What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toby Rudolf appreciation thread

jc155776

Coach
This bloke needs his own thread for all those wanting to man crush over this beast.

Anyone hear his ABC radio interview today? Absolute crack up, genuinely refreshing funny interview, can see him being a media favourite.

I remember Snoop Shark a few years ago talking him up a lot, can see why.

Two 80 min performances in a row? Such a hand full, fast play the balls, let’s Brailey get on the front foot.

Great that he backflipped on that Warriors deal, hoping he stays long term.

Has done the hard yards in reserve grade as well so I don’t think he fizzles out. Has added an offload to his game as well.

He misses some tackles but I think a lot of that is going in for hard hit contact, normally it pushes the opposition into another defender anyway. Also getting much better in that regard anyway. He does hurt merkins as well I reckon, drives them back.

Best Sharks player ever names Toby if you ask me.

Frenzy.

Immortal
This bloke needs his own thread for all those wanting to man crush over this beast.

Anyone hear his ABC radio interview today? Absolute crack up, genuinely refreshing funny interview, can see him being a media favourite.

I remember Snoop Shark a few years ago talking him up a lot, can see why.

Two 80 min performances in a row? Such a hand full, fast play the balls, let’s Brailey get on the front foot.

Great that he backflipped on that Warriors deal, hoping he stays long term.

Has done the hard yards in reserve grade as well so I don’t think he fizzles out. Has added an offload to his game as well.

He misses some tackles but I think a lot of that is going in for hard hit contact, normally it pushes the opposition into another defender anyway. Also getting much better in that regard anyway. He does hurt merkins as well I reckon, drives them back.

Best Sharks player ever names Toby if you ask me.

Yeah heard it. Was funny. Said he was the best fringe back rower ever at the Sharks! Was a gee up but he wouldn't let it go cause he was baiting Lewie!!

HAHAHAH

DJDL

Bench
I caught the end of that interview and yes, he’s very funny. Had to laugh when he was talking about stories from training but said he couldn’t really say much as he’s already copped a warning.

I think his game has improved this year for sure. He’s not so up and down with his running anymore. Seems to have added some footwork and running angles at times. Plus the offloads are coming. Not offloading for the sake of it, but being selective which I like.

And he doesn’t seem to be shooting out of the line in defence as much the past couple of weeks. I get the impression he’s been tasked with the Prior role of setting the line speed.

All up, he’s doing great for a dude with 24 games experience.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I caught the end of that interview and yes, he’s very funny. Had to laugh when he was talking about stories from training but said he couldn’t really say much as he’s already copped a warning.

I think his game has improved this year for sure. He’s not so up and down with his running anymore. Seems to have added some footwork and running angles at times. Plus the offloads are coming. Not offloading for the sake of it, but being selective which I like.

And he doesn’t seem to be shooting out of the line in defence as much the past couple of weeks. I get the impression he’s been tasked with the Prior role of setting the line speed.

All up, he’s doing great for a dude with 24 games experience.

Not sure if you heard but he did say an area of improvement he was working on was pacing himself and slowing himself down. That was evident last night. He only missed one and he was sticking at contact.

Also said he wants to stay at the Sharks beyond this year

chewsta

First Grade
Love the big units enthusiasm. He would have been a menace to raise hahahah

Must be great for moral in the side . Pleased he didnt go into his shell after the ridiculous PC smack down he got . I raised two daughters pretty much on my own and would consider id failed them if they were "hurt " by his throwaway, mickey take ,at the boofheads interviewing him the week before. Always told them "peoples actions say more than their words", and if you really are upset by someones words "consider the source " cause it says more about them than you .

Anyway I love the way he plays and his general attitude . My daughters reckon he's great too , even though I never did convince them to be Sharks fans !

[QUOTE=". My daughters reckon he's great too , even though I never did convince them to be Sharks fans ![/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmm!!! ?? maybe they just have too much fun taking the mickey out of me cause I notice they always know whats going on with the sharks!

Special K

Coach
Really hope we can get him to stay. Apparently theres a bit of a difference in valuation between both parties on what the figure should be. I’d hate to see him leave.

DJDL

Bench
Not good to hear. Surely they can get it sorted. He seems like the kind of guy who brings more the the team than just what he offers on-field.

Chimp

Bench
His energy and presence is infectious - a real leader. The sort of bloke who is the glue of a great team spirit and culture.
His running game is brilliant, makes good, hard, fast yards, drags in defenders, leaves them on the ground and gives Brails the space to play.
Yeah he misses some tackles, but they’re the sort of missed tackles I’m ok with - Jimmy M was the same - shoot up out of the line, ruin their momentum, hit the attacker and stop their run for others to wrap them up. Counts as a miss, but usually leads to them being immediately wrapped up by a team mate. I can live with that - he’s setting the line speed and disrupting.
I love the big fella.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Really hope we can get him to stay. Apparently theres a bit of a difference in valuation between both parties on what the figure should be. I’d hate to see him leave.
Could be interesting, the way the game is played Toby is very much suited to it, and now he can play 80 minutes

Chimp

Bench
Could be interesting, the way the game is played Toby is very much suited to it, and now he can play 80 minutes
This is where the coaching situation won’t be helping - we need to be nailing some of our retention ASAP. I suspect Tobys value will increase week on week for the exact reason you mention - this version of the game is perfect for a player like him - super fit, quick, energy.... we need to lock him up, pronto

Latest posts