worthwhile for the overseas players to travel to their respective nations to play,
Mind you we cant even get the games esteemed leaders to rock up to the RLWC so I doubt there's a cat in hells chance of them compromising the NRL lol

Latest posts