What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tinkler proposal back on (take 3)

perverse

Referee
Yes, I get that...I may be over 40 but not quite senile as yet....:lol:

I just don't really see the point....I refer to your first paragraph to succinctly explain my thoughts.

I wonder whether I will get a refund given I have paid out $800 for my family pass??
they have plans in the works to compensate already paid up members. which one, if any, will see the light of day is anyones guess... but there have been some interesting things kicked around behind closed doors. i believe the leading contender is a limited edition jersey for said members, but it wasn't the only option on the table. i'm assuming that they will cover this in junkit that is currently taking place.

perverse

Referee
according to Tiffiny Genders on twitter, the limited edition jersey for existing members has been officially announced at the junkit as i said it probably would be, so i'll reveal what i've been told about it -

it will be in the Barcelona, 1997 jersey style.
it will have the name of every Knights player to don the jersey stitched into the design
to the best of my knowledge it will be available for free to all currently paid up members as a "thanks for being champs and sorry you paid too much for your membership this year". not sure if this is the case for standard single GA tickets, but i was lead to believe it included all paid up members. could be wrong about the free part, particularly to just single ticket GA members, but this is what i was lead to believe by a man i had no reason to doubt.

Archduke_Franz

Juniors
according to Tiffiny Genders on twitter, the limited edition jersey for existing members has been officially announced at the junkit as i said it probably would be, so i'll reveal what i've been told about it -

it will be in the Barcelona, 1997 jersey style.
it will have the name of every Knights player to don the jersey stitched into the design
to the best of my knowledge it will be available for free to all currently paid up members as a "thanks for being champs and sorry you paid too much for your membership this year". not sure if this is the case for standard single GA tickets, but i was lead to believe it included all paid up members. could be wrong about the free part, particularly to just single ticket GA members, but this is what i was lead to believe by a man i had no reason to doubt.

What about the out of town Defenders, Or the 4 game Defender as its called this year? Do you think we will be included?

perverse

Referee
What about the out of town Defenders, Or the 4 game Defender as its called this year? Do you think we will be included?
i would anticipate that it only includes ticketed members, as it is compensation for reduced ticket prices, so i would rule out Out of Towners probably, although if i were TSG i would make it available to those memberships for a nominal fee too. couldnt comment either way on the 4 game memberships, would be a grey area, but i'd anticipate it will be made available to them in some capacity too.

all of the above is only my own speculation on the subject, though. i wasn't really in a position to quiz on these sorts of minute details.

I sent my proxy today and my close friend who works in the local OZ Post offices told me apparently Chief needs a vault and not a PO BOX for the Proxies he is receiving after his members email yesterday. Make of that what you will.

cram

Bench
I have been hearing bits and pieces on the radio and most of what Perverse has said was in the press announcement. I guess we will find out, hopefully next week.

Who is going to the meeting....I have to teach next Thursday night but would like to catch up with people if they are going to be somewhere afterwards... Perverse if I PM you my mobile can you text me when its announced??

Adsy

Juniors
I sent my proxy today and my close friend who works in the local OZ Post offices told me apparently Chief needs a vault and not a PO BOX for the Proxies he is receiving after his members email yesterday. Make of that what you will.

Let's hope they're not like most Oz post offices then, cause there's a good chance they'd lose half of them.

Burwood

Bench
I'm not 100% sure how the memberships and pricings work, but is it right to assume that the Silver Defender package is equivalent to the $200 family ticket membership? (Both have reserved seating)

If so, why would I want to buy a single adult membership for myself? It would be $182 cheaper for me to buy the family package and with that I'd get an adult and two children passes extra.

So even if they sell 4,000 tickets through the subsidised family memberships, it is possible that only 1,000 will actually turn up to the games and the other 3,000 will be empty seats.

Is there anything to stop people from doing this?

perverse

Referee
I have been hearing bits and pieces on the radio and most of what Perverse has said was in the press announcement. I guess we will find out, hopefully next week.

