What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today's Tactics

K-Man

Bench
To me today's effort reeks of over coaching.

A side coming off three consecutive 20 point victories has been needlessly chopped up and changed and the result is utter chaos.

Can anyone honestly say that if we had simply picked the same side as last week (with Uate in for Mad Dog) that this would've happened?

We've had wingers swapping sides (McManus to the left? what the...?), players out of position, the halfback dropped for a defensive 5/8th who was hooked after 20 minutes, 3 props completely lacking match fitness against a team who is sharp and skilfull, etc..

It's an old cliche but attack really is the best form of defence. I just don't understand the strategy of bringing in Karawana for Dureau. Sure he might tackle harder, but the best way to keep the opposition scoreless is simply to dominate possession and field position. And how do you do that? With a genuine halfback to guide you around the park, strong kicing game, no penalties.

Honestly what did Karawana give us out there? I'm dumbfounded.

Vuna and Uate paired together? I can't even think of a word for that apart from 'stupid'.

Wholesale changes to a winnin side, nice work Smithy.

Oh yeah, way to work on those discipline issues coach. f***ing penalties, it defies belief that first-graders could be so consistently dumb.

K-Man

Bench
Classic quote on the radio:

"The Knights have lacked direction today due to the LOSS of Dureau".

They are assuming he was injured because it doesn't even occur to them that he might've actually been dropped for Karawana!

General Knight

Juniors
Classic quote on the radio:

"The Knights have lacked direction today due to the LOSS of Dureau".

They are assuming he was injured because it doesn't even occur to them that he might've actually been dropped for Karawana!

Put it this way atleast Spasticwave isnt our coach otherwise Dureau would be out each week.

K-Man

Bench
It just makes me laugh. It's not even about Dureau. I'd deadset take ANY halfback at the moment. ANYONE with a decent passing and kicking game so that Mullen can play as a genuine 5/8th, Gidley as a genuine fullback and we can play with some sort of organisation!

Shane Perry would do me fine right now. Buy Nathan Fien, the Warriors don't want him. Ask Jason Taylor to come out of retirement. Just pick a freaking halfback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karmawave

Bench
Terrible coaching today.

I feel sorry for Matthew White. What he did wrong to get overlooked is beyond me.

Ben Cross, well he constantly disappoints me. I think the bloke is more hindrance than help. ESPECiALLY defensively.

Wicks was actually OK.

Apey

Staff member
Cross was poor defensively I thought, but Wicks and him seemed to go okay in attack.

Gotta agree with the post. Smithy is up to his old tricks of knocking his players confidence through the ground with selections that are rather dodgy. Karawana? turn it up. I don't know anymore. I reckon Smithy's final year is next year short of a top 4 finish. Bite the bullet and sign Fien. At least he has ticker and can organise a pack of forwards. Mullo needs to start to talk it up big time when the team are struggling. He is a champion in the making but he is too meek in his decisions at times.

Last edited:

Karmawave

Bench
Todays tactics were seeing how many differnet ways to drop the ball.

Or push passes.

Or lack discipline.

Or miss tackles.

But don't worry, the Messiah ( formerly known as Supersub ) will be back next week, and according to many people in here, he will be the saviour.

Apey

Staff member
No one is calling him a saviour. It's better than him not being there though.

Dropped balls, penalties and missed tackles. Nothing else to it.

knights_86

Juniors
so karma... i guess youre glad dureau didnt play today hey? couldve been disaster if he did... we mightve actually lost by less than 20, god forbid..

General Knight

Juniors
Actually if " Spasticwave " was the coach, he wouldn't have changed our winning team at all - Dureau included.

Yeah you probably wouldn't have changed a winning team but you wouldn't have dropped Dureau since he would have never been in your team to start off with.

Latest posts