What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timmo

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Shock return for Timmo article in the Rugby League Week. Any chance Dragons will throw him a life line. Apparently he has been training the house down and feels 100%.

If they can get him on match payments I can't see why the wouldn't.

gregstar

Referee
not true.

the council was p*ssed off that in a mere ten metre effort, timmo had done more than the average council worker & shown them up for what they are.

he's now qualified for a years wage.

gregstar

Referee
i'd doubt that they will sign him.

but i think the guy is a champ.

it is dissappointing that people suggest that he only has a sideways run & that's it.

how quickly they forget his pre-injury days.

the best defensive centre bar none
good pace
hard runner
great offload.

Timmo was great for us, one of my favourties, but his time has been and gone. I truly hope that he retires gracefully - don't want to see him as a fringe first grader with dodgy knees playing for Souths etc - he deserves more dignity than that.

phonetic

Juniors
Bring back John Fifita said:
Timmo was great for us, one of my favourties, but his time has been and gone. I truly hope that he retires gracefully - don't want to see him as a fringe first grader with dodgy knees playing for Souths etc - he deserves more dignity than that.

Exactly. A great clubman. His time has indeed come and gone. Perhaps he has more to offer rugby league, but not as a player I don't think.

God-King Dean

Immortal
gregstar said:

it is dissappointing that people suggest that he only has a sideways run & that's it.

good pace
hard runner
great offload.

He use to have a great step as well. I jizzed myself when I saw him do it down the blind side against Broncos @ Brisbane in 2005. Meeeeeeeeemoriessss.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Maybe they could get him on Match payments and play him at 5/8 since Gaz is ruled out for the season. Not the worst thing the Dragons could do that's for sure.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Collateral said:
Why cant we just put our faith in Williams?

Because that would make too much sense.

Why wouldn't we want an older, less mobile, non-ball playing 5/8 over a young, talented, up and coming playmaker?

:crazy:

G

gorilla

gregstar said:

good pace
hard runner
great offload.

Please - we have a future to consider.

Yes, all that was pre-injury, and even then he was a centre, not a 5/8.

Look, I'm prepared to forgo the close-set eyes and give him his due as a Dragons 'pretty-good', ahem not great.

However the return of the Crab (both in sideways movement and the refusal to release what has been grasped), is just not a good idea. It would be a retrograde step in the march into the future.

I'd rather see Mundine return than Timmins (at 5/8). If Timmo wanted to play on macth fees as a bench player at 2nd row or lock, groovey. But that's all for moi !

Latest posts