Who is going to the meeting....I have to teach next Thursday night but would like to catch up with people if they are going to be somewhere afterwards... Perverse if I PM you my mobile can you text me when its announced??
when what is announced, mate? the result of the vote or?

either way that's no problem.

this pdf shows all the details of the new pricing that has been announced, Burwood. it doesn't mention anything about Silver or above ticket prices for single tickets. one would think they would reduce them to a level that would provide incentive to not buy a family pass, but who knows? as far as i can tell there would be nothing stopping someone from taking advantage of a silver family ticket for themselves and having spare tickets. would be a shame if it had a massive effect on how many seats we can fill in Silver and above seats, though.

Serc

First Grade
TSG's cheap tickets plan for Knights
Rob Brooks
March 23, 2011 - 8:19PM

The Tinkler Sports Group (TSG) has revealed its strategy to win over Knights supporters in the Hunter - "the best value" sports tickets in the country.
Wednesday's announcement was intended to influence any unconvinced Knights members regarding TSG's takeover bid.
TSG, led by mining magnate Nathan Tinkler, said it would allow families to purchase tickets to Newcastle's NRL home games from $5 per person for reserved seating and $3.75 per person for general admission.
The initiative, announced just eight days before members will vote on the future of their club, will only come into effect should the bid receive a 75 per cent majority on March 31. "It makes it the best value ticket of any professional sporting organisation in the country," TSG executive chairman Ken Edwards said.
"One of the core promises that we're going to deliver on is making sure that as many families, and as many children as possible, can get along to support the Knights."
"We want to make this a family-friendly club, an affordable club, so that we can have 30,000 people there every game."
"It's something that we've done with the Jets (A-League club), it's not something that's new and it demonstrates again our commitment to the community," he said.
The ticketing deal would potentially become available to the general public from the match against the New Zealand Warriors on May 13 at the newly developed Ausgrid Stadium.
In a bold plan, TSG also revealed it intends to boost the club's membership base from its current 6,000 to over 20,000 in 2012, should it acquire the Knights' NRL licence.
But Edwards refuted claims of overconfidence surrounding the announcement, instead seeing it as an opportunity to reveal TSG's philosophy to the public, particularly the voting members.
"I don't think it's presumptuous," he said.
"It's about being open, honest and transparent to members about what we intend to do."
"We certainly don't think this is over the line. We have a lot more to do, a lot more people to talk to.
"We're concerned that some members might think that it is such a good deal that they don't intend to vote because they think it will get over the line."
"We need members to think about what we're doing, we need them to vote."
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/tsgs-cheap-tickets-plan-for-knights-20110323-1c6o8.html

Also here's (part, by the looks) of the press conference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFPAuCkaLKA

Last edited:

shane1970

Juniors
With Mullo on NRL on Fox last night saying that the players want it surely they should push that the players are all for the proposal and this could sway the members who are "iffy" on voting yes for the takeover to get the nod.

So basically let me nut it down.

Its 1 of 3.

A) Tew and the Tinkler group are lying.
B) Burro was being sly and misleading.
C) Burro had no idea of our financial situation which as the CEO makes him grossly incompetent IMO, not to mention apparently there is no formal documentation for the Patrons trust, just a cup of tea with a few mates........

roopy

Referee
There's nothing new in that article.
Anyone on this forum who didn't know all that has a learning disability.
We have been talking about all those things ad nauseum for months.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Does anyone else think we probably won't get to know the result of the vote next Thursday night?

There's nothing new in that article.
Anyone on this forum who didn't know all that has a learning disability.
We have been talking about all those things ad nauseum for months.

Thats right Roops we have, but ur average member probably hasnt and getting told we are only $500,000 in debt instead of $1,500,000 is a bit misleading.

Serc

First Grade
What roopy said x50...

(having said that its another good reminder of the added financial security that TSG would bring)

B-dos

Referee
burraston has without doubt proven his critics right and has shown clearly why tinkler will oust him at the first opportunity

this guy deserves absolute condemnation from all supporters. his misleading comments are purely to feather his own nest and we dont need scumbags like this anywhere near the club.

ive been critical of tew in the past however his gagging order on this joker is exactly what was required - all props to tew on that

Baron it makes us close to 6 million in debt . We r already 4 million in the red. It's either Tinkler or we r gone. Given current economic markets it will get worse before it gets better.

Last edited: