What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TNA Sacrifice SPOILERS (LIVE)

Misanthrope

Staff member
Anyone else watching this? The opening X-Division Title match was quite good - lots of nice little spots and told a good story.

Chris Sabin (c) defeated Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal to retain the X-Division Title
Lots of good spots in this one, with Sonjay and Lethal constantly getting in one another's way to continue their little storyline. Dutt and Lethal's arguing allowed Sabin to get a cheap roll-up on Dutt to win the match

Misanthrope

Staff member
:eek:

Robert Roode pins Jeff Jarrett after some underhanded tactics (including a brass knuckle shock and some turnbuckle antics)

Misanthrope

Staff member
Christopher Daniels beat Rhino after using a baseball bat to knock him out. After the match, Rhino went apesh*t on Daniels but was stopped from pile-driving him through a pile of chairs.

Basham & Damaja beat Kipp James, having hospitalised BG James earlier in the night. Crowd didn't much care - but they look decent enough.

We're in the middle of Storm & Harris' Texas Death Match atm, and it's been quite brutal.

Misanthrope

Staff member
This match is f**king awesome!

Sweet Christ, what a match. Harris wins after some brutal, brutal sh*t.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Jerry Lynn pinned Alex Shelley to end a somewhat underwhelming four way X-Division Xhibition match involving Shelley, Lynn, Senshi, and Tiger Mask. Not a bad match, just not as good as I'd hoped. Tiger Mask was a little disappointing.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Team 3-D retain the NWA World Tag titles after pinning Tomko in a damn enjoyable brawl. Lots of action here - the highlight being the apparent breakup of Tomko and Steiner as a team after some miscommunication during the match. After the match, Tomko beat on Steiner - but Rick Steiner made the save.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Eh, not really. They had two referee's in the ring. One of them awarded Kurt Angle a submission victory over Sting, but at the same time Sting had Christian pinned and the other referee counted it.

Since TNA have ended their relationship with NWA, they need an excuse to vacate the NWA Heavyweight Title so they can introduce the TNA Heavyweight Title. A dusty decision like this looks like the way they'll do it.

d3@t3h

Juniors
Thank FSM no shane douglas moment on the nwa belt situation, you can not re-create history.
but a dusty finish FFS why could they just let it go by un-noticed like the Tag titles

slaytera

Juniors
That's what it says at TNA.com. I actually missed the last 5 minutes of the match. I'm gonna watch the replay later.

Misanthrope

Staff member
but a dusty finish FFS why could they just let it go by un-noticed like the Tag titles

It'd be a little weird to just vacate both titles on Thursday's Impact without going into details with regards to the dissolution of the whole NWA/TNA break-up. I'm not a fan of dusty finishes, but given the circumstances, I'd rather be given a reason for the vacated title.

mackdadday

Juniors
Whats going on with raven? by far my fave of the monday night wars characters and a good example of why nitro stayed in front for 81 weeks...they knew how to use their talent.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Raven's suffering from some kind of glandular problem, so he's woefully out of shape at the moment. He still cuts a mean promo, and heads up a jobber stable called Serentonin with Matt Bentley, Jonny Devine, and Frankie Kazarian (under aliases) in it. A bit disappointing, really :(