What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To the Team Not the Fans!!!

Quint

Juniors
Thanks for a boring night of football!:x
just making up numbers comes to mind......
What a joke the 8 is!
Bring Back the 5!
Congrats to you Blokes!

God-King Dean

Immortal
True this. Sharks have been very entertaining the last 2 weeks...

Too bad it will be well known your best player in 2007 doesn't want to be there.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Quint said:
Thanks for a boring night of football!:x
just making up numbers comes to mind......
What a joke the 8 is!
Bring Back the 5!
Congrats to you Blokes!

Bringing back the 5 would be no good as the Dragons would have missed the cut.:crazy:

weasel

First Grade
Actually, we wouldn't have missed out in the old top five system, since teams finishing on equal points played off for that last spot, we would have played manly midweek, and probably beaten them by a similar scoreline as last night, and leapt into fifth spot.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Maroubra Eel said:
Oh yeah I get it.
Are you sure?

Quint's trolling in his just way of expressing his awe for the Mighty Dragons. We've enjoyed success which Sharkie supporters can but imagine. Quint, not mentioning any names but some teams couldn't even make the top eight - in my view, this says bucket loads about the state of their club.

For the record, I'm not a fan of the top eight either. If you make 7th or 8th, you should be packing your bags for the end of season trip. But this is the system we have and every team knows the deal.

ozzie

Bench
Willow said:
Are you sure?

Quint's trolling in his just way of expressing his awe for the Mighty Dragons. We've enjoyed success which Sharkie supporters can but imagine. Quint, not mentioning any names but some teams couldn't even make the top eight - in my view, this says bucket loads about the state of their club.

For the record, I'm not a fan of the top eight either. If you make 7th or 8th, you should be packing your bags for the end of season trip. But this is the system we have and every team knows the deal.

Just a money thing..where ae 7th and 8th now? Goorrrrn

Drew-Sta

Staff member
A top 6 double elimination system would be interesting.

Still, as has been stated, the 8 is in place and everyone must accept it as 'The Norm'.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I agree ozzie, and it keeps the fans interested. But teams from 7th and 8th can still go all the way. I question whether or not they deserve to have that shot. But this is the system we have and that's that.

sydraider

First Grade
Willow said:
I agree ozzie, and it keeps the fans interested. But teams from 7th and 8th can still go all the way. I question whether or not they deserve to have that shot. But this is the system we have and that's that.

I still think it should be

5v8
6v7

This would give teams in the bottom four, more of a chance IMO.

ShaiGuY

First Grade
very similar post by quint on the Manly messageboard... without the top 5 reference... 1 bored troll.

Father Ted

First Grade
sydraider said:
I still think it should be

5v8
6v7

This would give teams in the bottom four, more of a chance IMO.

Don't agree . Teams finishing first and second in the regular season have earned all the advantages they get .