What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans vs South Sydney,Cbus Super Stadium - Saturday 3.00pm

Tue 26th May, 12:24PM
A A

1432607123041.jpg

Titans v Rabbitohs
Saturday 10 May 2014
3:10pm - Gates open
3:15pm- Holden Cup Kick Off
5:30pm – NRL Kick Off

This Saturday 10 May the Rabbitohs head to the Gold Coast to take on the Titans at Cbus Super Stadium before heading to Perth in Round 13.
Bring the family to the game and enjoy activities such as a giant slip and slide, Bat Tower, Side Show Alley and more to celebrate Family Fun Day!

PRE-PURCHASE TICKETS – PUBLIC TRANSPORT INCLUDED

Click here or call 132 849 to pre purchase tickets to this weekend’s match.
Note: Rabbitohs Away Supporter Bay S12 is currently exhausted. Patrons can now purchase tickets into the Away Supporter Bay S13 through the above which is next to this Bay.
RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS – BURROW & QLD MEMBERS
To attend this Saturday’s upcoming Rd 12 match against the Gold Coast Titans, all QLD Members have to do is scan their 2015 Membership Card at the Cbus Stadium turnstiles and gain entry.

Rabbitohs Members will have access to sit in the Rabbitohs Supporter Bays ‘BayS12’. It is general admission seating within these bays so no specific ticket is required.

If you are attending with any Rabbitohs fans that are not Members, you can purchase general admission tickets for them at a 10% off rate via Ticketek by entering in the password which you will receive via email.
PLEASE NOTE: NO TICKETS NEED TO BE SELECTED FROM THE CLUB. PLEASE USE YOUR MEMBER CARD TO GAIN ENTRY. IF YOU HAVE LOST YOUR MEMBER CARD PLEASE CONTACT THE MEMBERSHIP DEPARTMENT ON (02) 8306 9922
The Burrow Supporter Group will also be in Bay S12.
RABBITOHS FANS GET TOGETHER PRE-GAME
Come along and join the Rabbitohs faithful around 11.00am before the game on the Gold Coast at the family-friendly Dog and Parrot Tavern - 2 Scottsdale Drive Robina 4226.

We will have our talented face painting team decorating you in team colours and our famous annual signed Jersey raffle.

Parking is available at the Tavern, plus there will be a courtesy bus to and from the game.
TRANSPORT INFORMATION
All public transport and event services through Translink are covered in your admission ticket to the Titans home game against the Rabbitohs on Saturday 10 May.
Transport information pertaining to the Titans home games, including routes and times, can be obtained through Translink, for further information click here

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/05/26/match_day_informatio.html

Last edited:
Titans fans urged to match Rabbit invasion

Tue 26 May, 2015, 6:00am
By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent, NRL.com

Email
Print

image.ashx
It was hard to spot a Titans jersey in the Cbus stands when the Rabbitohs last came to the Gold Coast. Credit: Col Whelan. Copyright: NRL Photos

They are the transplanted voices that turn a home game into a cauldron and Titans forward Luke Douglas has urged Gold Coast fans to match the expected invasion of Rabbitohs supporters at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
The Titans' second-biggest crowd of 2014 turned out to watch them play the Rabbitohs in Round 9 last year but unfortunately for the home side the majority of those inside the stadium were wearing red and green.
A 40-18 victory by the visitors gave them plenty to cheer about but as the Titans enter a key four-week period where they have three games on home soil, Douglas said it is crucial that they have the crowd on their side.
The Titans have launched a special two-game membership package for just $25 that includes tickets to both this weekend's game and the clash with Manly in Round 18 and a merchandise pack as they look to arrest their horrible recent record at home.
Draw Widget - Round 12 - Titans vs Rabbitohs
The influence of parochial fans can be significant in earning their team a penalty at a critical stage of the game and Douglas has laid down the challenge to Gold Coast fans to match what the Rabbitohs faithful will bring.
"It's going to be hard to combat the red and green but hopefully we can get some blue and yellow out there and really get vocal because it's going to be hard to take that noise away from Souths," Douglas said.
"You do tend to get those 50/50s go your way when the crowd's into the ref. I know the majority of our guys get there and say their two bob's worth but a few more would be great.
"When there are calls that go the right and wrong way, the crowd really revs up.
"You've got teams like Souths, the Warriors, Saints and 'Parra' who all travel well so they do tend to be really vocal and you do notice it out there but we've got our loyal supporters that come out each week so hopefully we can get a few more.
"We haven't got too many wins at home so it's something we're trying to work on, not only for ourselves but for the supporters that get down there each week.
"Three out of four games here at home and the Origin period so massive chance for us to try and get a few wins under our belt."
The Rabbitohs were far from convincing in their 14-12 win over the Eels last Friday night and with halfback Adam Reynolds still on the injured list are looking somewhat vulnerable.
The defending premiers could also be without captain Greg Inglis depending on how he recovers from Wednesday night's Origin encounter but Douglas rejected the notion that the Titans are getting the Rabbitohs at the right time.
"It's a massive challenge. They won the comp last year and they've got massive boys all the way across the paddock, particularly in the forward," said Douglas, who has won just five of 15 games against the Rabbitohs throughout his career.
"The Burgess boys are going to be hard to pull down and our defence has been lacking a bit so we really need to get the grunt in there.
"I think they've got the depth and they're that well drilled, they've got great staff there and they'll come out firing no matter what. They'll be hungry and we've got to be hungrier."

http://www.nrl.com/titans-fans-urged-to-match-rabbit-invasion/tabid/10874/newsid/86513/default.aspx

Rabbitohs

1 Greg Inglis (c)
2 Alex Johnston
3 Dylan Walker
4 Bryson Goodwin
5 Aaron Gray
6 John Sutton
7 Luke Keary
8 Thomas Burgess
9 Issac Luke
10 Dave Tyrrell
11 Ben Lowe
12 Chris McQueen
13 Jason Clark

Interchange
14 Cameron McInnes
15 Nathan Brown
16 Tim Grant
17 George Burgess
18 Chris Grevsmuhl
19 John Olive
Coach: Michael Maguire

hurricane57

Juniors
Rabbitohs

1 Greg Inglis (c)
2 Alex Johnston
3 Dylan Walker
4 Bryson Goodwin
5 Aaron Gray
6 John Sutton
7 Luke Keary
8 Thomas Burgess
9 Issac Luke
10 Dave Tyrrell
11 Ben Lowe
12 Chris McQueen
13 Jason Clark

Interchange
14 Cameron McInnes
15 Nathan Brown
16 Tim Grant
17 George Burgess
18 Chris Grevsmuhl
19 John Olive
Coach: Michael Maguire

Hi, can anybody provide me with info re John Olive, please.

alien

Referee
Ben Lowe is fit to play?

looks like they expect him to be.

you know you have alot of decent forwards when grevs misses out of a spot in the 17, and that is also with turner and stewart out, and sutton playing five eighth

alien

Referee
Hi, can anybody provide me with info re John Olive, please.

i hope this is enough :)

John Olive

Date of Birth:04-11-1996
Height:186cm
Weight:95kg
Position:Centre
Rep. Honours:Australian Schoolboys (2014)
Junior Clubs:Kingsgrove Colts
Instagram:johnathanolive_
Bio: John Olive joined the Rabbitohs under 20s squad in 2014 from the junior reps ranks of the North Sydney Bears. Played for the Australian Schoolboys in 2014. Lightning quick. Greg Inglis is his favourite all time Rabbitohs player.

Under 20s Games: 19 (19 for the Rabbitohs)
Under 20s Tries: 7 (7 for the Rabbitohs)
Under 20s Points: 28 (28 for the Rabbitohs)

Nickname: John, Johnny, Olive tree
Birthplace: Sydney, NSW

What do you like to do outside of football: Playing touch football and hanging with my friends.

Past education: High School Certificate at Endeavour Sports High School.

What are your goals in Rugby League? To be able to achieve playing in the NRL and establish myself as a player and person.

What?s the best advice you?ve received from someone? Always work hard for what you want and never stop.

What?s your earliest football memory? Tripping over just before the try line when I made a break.

What is the best moment in your Rugby League career so far? Winning the National Schoolboy title and representing Souths at under 20s level.

What moment changed your Rugby League career? Getting cut from St George train on squad then moving to North Sydney when I was 16.

What advice do you have for junior Rugby League players? It doesn?t matter what team you play for, use your opportunities and work hard.

Which of the young players at the Rabbitohs has the most potential and why? Tom Hughes because he?s just a good, positive bloke who is constantly improving.

Who is your weirdest team mate and why? Devon Boyce ? he doesn?t like me for some reason!

If a restaurant or café named a meal or sandwich after you, what would be in it? Bacon, chicken, avocado, hollandaise sauce on white bread.

What?s the most embarrassing song or album in your collection? All About the Bass ? Meghan Trainor.

Where is one place in the world you want to visit? Rio, Brazil.

Which TV show can you not miss each week? Big Brother.

What could you not live without? Food, family and Rugby.

If you could invite three people to your house for a BBQ, who would they be and why? Dwayne Johnson because he was my childhood hero, Beyonce because she has great music, and Muhammad Ali because he?s one of the best boxers and I would try and learn from him.

If I wasn?t playing Rugby League for a living, I would be... trying to be an office worker.

What's on your bucket list? - Barbara Vaughn ? Member # 38394: To go to Rio, Brazil.

Who is the most inspirational player or person on your career and how have they positively affected your football? ? Kortlee M. ? Member # 2351: Probably my dad and my older brother. They pushed me to where I am and I?m thankful for that.

What is your greatest achievement outside of Rugby League? - Steve W. ? Member # 28030: Finishing high school.

Of all the past South Sydney Players, who are the top three you would have liked to have played with? - Drew S. # 36922: Greg Inglis, Alex Johnston and Craig Wing.

What transforms a group of athletes into a strong united team? - Bill K. ? Member # 27210: Communication and bonding together builds a team.

Who is your favourite South Sydney player of all time? - Carl H. ? Member # 3002: Greg Inglis.

What does it mean to you to wear the red and green of South Sydney? - John G. ? Member # 29026: It means everything. They gave me an opportunity and I?m taking it with two hands.

Who were your favourite players when you were a kid? ? Nik J. ? Member # 1914: Billy Slater and Kevin Locke.

What would winning Souths? 22nd Premiership mean to you? - Philip C. ? Member # 14140: A dream come true.

Who is the biggest pest in the team and why? - Kieran H. ? Member # 349: Devon Boyce ? he talks too much.

What is the funniest thing you?ve seen or heard on a football field? ? Scott - Member # 5475: When a boy threw a cut out and ?falconed? someone on the head.

At the end of your football career, what would you like to be remembered for as a Rabbitohs player? - Anthony D. - Member # 12410: A competitive athlete who never gave up and pushed to the final minute.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/team/profiles/john_olive.html

Rabbits20

Immortal
Thanks for the info Alien.

So Olive is still only 18. He must be a great talent. We've got plenty of them which is great.

When he gets his chance I'm sure he'll play better than Reddy/Millard the park footballers!!!

I've heard of his name quite a lot but don't think I've seen him play yet.

Rabbits20

Immortal
So Madge isn't mucking around anymore!!!

Bye bye Reddy/Millard back to Norths.

George has been dropped to the bench with Tom starting which is a good decision. George hasn't been energetic on the field. His work rate is down and he isn't making enough metres.

Last week Tom's work rate was very good with 19 hit ups for 180m so he fully deserves his starting spot.

