What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney in trouble yet again?

Word on the street is Smith has felt that way since November.

Don't care right now because Guerra is priority #1. I wouldn't be surprised to see TC sacked to free up a few funds. Unfortunately Anasta keeps his massive contract, ditto FPN

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Myles should already be gone, granted the club has to go through the right channels to sack someone, hopefulyy he's already been informed he's not wanted in first grade again.

Be gutted if we lose guerra, even if we are deep with back rowers. Any reports on how Cherro is doing. Hope to god that kid gets a fair go next year.

Deep with backrowers but none as talented as Guerra IMO and that goes for Aubo.

Hopefully Cherro is recovering well for 2012

As for Myles, he's done his damage and will never play again for us in all likelihood. Sack him, don't sack him it won't matter one bit. He's gone and that's what is important

Last edited:

fred95

Juniors
That wont be Smiths decision to make, If the team does'nt improve immeasureably next year, ( with or without Carney ) Smith will be told He's no longer wanted.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I don't think the club can legally sack him, so if they get rid of him they will still be paying him next season, Politis isn't an idiot he won't let that happen and Smith has done himself no favours by revealing his position to the media. I wouldn't be surprised if Smith ends up being the one punted at the end of this season, and tbh I think Carney has a better shot of recovering without him. Smith can't help troubled young players especially ones f**ked up to the extent Carney is, I mean look what happened with Tim Smith at Parramatta.

I believe Carney loves the game, but he's struggled this year and it has gotten to him bad, it's easy to fall into old habits when things are going wrong. Also if a certain rumour is true then Carney probably has less respect for Smith than Smith has for him.

sretsoor

Juniors
Why does everyone say Smith wont be making the decision?

Therin is the problem with our club. The Coach should have the final say and responsibility of recruitment, retention and team selection. It's what he is contracted to do. Not the Board.

Seriously we have it backwards.

broncos2010

Juniors
no carney no roosters. You need him a lot more then he needs you. So what if you release him he will just get another club easy. He also said he would love to go back to canberra one day I believe.....

Ozzy

First Grade
no carney no roosters. You need him a lot more then he needs you. So what if you release him he will just get another club easy. He also said he would love to go back to canberra one day I believe.....
Does that mean no Locky no Broncos? Ofcourse not. No one player is bigger than the team.

Freddy's Girl

Juniors
Why does everyone say Smith wont be making the decision?

Therin is the problem with our club. The Coach should have the final say and responsibility of recruitment, retention and team selection. It's what he is contracted to do. Not the Board.

Seriously we have it backwards.

Its like you answered your own question :p

I agree, the decision should be with the coach but everyone knows its Nick who makes it.

We should be sacking but I don't want to see him go

Monk

Referee
Rumours of more Rooster boozers

ROOSTERS CEO Steve Noyce will rely on his players' honesty to determine if disturbing reports of three more stars breaking a drinking ban are correct.

Rugby League Week yesterday claimed suspended trio Todd Carney, Nate Myles and Frank-Paul Nuuausala weren't alone in betraying their teammates last week.

According to a club insider, the transgressors are preparing to allege that three more Roosters went out drinking on the same night - but escaped punishment because they weren't photographed.

It's understood there were no other players with Carney, Myles and Nuuausala last Monday night.The honesty session that stood the trio down last Wednesday featured input from every Roosters player, all of whom were given the chance to own up.

But Noyce last night said none had come forward with any confessions.

"I spoke to the players when it all happened," Noyce said. "There was no indication of anything else.

"We'll just wait and see if any of the players come in (today) and have something to say.

"All we've got is a story in Rugby League Week. There's no other evidence."

The fate of Carney, Myles and Nuuausala won't be known until they front the club's board next week.

But while Nuuausala played reserve grade last weekend, it's certain Carney and Myles won't return this year.

The club is split over whether to retain Carney, who has exasperated coach Brian Smith, but enjoys personal support from all-powerful Roosters chairman Nick Politis.

Source

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Cherrington got injured again a few weeks ago, the word was he's probably headed for an early retirement.

if this is true, its absolute horseshit. would love to see cherro fit and firing. so much potential

If it's true that 3 others we're out pissin up aswell, they should just own up, so much easier that way. don't give the telegrubs anymore ammo to write shit "exclusives"

adamkungl

Immortal
If there were more players on the drink its pretty bloody pissweak of them to let Carney take the fall. Hope it's not true, shows a very poor team attitude and is exactly why we aren't winning many games.

adamkungl

Immortal
France rumours gaining momentum

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/pardon-my-french-carney-eyes-move/story-e6frfgbo-1226118790571

WITH his NRL career hanging by a thread, Dally M Medallist Todd Carney is poised to make a surprise defection to France in a bid to escape the Sydney spotlight. The Sunday Telegraph has been told the Sydney Roosters are in negotiations with French-based UK Super League club Les Catalans for Carney to play there next season.
The move is viewed by Roosters powerbrokers as a way for Carney to get rehabilitated away from the glare of Sydney's eastern suburbs.
It is understood powerful Roosters chairman Nick Politis has spoken to Les Catalans coach and former Roosters assistant Trent Robinson about helping Carney get his life back on track in the south of France.
If the stint was a success, then Carney could return to the Roosters in 2013.
Carney enjoys a close bond with Robinson, who was one of the Roosters' assistants during last year's grand final charge.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

Related Coverage

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Sydney Roosters chief executive Steve Noyce said he was unaware of any move for Carney to head to France, but The Sunday Telegraph has had the plan confirmed by people within the club's inner-circle.
Carney's agent David Riolo has extensive contacts in French rugby league and union and facilitated the move for Karmichael Hunt to play the 15-a-side code with Biarritz last year.
Les Catalans coach Robinson is working out how to accommodate Carney into the roster as an imported player.
The Roosters will refrain from sacking Carney and instead present this option an alternative path to deal with his issues.
What is certain is that he won't be playing for the Tricolours next season. Roosters coach Brian Smith and senior players Braith Anasta and Anthony Minichiello are understood to have lost faith in Carney after his latest broken promise about abstaining from alcohol.
They are still fuming about the situation, making the French defection even more appealing.
The Sydney Roosters five-eighth and Queensland Origin forward Nate Myles remain stood down from training and playing for the Roosters after being served with a breach notice by the club. They are expected to front the board to explain themselves this week.
Noyce confirmed both Carney and Myles have the option of fronting the Roosters board to attempt to explain why they chose to break a team-enforced alcohol ban 13 days ago.
Myles, who was spotted having dinner in Randwick last night while the Roosters were beating the Sharks up the road at the SFS, has played his last game for the foundation club. He will join Gold Coast next season.
Carney is believed to be warming to the idea of moving to Perpignan. A similar escape to French rugby helped Penrith captain Craig Gower when he moved to play rugby for Bayonne in 2007.
Away from the spectre of the NRL and Sydney, Carney may be able to find solace.
Catalans coach Robinson remains in contact with Carney and a number of other Bondi Junction-based players.

In regards to the reasons behind this...no posting of potentially defamatory rumours, even if every man and his dog already knows the rumour