What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toby backs Pride Round

https://www.foxsports.com.au/

Sharks star throws support behind NRL pride round declaring: ‘I’m not a one-stop shop’​

Tom Sargeant from Fox Sports
July 29th, 2022 9:05 am
Sharks prop Toby Rudolf has welcomed the introduction of an NRL pride round in the wake of Manly’s rainbow-trimmed jersey controversy while opening up on his own sexuality.
The front row enforcer revealed he fully supported the move after ARLC chairman Peter V’landys expressed his desire to implement a yearly event to celebrate members of the LGBTQIA community.
“Absolutely. We are very proud that we are a game for everybody,” V’landys said when asked if a pride round was on the cards.

“That’s why I’m in this game, because I had difficulty being accepted as a migrant and rugby league accepted me.”
Rudolf, who himself identifies as heterosexual, openly spoke about his same-sex experiences, stating “sexuality is fluid”.
“I haven’t got caught up in the Manly situation,” Rudolf said to the SMH.
“What I will say is I was raised by quite a few gay and lesbian community members. My uncle is gay and my godmother is gay, and there’s so much love in that community.
“Sexuality is very fluid. I’ve been out and kissed many gay men, kissed many straight women and kissed many gay women.

“I’m not a one-stop shop. Love is love, and I love to share it with everyone. You could say I’m open to both genders but only attracted to one of them.”
At the start of 2021, Rudolf found himself in the limelight when he explained his plans to get drunk, go to Northies and “try and pull something, anything will do”.
“At the time of that interview I never said ‘women’,” Rudolf said.
Meanwhile, the Sharks sit in third on the competition ladder, with new coach Craig Fitzgibbon and recruits Dale Finucane, Cameron McInnes and Nicho Hynes shining.

Rudolf praised his new teammates in the forward pack, hailing their experience as a key factor in the club’s resurgence.
“Dale and Cam have also been great. Dale is such a leader, he has so much experience he’s accrued over the years – he’s played in about 1000 grand finals – and Cam, who I went to school with, is encroaching on 150 NRL games,” Rudolf said.

DJDL

Bench
I've had an inkling about Tobes since watching some of his Instagram vids a while back.
Good on him for being so up front about it.

ghoti

Bench
I was really happy to hear that this morning, so proud of Tobes for not giving a shit and being open about something that affects a good percentage of the NRL. Hope it helps some of the closeted guys in our game feel a bit more welcome than the last couple of days of dipshit commentary have provided

Smug Panther

First Grade
Awesome hopefully a few more come forward now. Really put the pressure back on the prayer circle gang

jc155776

Coach
I love that his message is only positive. Doesn’t have a chop at anyone, doesn’t belittle anyone, doesn’t play a victim card. Just a message of be nice to people.

also playing great footy this year. Slow start but I reckon he was still recovering from covid earlier in the year (covid effect on long term athletic performance has very little real world data at the moment!).

He looks fitter every week, carrying a massive workload and allowing other players to play less minutes or so less works

Marchad

Juniors
He better be careful with his words as the progressives would quickly jump down on him for saying there are only 2 genders.