If you don't perform from now on, Madge will come down hard!!!

Hellray

Juniors
Drop Grant for Grevs and id be happy with that lineup, if Goodwin gets the chop for Olive, ill be nervous but also very excited.

He has been playing for Norths in reserves since Gardiner took over the coaching job there, so he has tasted what its like to play against men, following same footsteps as Walker did before his debut

Can anyone shed some light on when Whitelaw and Crighton are expected back?

hurricane57

Juniors
Thanks for the info Alien.

Gavin Miller was 17 when he ran onto the field for Wests so Olive isn't to young - how old was Walker, 18 wasn't he - give Olive a go I reckon, he can't do any worse than Reddy.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Drop Grant for Grevs and id be happy with that lineup, if Goodwin gets the chop for Olive, ill be nervous but also very excited.

He has been playing for Norths in reserves since Gardiner took over the coaching job there, so he has tasted what its like to play against men, following same footsteps as Walker did before his debut

Can anyone shed some light on when Whitelaw and Crighton are expected back?

Goodwin isn't getting the chop for Olive it's Reddy who got the chop.

Goodwin has done some good things for us, yes he makes errors at times but he's been very solid for us. Obviously he's not in the same class as Auva'a.

I'm not sure about Whitelaw and Crichton either. Brock Gray and Taukafa aren't named for the Bears this week so I assume they're injured too?

Does anybody know how long these 4 guys are out for?

Luke & McInnes Working Closely Together

Words & Video: Tom Skolarikis & Guy Bevan
Wed 27th May, 12:52PM
A A

Rabbitohs hookers Issac Luke and Cameron McInnes have been working closely together at Rabbitohs training - the two showing that the hard work is paying off by playing central roles for the side last week against the Eels.
After starting from the bench in recent matches, Luke was last week elevated to the starting line-up at the last minute, before this week being named to start on the Gold Coast against the Titans at Cbus Super Stadium.
McInnes, freshly signed to a new deal, scored what would be the match-winning try against the Eels in Round 11 before Luke added the extras to seal the match in the final five minutes of play.
“Me and Cam have been working together really good,” said Luke.
“Like Madge says, it’s all about performance. I managed to tick off a lot of boxes against the Storm and I got my place back.
“But me and Cam have been doing a lot of work together and we’ve been training hard together.
“He’s a good kid – humble and he works every day. He comes to training every day and he just wants to better himself and it’s going to pay off in the long run.
“He’s learned a lot off the other hookers that have been here as well – as I have as well.”
Meanwhile, Luke admitted to looking forward to watching tonight’s opening State of Origin match and is throwing his support behind Greg Inglis’ Maroons, despite being a little torn by the birthplace of his children.
“I’ll stick with the Maroons,” said Luke.
“Not because of their run-rate – I was watching the game’s in New Zealand with my old man when New South Wales were dominating as well.
“My oldest son, he was born in Queensland. But then my daughter and my other son – they were born down here."

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/05/27/luke_mcinnes_working.html

Confidence Growing for Gray

Words & Video: Tom Skolarikis I Aaron Gray
Wed 27th May, 04:10PM
A A

In just four first grade games, Rabbitohs winger Aaron Gray has managed to score five tries and is now set to play in his fifth game for the Club this Saturday on the Gold Coast when the side takes on the Titans in Round 11.
After playing 41 NYC games for the red and greens and playing plenty of game-time with North Sydney, Gray got his first shot at the top grade in Round 8 when Head Coach Michael Maguire selected the Mascot Junior to play in the centres.
But it was his shift to the wing the following game against the Dragons that saw him become a true first grade contender, picking up a try-scoring double while also showing great physical strength in attack.
“It’s been a good introduction to my career,” said Gray.
“(I’m) just doing my job for the team on the wing there. The big boys and the halves are laying the platform for us and making my job a bit easier on the wing.

