What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tips and tricks

TripleM

Juniors
Feel free to post any tricks or tips about the game, any secrets you have discovered, eg how many hours to unlock those cheerleaders :p, strategies that you have come up with, etc.

Andy#8

Juniors
wouldnt this be a spoiler?
i'd much rather uncover the secrets etc myself on a game like this (highly anticipated).

ripper

body_hiddenfeatures.gif

HBG

Juniors
TripleM said:
Feel free to post any tricks or tips about the game, any secrets you have discovered, eg how many hours to unlock those cheerleaders :p, strategies that you have come up with, etc.

So when should I expect my pallet of Tooheys Red?

ripper

Its the SIDHE and HES crew with 10 in everything on all their stats.

I will give someone $10 who can beat them on League God mode with an Unedited Halifax and shoe me proof

Maccas

Juniors
In the 2 easiest difficulties and sometimes seasoned, when you return the ball from the kickoff it is very easy to get a try. Right before the defense reaches you, put in a massive kick down the ground and sprint like hell. Chances are you will get the ball for an easy try.

Razor

Coach
Maccas said:
In the 2 easiest difficulties and sometimes seasoned, when you return the ball from the kickoff it is very easy to get a try. Right before the defense reaches you, put in a massive kick down the ground and sprint like hell. Chances are you will get the ball for an easy try.

Do that everytime on Seasoned mode - Works about 50% of the time.

Wait till they get closer thoug.

Also do it if I gain possession in my own half as well.

Azkatro

First Grade
This might be an obvious one but if you can manage to throw a cutout pass after a quick play the ball you can catch them offside fairly often. Just watch out though or you'll get tackled while building up the pass.

Frank_The_Tank

Juniors
if you give long pass to the flat footed player its easier to get off a good kick because he is deeper and you have more time.also if you leave it till the last moment you teammates will already be ahead of the opposition and get a head start on retaining the ball on the kick. i can now get 40/20s about 50% or more of the time on legend mode

Razor

Coach
Frank_The_Tank said:
if you give long pass to the flat footed player its easier to get off a good kick because he is deeper and you have more time.

That's why I like the flat-footed players. If you want to make them run you can.

bulldog

Bench
You can stand back a couple of mtrs. in defence if you have control of a player in the line and then start moving early (make sure not too early) and catch the reciever as he gets the ball , this also works if you get your defender to sprint left and right along the defensive line (as long as they are moving and not offside they can get a big jump on the offense) . Just be careful sprinting out of the line , miss the tackle and they have room to move.
Regards ,

***MH***

Bench
has anyone tried to unlock the secret stadium yet? im gonna try vengence mode that mario described in the chat room, pick the sea eagles and play against them in comp mode and make them wooden spooners and hope it unlocks....
give manly a wooden spoon for once....

what has anyone else tried?

ghoti

Bench
I had this theory to unlock the secret stadium. Maybe if you play an exhibition match at every stadium in the game you unlock it...so you go ANZ, then each one in sequence.

I found a cool way to cheat the sin bin. Just as you hit the high tackle, if Vossy says the players name or you think you kow who he is, interchange him immediately. He'll go off the field and get replaced. If you're not exactly sure, put on four players off the bench for who you think it may be. Then if you want em back on, put em back on again.

AxeJuggler

Juniors
If you want to get the Videos, but dont have time to play you can just start an 80 minute match, make sure you select a team, and start the game, then you can just change the channel and watch some TV, that way although you will probably lose 1500-0 you will still be on your way to getting that cheerlead Vid :D :D =D>

Azkatro

First Grade
One of these count as a bug but as long as it isn't fixed, I guess you could use it to your advantage.

As I said in another thread I subbed a forward off just as he did a high tackle. He was sinbinned, but his replacement came on. When he came back from the bin I had 14 on the pitch.

Another thing relates to improving your defensive prowess. I used to have a problem where I'd tap the tackle button but it wouldn't respond at the right moment and I'd miss lots of tackles. What I've worked out is that you can change your grip on the pad (depending on the setup, pad etc) so that in defense you're holding down the tackle button 100% of the time. As you hold that do the other typical things like tap sprint and select different players. Your defense will be much more effective as they will go for the tackle more consistently and not let the opposition walk through.

Azkatro

First Grade
Change your lineup so your fastest / best acceleration player wears the number 7 jersey. You'll score PLENTY more tries from the scrum that way (running diagonally through the gap). Classic example is using Bowen for the Cowboys.

izzo

Juniors
ripper73 said:
Its the SIDHE and HES crew with 10 in everything on all their stats.

I will give someone $10 who can beat them on League God mode with an Unedited Halifax and shoe me proof

i beat them with souths on league god mode

Latest posts