“AJ said he wants his left wing spot back, but I’m going to try and keep it. I’m just not getting too far ahead of myself – (I’m) just going to take it week by week and I’ll keep trying to do my job for the team as best I can.”
Gray has credited the environment at the Club, as well as close childhood mate Dylan Walker for instilling confidence in his abilities during his journey to the top grade.
“I’ve been around the team now for a couple of years,” said Gray.
“I’ve always been talking to Dylan and the senior boys that have been playing now for a while, just asking them what it’s like to get out there.
“They said just be confident and do what got you here. So I just took that advice on board and really tried to do what I do best on the field.”

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/05/27/confidence_growing_f.html

Titans v Rabbitohs preview

Thu 28 May, 2015, 9:42am
By Tony Webeck, NRL.com

Email
Print

Gold Coast Titans v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Cbus Super Stadium
Saturday, 3pm
No Titans player will say that this is a good time to play the defending premiers for fear that it will somehow inspire a team struggling for cohesion to produce their best display of the season, but make no mistake, this is a very good time for the Titans to be hosting the Rabbitohs.
Minus Adam Reynolds and Glenn Stewart and with severe doubt as to whether Greg Inglis will be in a position to back-up after Origin I makes South Sydney look as vulnerable as at any time in Michael Maguire's reign as coach.
It took an extremely poor piece of defence from the Eels in the 75th minute before the Rabbitohs were able to edge their way in front in what were admittedly atrocious conditions at ANZ Stadium last Friday night.
The greatest concern for the Titans is that even though South Sydney are below their best they are still finding ways to win. Having lost three games at home by a combined total of four points it is a quality the Titans are still very much learning as they aim to keep pace with the top five.
Former Rabbitoh Beau Falloon is out of the Titans team with a dislocated wrist and David Mead (hamstring) has been replaced on the wing by Kevin Gordon.
The Rabbitohs have named Inglis at fullback and shifted Alex Johnston back to the wing in place of Joel Reddy. Chris Grevsmuhl and debutant John Olive have been added to a six-man bench that also includes George Burgess.
Despite suffering stretched ligaments in his knee against the Eels, Ben Lowe has been named in the second row for South Sydney and Bryson Goodwin will play his 50th game for the club.
Draw Widget - Round 12 - Titans vs Rabbitohs
Rnd 12: Sat 30 May 2015, 3:00pm, Cbus Super Stadium

#NRLTitansSouths

ADD

13th

Buy Tickets

6th

Team Lists Match Preview Tipping

Watch Out Titans: Luke Keary's first two tries in the NRL came in a single game against the Titans in his rookie season in 2013 and the former Burleigh Bear would love nothing more to heap further misery on the club that overlooked him for being too small. He's been burdened by the pressure of guiding the Rabbitohs around the park in the absence of Adam Reynolds but playing alongside John Sutton last week he returned to somewhere near his best. Keary topped the stats for South Sydney in line breaks (two) and tackle busts (six) and his running game will catch out any lazy Titans defenders.
Watch Out Rabbitohs: One of three former Rabbitohs lining up for the Titans on Saturday, Eddy Pettybourne has become one of the Titans' most consistent contributors since joining the club just prior to the start of the season. His average of 115 metres off the bench is second only to Greg Bird and his 10 offloads have created plenty of second-phase play through the middle of the field. With the sheer size of the Rabbitohs forwards, Pettybourne's leg speed and energy in the middle third shapes as a real trump card for the home side.
Key Match-Up: David Taylor v Chris McQueen. Two spurned members of Queensland's Origin squad from last year and former teammates get the opportunity to give Maroons selectors a little reminder of their credentials with a one-on-one stoush on Saturday. After a sluggish start to the season McQueen has been a threat on the Rabbitohs' left edge and got through an impressive amount of work, including 43 tackles last week against the Eels. But this is the game where the Titans desperately need a runaway 'Coal Train'. In seven games Taylor has made 21 tackle busts and three line-breaks and 'Good Dave' could make the difference in this one.
History: Played 12; Titans 5; Rabbitohs 7. Prior to their 14-10 win at ANZ Stadium in Round 17 last year the Titans had endured a five-match losing streak to the Rabbitohs having won their previous three encounters on the trot. The last two visits to the Gold Coast have been fruitful for South Sydney, winning by a combined total of 72-22.
Did You Know: Three former Rabbitohs have scored against their old club while playing for the Titans. Mark Minichiello scored in the first meeting of the two teams in Round 11 2007 and then scored a double in Gold Coast's 22-14 win in Round 23, 2009. Chris Walker – who played just five games for South Sydney – scored in Round 8, 2009 and Dave Taylor crossed in the Titans' 40-18 loss in Round 9 last year.
What Are The Odds: Titans $2.60, Rabbitohs $1.50. There is nearly three times the money placed on the Rabbitohs in comparison to the Titans. Sportsbet punters have identified South Sydney at the line as the best bet in this match. Latest odds at Sportsbet.com.au
Match Officials: Referee: Grant Atkins; Assistant Referee: Gavin Reynolds; Touch Judges: Jeff Younis and Clayton Sharpe; Video Referees: Jared Maxwell and Ben Galea.
Televised: Fox Sports – Live 3pm
The Way We See It: The bookmakers will tell you that this is a foregone conclusion but the Rabbitohs' shaky run of form and the Titans' strong displays at home would suggest this match will be go down to the wire. Given his bout of tonsilitis last week Greg Inglis must be in severe doubt to back up after Origin I and a dry track should suit the Titans' quick men. This is a danger game for the Bunnies but their class should just get them home. Again. Rabbitohs by 4 points.

http://www.nrl.com/titans-v-rabbitohs-preview/tabid/10874/newsid/86601/default.aspx

Walker: Support for Rabbits Everywhere

Words: Tom Skolarikis I Photos: Nrlphotos.com
Thu 28th May, 11:31AM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

1432776775799.jpg

Whether playing at home or away, there’s never any shortage of Rabbitohs support in the stands, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed by Rabbitohs centre Dylan Walker as he and his side prepare to take on the Titans on the Gold Coast this Saturday.
With almost 5000 Rabbitohs Members in Queensland, plus a committed contingent of travellers intent on watching as many live games as possible, Walker expects that the red and green will be proudly in display in large numbers on Saturday.
“There was so much red and green on the Gold Coast last year – it kind of felt like a home game at times and I’m sure it’ll be no different this time,” said Walker.
“The support that we’ve got is outstanding everywhere we go. We’ve got fans all over Australia and even the world – like we find out when we went over to England for the World Club Challenge. It’s funny when I watch games on TV and other teams are playing and there’ll always be a few Souths jerseys in the crowd.

Walker_inset2.jpg

“It’s definitely awesome to see so much red and green everywhere we go and we get a big kick out of it.”
Walker’s last trip up to the Gold Coast in Round 9 of 2014 saw the centre pick up four tries against the home-side, only narrowly missing out on a fifth. But Walker this week pointed to the importance of defence against a Titans outfit coming fresh off a bye and a one-point loss the week before.
“They’re a side with a lot of attacking potential,” said Walker.
“They’ve got James Roberts who is real fast and Aiden Sezer who’s a great playmaker and then you’ve got the new halfback, Kane Elgey.
“We’ll really have to be on our game defensively. I think the defence we’ve been showing since the Dragon’s game has been getting to our standards.
“Obviously there’s plenty of room for improvement, and that’s what we’ll be looking at doing this week.
“We can’t wait to get up there and put in a good performance – especially when you know there’s going to be so much support up there.”

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/05/28/walker_support_for_r.html

Rabbits20

Immortal
Do you guys reckon GI will play on Saturday?

Also any news on Ben Lowe? Even though he's named I expect him to probably miss 2-3 weeks.

I'm assuming Grevsmuhl is a strong chance to play.

Latest posts